E3 Teaser Trailer / Release Window / Official Site + Screenshot

Started by ikarop, Jun 01, 2011, 03:03:03 PM

Author
E3 Teaser Trailer / Release Window / Official Site + Screenshot (Read 67,933 times)

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: RagingDragon link=topic=38982.msg1123888#msg1123888
They could dump the bodies and make up any story they like, for all I care.
:D
Quote from: CorruptionSolid on Jun 01, 2011, 08:11:06 PM
This trailer rock!!!!

I see that the copyright in official site are including alien ,aliens and alien3.  :o May be we might get dog alien in this?

I'm going to assume they but in A3 since that plot should be mentioned in this story, since Alien 3 happened before the game. Also, not sure about runners. I doubt any dogs survived the explosion, and I doubt the marines would bring dogs. Who knows though.

Brother

Quote from: dallas001 on Jun 01, 2011, 08:13:18 PM
Just to let you know, there would be no colony facility left. Plus the planet would be irradiated, and unihabitable. What a waste of time for this game.

I'm guessing the xenos won't be afraid of a little radiation..

And marines aren't planning to build vacation houses.

MrSpaceJockey

Marines with gas masks would be pretty badass.

Xhan

Quote from: ikarop on Jun 01, 2011, 08:05:33 PM
Exciting AVPG exclusive coming up soon!

Tessellated Aliens? (and I mean in Maya, not DX11)

DJ Pu$$yface

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jun 01, 2011, 08:20:55 PM
Marines with gas masks would be pretty badass.

More like heavy Lead Armor.

maybe like the Dog Catchers in Alien 3.

RagingDragon

+ customizable marines + drop-in/out 4 player co-op.  I'll see you guys next year, I'm going to be rocking back and forth screaming like Matt Damon in the end of Saving Private Ryan until then.

locusta

Using the same crappy models like in AVP 2010 = FAILURE!!

Common guys, do you wanna s**t us. Total disappointment!

MrSpaceJockey

Not liking the name Sephora too much though. If they used a Joseph Conrad reference, that would have absolutely 110% sealed the deal for me. Cmon, AvP3 got the Marlow as a Conrad reference.

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: locusta on Jun 01, 2011, 08:37:19 PM
Using the same crappy models like in AVP 2010 = FAILURE!!

Common guys, do you wanna s**t us. Total disappointment!

you know, the game's going to be released on PC too...

Ash 937

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jun 01, 2011, 08:38:41 PM
Not liking the name Sephora too much though. If they used a Joseph Conrad reference, that would have absolutely 110% sealed the deal for me. Cmon, AvP3 got the Marlow as a Conrad reference.

...and that's just about all AVP2010 got.

Corporate Merc

Quote from: Ash 937 on Jun 01, 2011, 08:43:46 PM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jun 01, 2011, 08:38:41 PM

...and that's just about all AVP2010 got.

AVP2010 was pretty cool but ACM is the real "bread n butter" of the aliens universe imo.

RagingDragon

I thought the Aliens in AvP looked pretty good.  It was that whole rest of the game thing that bothered me. :)

Matter of fact, that's the only reason I still play.  The graphics are superb, I go into the hive and run around dying over and over.  Beautiful, sweet facehugging death.

CorruptionSolid

I'm just notice the AvP 2010 alien tail...

BOUNTY HAUNTER

???

Umm...no offense guys, but I think you're all getting your hopes up for nothing.  I honestly don't see anything in that trailer to suggest that this is anything to get overly excited about.  Frankly, it doesn't look any better than AvP2010 (and that isn't saying much).

I mean...this is SEGA, folks.  Are your memories really that short?

After leaving this project in limbo for countless years, they're now going to force GearBox to get it done quick and throw it out on the shelves in time to capitalize on Ridley's prequel.  I suspect it will suffer from the same lack of polish that plagued AvP, but they'll still cash in on all the fanboys and then pull support after 90 days.

Another quick buck, and another insult to the franchise.

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

Pass.

Maybe I'll pick it up from the $9.99 bargain bin three months after its release.

The moral:
If the fans of these franchises really want better games, we need to start being more critical.  Stop shelling out your money for anything they throw on the shelf.  Frankly, if this (rather simplistic) trailer was enough to make you start fondling your wallet...yeesh.  I guess we'll never have an Aliens (or Predator) game with the production values of say, Bioshock.

So I definitely will not be pre-ordering this one.

Prove me wrong, SEGA.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed