Estimates on Trailer Release?

Started by ace3g, Nov 28, 2017, 04:30:05 AM

Author
Estimates on Trailer Release? (Read 123,634 times)

ELDERCLANLEADER

Yeah I knew that , Again it's bs , I don't want friendly predators in human clothes shooting human weapons . I don't want genetic mutated predators either , I was never fond of the super predators but I could live with it , but this mutated nonsense completely kills it for me . It's just cringy to say the least ....

Every film seems to try to make them more and more human, and they seem to be weaker and weaker by the film , It's this element I want to see get dropped . It simply doesn't work and will kill the franchise if they keep trying to do it .

Is it really that difficult to make a decently made predator film , that the fans would enjoy without damaging the established mythology? I understand they have to keep things fresh , but there is plenty of source material in the comics they could bring to the big screen . Why it needs to be this over the top is beyond me .

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 02, 2018, 08:50:40 PM
Quote from: funk_master_chunk on Apr 02, 2018, 08:35:57 PM
Preds in pants is ridiculous. NO two ways about it.

I keep thinking to the toy line mentioned a while back which had one of the Preds listed as "Emissary Predator" and, while I think that's going to be the Upgrade -  I can't help but dread that 'emissary' might be used in the more diplomatic sense; and that there's going to be some 'happy-go-lucky' relationship between Preds & Humans where they co-habit and we allow Preds to hunt on earth in exchange for advanced weaponry/tech etc.

Then there'll be a tenuous link to how/why Royce et al. were 'abducted' in Predators.

That's a concern I have. But, ATM, I just want a trailer.

Well, that's what emissary means... And they are two listed under this name in IMDB's casting list... So no it isn't the upgrade.

Damn.
Spoiler

So are we to assume that the emissary preds are sent to recover the pred who allowed himself to be captured?

Or are we going to end up with Teenage Mutant Ninja Yautja where hey've been here all along.

I'm confused now. Do you have a copy of the script?

[close]

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Spoiler
The two emissary preds are sent to earth to negotiate with humans in order to get rid of a group of preds who the upgrade belong too. These upgrades are highly mutated with many different DNA (not only human) and want to "invade" earth by force because the predator planet is dying due to global cooling. That is why part of their DNA splicing is from humans, to better adapt to earth long-term.

The normal preds are against their methods and want to take shelter on earth but not by force, thus ending in conflict with the upgrades. The captured pred is fleeing the upgrade who chases him through space and on earth afterwards, for the same reasons.
[close]

VoilĂ  !

PS : I must add that apparently from the test screening, the whole
Spoiler
DNA splicing aspect has been tuned down so, we'll see how it goes.
[close]

ELDERCLANLEADER

Big daddy john you have a made a ridiculous plot sound badass lol. 😂

How on earth did you just do that ?  🤔

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 02, 2018, 09:15:58 PM
Big daddy john you have a made a ridiculous plot sound badass lol. 😂

How on earth did you just do that ?  🤔

I don't know hahaha, maybe i should be hired to do some rewrites from time to time  :laugh:

ELDERCLANLEADER

big daddy john they should definitely hire you , you have a way with words pal , You just sold me the film ! I also think you just demonstrated that something may sound bad on paper but in practice could actually kick ass ! Thank you bro I now have hope !   ;D

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Global cooling? Nah man. The D-N-A splicing sounds more like the plot of Get Out. :P

Spoiler
Predators in pants? That's gotta be a joke. Right?
[close]

black

black

Nope, this is a harsh reality.

Original Predator

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 02, 2018, 09:35:27 PM
big daddy john they should definitely hire you , you have a way with words pal , You just sold me the film ! I also think you just demonstrated that something may sound bad on paper but in practice could actually kick ass ! Thank you bro I now have hope !   ;D

No offense but he did the opposite of "sell". If that's really the script -ouch.

No offense to anyone just regurgitating what's already written.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Original predator, it was tongue in cheek pal ..

Original Predator

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 03, 2018, 01:32:08 AM
Original predator, it was tongue in cheek pal ..

Lol

Thank god.

Is that really the script tho???!!!??

ELDERCLANLEADER

It is indeed , perhaps you can now understand why I go on all the time .  ;D

Original Predator

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 03, 2018, 02:03:21 AM
It is indeed , perhaps you can now understand why I go on all the time .  ;D

My friend, it's for a cause-that in which I cannot blame.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Haha 😂 I just hope it's not too cringy .. but yeah it's not going to be winning any awards any time soon .

One element of the script I do like however is the predator home world dying , it might mean we get a proper look at their home world . Iv always wished  they would make a film set on the predators planet , and while it's not exactly what I had in mind , seeing their planet on film , in theory should be pretty cool .

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 02, 2018, 09:12:07 PM
Spoiler
The two emissary preds are sent to earth to negotiate with humans in order to get rid of a group of preds who the upgrade belong too. These upgrades are highly mutated with many different DNA (not only human) and want to "invade" earth by force because the predator planet is dying due to global cooling. That is why part of their DNA splicing is from humans, to better adapt to earth long-term.

The normal preds are against their methods and want to take shelter on earth but not by force, thus ending in conflict with the upgrades. The captured pred is fleeing the upgrade who chases him through space and on earth afterwards, for the same reasons.
[close]

VoilĂ  !

PS : I must add that apparently from the test screening, the whole
Spoiler
DNA splicing aspect has been tuned down so, we'll see how it goes.
[close]

Spoiler
Fantastic that the gene-splicing has been toned down. And thanks for clearing that up. Still not sold on the plot but this looks like it could be a hish/yautja thing? Or just another Predators effort. Hope fully not the latter.
[close]

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 03, 2018, 02:18:09 AM
Haha 😂 I just hope it's not too cringy .. but yeah it's not going to be winning any awards any time soon .

One element of the script I do like however is the predator home world dying , it might mean we get a proper look at their home world . Iv always wished  they would make a film set on the predators planet , and while it's not exactly what I had in mind , seeing their planet on film , in theory should be pretty cool .

Literally, thanks to global cooling.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed