Happy Alien Day everyone!!

Started by Acid_Reign161, Apr 26, 2024, 11:04:29 AM

Author
Happy Alien Day everyone!! (Read 1,776 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 01, 2024, 11:03:53 AMMy local chain does $5 tickets on Tuesdays, which strikes me as an insanely great discount this day and age.

Tight arse Tuesday.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Prez on May 01, 2024, 12:12:54 PM
Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Apr 27, 2024, 11:59:08 AMSaw it last night. So enjoyed it. 8)

I don't think there were 12 people in the theatre.

I had read earlier this week on here about the "Company" being the only way the corporation was referred to in ALIEN. But Weylan Yutani is printed on a monitor in the film.

I saw it last night. ;D  It's on the lower part of a monitor when Ripley says "turbulence" in the landing sequence.(I looked this morning it is visible on the Blu ray)

I think this is my 4th time seeing ALIEN on the big screen. One of the things that stands out to me every time is the sound. There is an engine sound that is like a heart beat during certain sequences. I spoke to a couple of people on the way out. It was their first time seeing it on the big screen. Of course they loved it with many praises of the film.

* * * * *  experience.   

The sound design experienced in a big loud cinema is incredible! Like you said the ebb and flow of that hum, the heartbeat like sound ... the dangling of the chains and drips on Brett's hat. Just incredible. I even picked up on sounds I've never really actually heard before in one or two moments.

Sound design is exactly what I was most honed in on during this particular viewing. Almost felt like I was in a trance the whole time, letting the plot just kind of wash over me, with my mind racing off and prioritizing everything to do with the sound, which is absolutely incredible to begin with and made even more so in a theater setting.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Still Collating... on Apr 29, 2024, 11:39:23 PMThe most unbelievable part of that video is when she said "4$ a ticket"... :P  :laugh:

It was a lot of money back then.

Try making Alien today for $11m.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SM on May 01, 2024, 01:29:38 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 01, 2024, 11:03:53 AMMy local chain does $5 tickets on Tuesdays, which strikes me as an insanely great discount this day and age.

Tight arse Tuesday.

An Australian staple right there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed