Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 839,792 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jun 25, 2019, 12:05:39 PM
Rock Star
A fun Rock movie. You can still tell little its when it was meant to have been a straight Judas Priest Bio. But some great songs. And i forgot Myles Kennedy was in it

Steel Panther's Michael Starr has a small part too.
I think it's near the end when Mark Wahlberg arrives at the studio and they just tried out a new singer. That's Michael Starr.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 25, 2019, 02:17:45 PM
Yeah, I know. It's been on my watchlist for ages, I've just never managed to catch it.

I can understand. It's one of those movies you have to be in the right mood for. Like an old Western.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 25, 2019, 01:03:08 PM
What??

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DistantEveryFeline-size_restricted.gif

Coming from someone who's never seen a single Terrence Hill and Bud Spencer movie  ;D

Go on and reply with 2001 part 2. Doesn't matter. It's not as culturally important.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 25, 2019, 07:34:36 PM

Go on and reply with 2001 part 2. Doesn't matter. It's not as culturally important.

You do realize that if the cultural importance of the first film was the yardstick by which we dismiss any future installments, we wouldn't bother with Fury Road, Aliens, Terminator 2, The Last Crusade, Blade Runner 2049 and so on, and so on?

Sometimes a good movie is just a good movie, regardless of what came before it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 25, 2019, 07:34:36 PMI can understand. It's one of those movies you have to be in the right mood for. Like an old Western.

It's not even that. I just literally haven't managed to get my hands on a copy.

OK, so I could buy it on DVD, but I've got so many now I don't tend to blind-buy movies any more :P

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 25, 2019, 08:30:45 PM
You do realize that if the cultural importance of the first film was the yardstick by which we dismiss any future installments, we wouldn't bother with Fury Road, Aliens, Terminator 2, The Last Crusade, Blade Runner 2049 and so on, and so on?

Sometimes a good movie is just a good movie, regardless of what came before it.

I'm trying to imagine curbing my viewing habits to only what's culturally important.

I'd be missing out on some great cinema for sure!

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 25, 2019, 07:34:36 PM
Coming from someone who's never seen a single Terrence Hill and Bud Spencer movie  ;D

I believe what you're looking at is localized unfortunately. Where comedy duos like Laurel & Hardy, Abbott & Costello, Cheech & Chong, Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis, Gene Wilder & Richard Pryor are culturally important here, Terrence Hill & Bud Spencer have no relevance in the United States in regards to comedy teams, other than the few who seek out "foreign cinema".

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

I'm trying to imagine people being able to read things correctly.

You talk about missing out on stuff but you wouldn't watch any of my recommendations unless I watch one of yours.

You act all like "What??" when someone hasn't seen a certain movie. Because I guess you find it important for a movie lover to have seen it.
So I assume you consider yourself a movie lover. And it's why I find you should check out a movie with a certain comedy duo.
Know you'd probably reply with "You haven't seen that movie, so I won't watch any of the other ones."
That movie being 2001 part 2. Which in general isn't as "important" in the whole movie culture compared to the impact of Terence Hill & Bud Spencer movies.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 25, 2019, 10:29:39 PM
I'm trying to imagine people being able to read things correctly.

You talk about missing out on stuff but you wouldn't watch any of my recommendations unless I watch one of yours.

You act all like "What??" when someone hasn't seen a certain movie. Because I guess you find it important for a movie lover to have seen it.
So I assume you consider yourself a movie lover. And it's why I find you should check out a movie with a certain comedy duo.
Know you'd probably reply with "You haven't seen that movie, so I won't watch any of the other ones."
That movie being 2001 part 2. Which in general isn't as "important" in the whole movie culture compared to the impact of Terence Hill & Bud Spencer movies.

Baron brother. I don't even bring 2010 up anymore. It doesn't bother me that you don't want to watch it. Truly it doesn't. But you seem to like bringing 2010 up yourself, as well as Terrence Hill & Bud Spencer movies yourself, and continue a debate on why one of us should watch a recommended film while the other one shouldn't in a dispute I'm not even participating in anymore. It's all cool. Live and let live brother! Watch what you want!

And HuDaFuk offered "I've still not seen There Will be Blood!" to the conversation and as a fan, and a friend,  and his apparent intention to one day see it, all I said is what?? and inserted a Dutch "do it now!" gif. But if he doesn't watch it, I will still like him just as much, as I do you.  :)

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

It's been seven or eight months since Voodoo told me to watch Terminator, and I still haven't seen it yet.

We're getting close. I promise.

And we're still friends.

I will make sure Voodoo's question for Mark Rolston is first when we get to that interview.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Aliens and Alien 3.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jun 26, 2019, 12:13:36 AM
It's been seven or eight months since Voodoo told me to watch Terminator, and I still haven't seen it yet.

And we're still friends.

I will make sure Voodoo's question for Mark Rolston is first when we get to that interview.

Thanks Wabbit! And indeed, good friends!  :)

Huggs

Huggs

And we're still friends.

What question?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Deep Rising

Holy shit, that's Kano! :laugh:

And Dr. Chilton. :laugh:

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 26, 2019, 01:00:57 AM

And we're still friends.

What question?

Whichever one he asks when Hicks posts a "Questions for Mark Rolston" thread in God-knows-how-long.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jun 26, 2019, 01:38:45 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jun 26, 2019, 01:00:57 AM

And we're still friends.

What question?

Whichever one he asks when Hicks posts a "Questions for Mark Rolston" thread in God-knows-how-long.

Ah.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo's Question:  Is there any way you get us all autographs of Jenette Goldstein?

Spoiler
;)
[close]

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 26, 2019, 01:42:19 AM
Voodoo's Question:  Is there any way you get us all autographs of Jenette Goldstein?

Spoiler
;)
[close]

If it passes through the Hicks Filter, absolutely, I'll ask.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed