Estimates on Trailer Release?

Started by ace3g, Nov 28, 2017, 04:30:05 AM

Author
Estimates on Trailer Release? (Read 123,782 times)

Vermillion

Vermillion

Predator clicking to start.

"Turn around" in Mac's voice

Forest flashes. 

With Predator vision wipes

Cityscape flashes

"It's on Safari" in Keyes' voice

Flash of a new trophy case

Campfire setting.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Not pleased with this like most of us, but hey, at this point, waiting a little more...

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Big daddy john my thoughts exactly!

Corporal hicks I apologise , I was just highly p$$$ off, I was talking nonsense my friend ;)  Still really disappointed 😔

Also all this predator peek a boo , hide and seek nonsense is starting to get super boring . I think we can all agree on whoevers decision this was , they simply need to get a grip and drop something substantial . Even a better official poster , anything , it's getting really old.

Original Predator

Black said this on March 30:

"Nope! Just busy. Expect a teaser mid-april... how's this — my brother and I used to actually close our eyes when the theater ran trailers. Wouldn't it be cool to go in knowing nothing? :-)"

There is no doubt some big-wigs pulled another switch-a-roo on this thing.  There is major hesitation with where this script went and what the final product has become.

Don't forget Black mentioned this as a "detective" movie at the very beginning of this all.  There has been some additional "cooks" in the kitchen and it's turning things bad.

I think in time, we'll come to find out the studio clamped down hard on Black and that Black wasn't able to do his thing with this movie. 

Hollywood

Hollywood

I was getting hyped to see something this month so it's very frustrating to hear this news. What could be the reason to hold off until after April?

Do they want Avengers hype/spoilers/discussion to die down a little bit before releasing the trailer to the public? That's the one thing I'm getting bored of with movie sites, I've seen Thanos' mug all over the place for the last 5 months.

Whatever the reason, it would've been better to give us something this month I think.

PreddyFreddy

PreddyFreddy

TEASER TRAILER!!. what day?.

Johnny Handsome

At least we have a specific date now and i don't have to go check through some of that hysterical bullshit.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Original predator I think you might be on the money there , something is very fishy . My only faith in this film is predator himself at this point. None of it adds up , and it's very suspicious. But....

Wishful thinking I know but maybe , just maybe they are doing this on purpose, so just when we give up , and think it will be a shambles , the film drops and blows us , critics and everyone in between away . If this was the case it would be a very clever unique marketing strategy on their behalf, however I'm only dreaming and it's highly unlikely at this point.

goose_3387

goose_3387

This has Fox written all over it. Whether that's a good or bad thing remains to be seen. If Black is still hoping for this to be an event movie then the trailer needs to blow everyone away.

Original Predator

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 06, 2018, 03:36:32 PM
If this was the case it would be a very clever unique marketing strategy on their behalf.

I like your effort to be positive thru all this but it's not the case.

I've been hard on Black but I'll give him the benefit of doubt here that Black had something decently original written and it went thru executive/big- wig- hell.

This had the making of a Solo-"hero" film, in which a "hero" was thrust into something they thought was small scale and the trail of evidence led them to find out a gov't conspiracy.  The rumor is the script started with a "Mercury Rising" sort of feel and has ended up full blown circus.  (I'm hearing Mercury Rising meets Independence Day) 

So instead of the slow burn/reveal/lead up to the conspiracy... the big-wigs wanted "more" Candy/Toy-store style stuff (preds in pants-lol). 

Well that didn't test so well in pre-screen (ironic) and Black was allowed to go back and scale some things down.  Which as I stated in here will change HOW/WHEN they market.  Well it did just that.  They had a marketing plan....the re-shoots happened and the HOW/WHEN changed. 

This thing is now convoluted at best. 

I will say that this is a direct result of the day in age we are in.  Black had an "original" script.  The big wigs took it, dumped it to their R&D and Analytics dept.  They crunched numbers applied their magic potions and said that the best bang for the buck would be to do "ABC" and the script changed.

Keep in mind that those departments exist and impact every movie that get's made.  They look at what is currently being consumed in the genre ala video games, literature (comic book, novels etc).  They are seeing a fan base (Alien/Pred) "consume" these sorts of far-fetched "Toy Store" concepts and are applying it to original scripts. 

Honestly Black would've been better off working it thru Netflix, as much as it's joked about here.

funk_master_chunk

Starting to get concerned with this now, TBH.

FWIW, I do think this is a genuine mistake on Shane Black's behalf; but, come on, we should've had something by now.

Also, when the trailer does drop, if it follows the current formula of "Let's reveal the entirety of the plot in 20 seconds or less" I won't be happy.

Would love it to be someone running through the woods, panting like mad. Terror all over there face. Flashes between them running one way, then the other. Then they shriek. Fade to black and end with the classic Pred clicking noise.

The Predator... coming to a cinema near you... soon..... maybe.... F**k you, Fox!

newagescamartist

The news that they're converting this to 3D helped ease my worries a little bit. Studios don't usually pay for that if they think they have a turd. That's not to say that it can't be a crapfest, but the studio has some faith in the product. I'm cautiously optimistic and excited for the trailer now.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Original predator as much as it pains me to say it , your explanation is the most logical , something clearly has gone wrong , I said this months ago , that the film was in trouble and I was sort of ridiculed for it , but ever since the leaked photos and script and early screenings , there's been nothing but bad news. Something has to be behind it , and the truth is the script was bad and trouble has followed it ever since . Like the foundations are made out of sand , so how can we expect to build a skyscraper? The script is the foundations of a great movie and it needs to be built out of steel , otherwise it will collapse.

D88M

D88M

Lol what is that senseless Insidious recommendation? Also, the twitter photo reminds me A LOT of the woods from AvP Requiem, which is not a good thing obviously

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I think Fox uses that same forest in damn near everything.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed