Whislist for next patch

Started by -Sharky-, Apr 12, 2010, 08:13:32 PM

Author
Whislist for next patch (Read 20,327 times)

Darklarik

Darklarik

BETTER F**ING RANKED SEARCH it takes longer than before since im back to a level 23 although i was a 40 (cp glitch) but i cant earn back my rank due ti gay a$$ ranked search! Improve the connection its worse than before the patch did not do anything positive, and the flamethrower still blows!

Highflys

Highflys

If the range is shortened for the SK and made cancelable, it would have to become an instant action to maintain balance. And with the different lag times of each player, this could get real bad real fast. Besides, each species is suited to guard against it. Marine's MT, Preds Vision, and Alien's See-Through-Everything ability are enough to protect against LEGIT SKs. By legit, I mean like if you're a Marine and you aren't paying attention to your MT , or a Pred/Alien and lost track of your target or failed to scan your surroundings. Here, SK is deserved despite lagged animations. But, I think shortening the range a litte, creating an interuptible* SK, and shortening the "charge-time" of each SK might solve the problem.                                                          *Interuptible = If another player (Not Killer or Victim) kills the Killer before the actual deathblow (Spine ripping, face stabbing, etc.) the SK is successfully stopped with Killer dead and Victim slightly/moderately damaged. Solution?

Deviation

Deviation

I think allowing a player doing a spawn kill to be killed before the animation completes, canceling the spawn kill, would alleviate a lot of issues because a SK would no longer be a guaranteed a kill.  You could be killed while in the middle of the SK animation punishing you for sprinting in spamming E instead of actually trying to use 'stealth'.

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

Tle flame thrower will ignite a predator if you burn him when he has 3/5 bars of health and it will burn to kill him UNLESS he heals ahead of time cause his health drops fast when on fire at 3 bars.

Darklarik

Darklarik

Quote from: -Sharky- on Apr 14, 2010, 09:24:57 AM
Quote from: ManaCraft on Apr 12, 2010, 11:32:44 PM

- The smartgun should have more ammunition upon pick-up and should actually sound like a smartgun

- The flamethrower should deal more damage and expend its ammo supply less quickly

- Predator heavy attacks may be reliably countered

- A fix for bunny hopping

- Spawn protection

- Flamethrower fix, and I really like the idea of getting kills with it even after you die because some poor guy is still on fire.

- Like with the flamethrower, alien acid should be able to kill a marine or predator even if the alien dies and it should not be counted as suicide. Face it people, it's rarely you get killed by acid right? And since this is something the alien player can't decide when to be activated, we wouldn't have "Alien martyrdom kills" all the time either right? And instead of giving the alien all these boosts in melee so it can be equal to the predator, perhaps the acid thing would equalize it? When a predator attacks an alien you can afterall clearly see acid on their wristblades. Let's say you hit the predator once with LA, and then another one but then he kills you, perhaps the acid should take care of the rest, IF the predator has lost more than x health? Just a thought.

I agree with the flamethrower, but about the acid
First the predators blood is said to neutralise the acid, so it makes sense that they receive little to no damage. but for the marine, most of the time he would have to engage the alien in close range, add acid into the mix and that would throw them even more of balance from the ongoing suprise flying jumping 20 foot long heavy attacks - and by the way, i think a heavy attack should be reconfigured so when you do it, you cant sway to the side or pull back the pull back in, it should be like a light attack, you forcibly go foward. also, considering the alien's giant head, the disk is still raking up kill on them. ill end by saying the plasma caster should have a slow lock on like when you are in your standard vision mode, the specific vision mode should be to help you see and identify and individual species not have it instantly lock on and shoot. i swear i got a triple kill on the marines in less than 7 seconds by doing three consecutive shots.

Fleshtrap666

Fleshtrap666

Quote from: Deviation on Apr 15, 2010, 04:37:30 AM
I think allowing a player doing a spawn kill to be killed before the animation completes, canceling the spawn kill, would alleviate a lot of issues because a SK would no longer be a guaranteed a kill.  You could be killed while in the middle of the SK animation punishing you for sprinting in spamming E instead of actually trying to use 'stealth'.

Players can always be killed when performing either stealth kills or trophy kills. You get alot of double kills as the marine if you happen on a predator or an alien trophy killing someone as you can get both kills if your quick enough, stealth kills are instant.

And as an above poster said.....I'm having ALOT more trouble finding matches now...the match making system needs a SERIOUS overhaul. I wouldn't go as far to say nothing good came from the patch....as I've escaped the disc more then a few times after getting hit once. But I also realized how ridiculous it was as an instant kill weapon, seeing as I've still had the disc murder me from hitting me three times in a row from bouncing off walls lol. So I would hardly consider it useless how like alot of Predator players like to say.

If anything I think it's a great anti-wall tailing alien weapon for tight corridors, with out the somewhat cheap instant kill.

avp11

avp11

WOW

please fix the predators melee , seriously, my personal fav is the alien , wen u get into a close fight (which the aliens are forced to do) the predators melee is quite overpowering, the aliens should have an advantage in melee(E.g THE PREDATORS BLOCK AND COUNTER KNOCKS YOU DOWN AS DOES THEIR POUNCE, THE ALIENS HOWEVER DOSENT, INSTEAD THE ENEMY GETS STUNNED FOR LIKE 0.5 SECONDS) , also the sk needs a patch as everyone is complaining about it!

KissenKitten

KissenKitten

A film mechanism would be dandy! Like in Halo. I'd love to be able to kick back, relax and watch the events of a match I just played. That way I can see who I killed, who killed me and all that jazz. Taking in-game pics would be cool too. But right now, the game has pretty much NO camera control at all. With the exception of the respawn cam...which sucks.

Hawkins

Hawkins

what does this ha la la word I keep seeing in posts mean.
@KissenKitten
thats why you always have fraps but it does tend to be a resource hog on mp but you also need to buy the full fraps to video tape the whole match.

xenotool

xenotool

Quote from: KissenKitten on Apr 18, 2010, 01:57:13 AM
A film mechanism would be dandy! Like in Halo. I'd love to be able to kick back, relax and watch the events of a match I just played. That way I can see who I killed, who killed me and all that jazz. Taking in-game pics would be cool too. But right now, the game has pretty much NO camera control at all. With the exception of the respawn cam...which sucks.

Yeah this would be awesome even for the consoles (which I play it on lol). Way more interesting to follow a three species battle than a bunch of guys in red or blue armor shooting each other.

Hawkins

Hawkins

with how graphic intense this game is I would be shocked if they could make that feature possible with out much of a performance loss for console systems or with a pc.I'm gaming on a i5-750 with a MSI R5770 Hawk 1gb and I can't even play on high settings with out studdering.

Deviation

Deviation

Quote from: Fleshtrap666 on Apr 16, 2010, 07:03:20 AM
Quote from: Deviation on Apr 15, 2010, 04:37:30 AM

Players can always be killed when performing either stealth kills or trophy kills. You get alot of double kills as the marine if you happen on a predator or an alien trophy killing someone as you can get both kills if your quick enough, stealth kills are instant.

You didn't get what I was trying to say.  I mean that the player only dies AFTER the SK is complete.  This means the kill is guaranteed as soon as the animation starts.  I'm talking about changing the game so that if you shoot a player in the head while he is in the first half of the SK animation he will drop the target and die.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

I think this can happen.

Playing as a Predator, if your disc returns to you as an enemy is doing an execution kill on you, I think it interrupts the kill. Don't quote me on that.

xenotool

xenotool

Yeah as any species if you're being stealth killed it can be interrupted within like the first second if the attacker takes massive damage.

If the disc is coming back to you generally  it just kills the attacker without stopping the attack.

Quote from: Hawkins on Apr 18, 2010, 05:53:29 AM
with how graphic intense this game is I would be shocked if they could make that feature possible with out much of a performance loss for console systems or with a pc.I'm gaming on a i5-750 with a MSI R5770 Hawk 1gb and I can't even play on high settings with out studdering.

Halo 3 does it for 16 player matches in maps 3x as big as most in avp with vehicles included, as well as singleplayer, and the graphics are imo pretty comparable. I think it can be done (at least on consoles, I agree that on the pc it may create take too much and make the game run a little choppy).

Darklarik

Darklarik

Quote from: xenotool on Apr 18, 2010, 05:50:09 PM
Yeah as any species if you're being stealth killed it can be interrupted within like the first second if the attacker takes massive damage.

If the disc is coming back to you generally  it just kills the attacker without stopping the attack.

Quote from: Hawkins on Apr 18, 2010, 05:53:29 AM

Halo 3 does it for 16 player matches in maps 3x as big as most in avp with vehicles included, as well as singleplayer, and the graphics are imo pretty comparable. I think it can be done (at least on consoles, I agree that on the pc it may create take too much and make the game run a little choppy).
Take in consideration bungie has a very big budget. anyway
STEALTH KILL: i dont think a cancel, but instead a front grab, which causes damage, simply dosent kill when done prematurely. so the person dosent bitch for suffering from lag and that the stealth kill dosent work because the lunge wasent fast enough to keep up with a running player.

RANKED: i think they should make a way for the searching to be similar to that of Player matches. a good selection of Computer created matches that players can join, and the first one to join receives the honor of being host. this way, you would eliminate the issue of searching for hours...

PRED WEOPONS: well, the disk is still a death giver considering how much health it wipes out. it should eliminate 3 block of pred health not 4. and their should be a greater pause between shot, and a hit diatication from light attacks as well as a consistent stream of fire. and the plasma caster should have a longer lock on like when in color spectrum regardless of the vision mode your on which sould just be usefull to highlight enemies, not guaratee their death. People dont realise just how overpowerd the predator is in melle, block counter hes stunned for a few seconds and you cant be grabed - do that to an alien and hes f***ed unless the player has lagg and the alien gets lucky...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed