Recent posts

Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by skhellter - Today at 01:25:57 AM
i can totally buy - given some comments elsewhere that hate the idea of the Derelict being partially organic, and their love for the AVP designs -
that this fanbase doesn't actually care that much for the biomechanical aesthetic or even the very idea of it.

Last post by Thatguy2068 - Today at 01:17:52 AM
Quote from: GrimmVision on Today at 01:15:39 AMI love the idea of these "bomber" ships, the derelict and juggernaut, being grown, but the human DNA aspect is troubling. I don't necessarily love the idea of the Aliens being able to reach a state of sentience to the point where they can build space-fairing ships. It gives them perhaps a bit too much agency where it isn't needed. I've always felt the Aliens manage to reach the darkest places in the galaxy because of other humanoid creatures thinking they know best and then being bested by the beast. (That's a fun sentence).

I'm struggling to understand, then, who or what the hell would be in the Derelict's chair. And why it would've been chest bursted?
Exactly, Has he rewatched the film? Did he watch the film at all?
Last post by GrimmVision - Today at 01:15:39 AM
I love the idea of these "bomber" ships, the derelict and juggernaut, being grown, but the human DNA aspect is troubling. I don't necessarily love the idea of the Aliens being able to reach a state of sentience to the point where they can build space-fairing ships. It gives them perhaps a bit too much agency where it isn't needed. I've always felt the Aliens manage to reach the darkest places in the galaxy because of other humanoid creatures thinking they know best and then being bested by the beast. (That's a fun sentence).

I'm struggling to understand, then, who or what the hell would be in the Derelict's chair. And why it would've been chest bursted?
Last post by Thatguy2068 - Today at 01:07:47 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Today at 01:00:32 AMADI's 4-Limbed Big Chap photographed by Mike was cool 8)
What's up with that, though? Is it like one of the Experiments or something else?
Last post by Immortan Jonesy - Today at 01:00:32 AM
ADI's 4-Limbed Big Chap photographed by Mike was cool 8)
Now that was the bomb lol. Thanks.

So I guess it's safe to assume there are 3 distinct menus for Alien. (DVD-Blu-Ray-4K)

- Alien Legacy or Alien 20th Anniv (1999)
- Alien Quad or Director's Cut DVD (2003)
- Alien Anthology Blu-Ray (2010)

My last 2 questions would be than:

1) Does the Blu-Ray version of Alien Quad have the same menu as Alien disk 1 of the Alien Quad DVD?
2) And do the Alien disks of Alien 6-Film Collection Blu-ray (2017) and Alien 40th Anniversary Edition / 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray (2019) have the same menu as Alien Anthology Alien disk 1?

I suddenly got an Alien menu version fetish what can I say.

Last post by Thatguy2068 - Today at 12:52:59 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Today at 12:50:12 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Today at 12:47:42 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Today at 12:40:03 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Today at 12:33:38 AM3. The Derelict being made by Xenomorph with human DNA to go through space... There is so much wrong with this. Where the hell did they get the human DNA? Did they get it from the engineers since they were like 99% to Humans Or was this actual human DNA? This is gonna be the stupidest decision to be made right next to David being the creator of aliens.

Yeah :o I am curious about the implications behind!Space Jockey may be an oddity ala Deacon born from the Engineers...who are ancient humanity anyway ???
Who Idea was this?

Neill Blomkamp's take on the Derelict / SJ and the human DNA
It just makes no sense, Who was the Space jockey? Why did it get face hugged if it was made by xenomoprh?
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 12:52:20 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Today at 12:46:13 AMRidley must not have been to keen of the idea. I remember hearing in the past that he persuaded Neil not to touch the Engineers because of Covenant.

Doesn't seem that that was the cause of anything, regarding the movie not happening, though. We know that Ridley asked Blomkamp to change one element about the script/treatment/idea that would have bumped into what he was doing with the prequels (not sure what, maybe Mike does?), which I guess could have been related to these details about the Derelict, but no way to know for sure just yet.

The project still seemed to be moving forward even after Ridley implemented his one mandate, though, and it was Fox that eventually snuffed out the project, so if the grown Derelict was still part of what the film was at the time of its cancelation, then I guess it likely wouldn't have been the element that would have conflicted with what Ridley was doing (which is interesting to think about, given that "Destiny" almost certainly would have had David in the chair, though perhaps the "Destiny" treatment/draft dates after Blomkamp's film was totally dead and buried and thus, the two ideas wouldn't have bumped into one another at the time Blomkamp originally put them on paper?).

The Blomkamp timeline is made very clear in Mike's video, but I'm a bit hazy on how the timeline of "Destiny" overlaps/runs parallel to it.
Last post by Thatguy2068 - Today at 12:51:21 AM
I'm not against the idea of xenomorph Making Structures because alien labyrinth proof the idea can work, it's just not like this.
Last post by Immortan Jonesy - Today at 12:50:12 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Today at 12:47:42 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Today at 12:40:03 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Today at 12:33:38 AM3. The Derelict being made by Xenomorph with human DNA to go through space... There is so much wrong with this. Where the hell did they get the human DNA? Did they get it from the engineers since they were like 99% to Humans Or was this actual human DNA? This is gonna be the stupidest decision to be made right next to David being the creator of aliens.

Yeah :o I am curious about the implications behind!Space Jockey may be an oddity ala Deacon born from the Engineers...who are ancient humanity anyway ???
Who Idea was this?

Neill Blomkamp's take on the Derelict / SJ and the human DNA🧬
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed