Why Alien: Romulus pits the Xenomorph against a younger crew

Started by Nightmare Asylum, May 03, 2024, 05:18:28 PM

Author
Why Alien: Romulus pits the Xenomorph against a younger crew (Read 10,126 times)

MistressTeqila

There will be a love line between these two characters :)

Coolertonic7

This scene looks like it could be in a hive, since the background as a similar vibe.

Mike’s Monsters

When more of the film's details come out on specific plot points and stuff, which I expect we'll see a bit of in the next trailer or so, I'll share an exclusive image I have of the Xeno design by Legacy. It's not an image of the practical thing, but an illustrated graphical version of the design. It'll give a good look at the new details on the Xeno.

MistressTeqila

When is the new trailer? ;D

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Coolertonic7 on May 03, 2024, 07:28:41 PMThis scene looks like it could be in a hive, since the background as a similar vibe.

Honestly never even really thought about the possibility of seeing a hive on the Renaissance Station, but now that you say this, I feel incredibly dense for not entertaining the thought until now. If the Station is long since abandoned (or so we are led to believe, who knows if perhaps there might be some survivors straggling about, waiting to be discovered, like Newt was in Aliens), then it makes sense that the Aliens would have had their way with the scientists and corporate types on board and constructed a hive somewhere in the Station.

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

I'm having a hard time understanding why we feel this new Alien needs to look exactly like Big Chap, down to the last molecule. As long as the biomechanic elements are there, it has 6 fingers on each hand, a barbed tail, a pair of plantigrade legs, 4 back tubes, and a single back spine, things like simple color variations and slightly different head shapes shouldn't bug people so much.

It's not an exact clone. It's another animal of the same species. Not all tigers look alike.

BigDaddyJohn

The alien looks really good ! I love what I'm seeing ! The head looks a bit weird but eh.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I don't care if it matches Big Chap, I just don't like the look of the dome design from this image, but like I said I'll wait to get a better look at it.

Spoiler
The big deal about Big Chap is that he's supposed to be in the film and people are excited fo compare it to the original.
[close]

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: 426Buddy on May 03, 2024, 07:46:38 PMI don't care if it matches Big Chap, I just don't like the look of the dome design from this image, but like I said I'll wait to get a better look at it.

Spoiler
The big deal avout Big Chap is that he's supposed to be in the film and people are excited fo compare it to the original.
[close]

This pretty much

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah but
Spoiler
Chap is supposed to look f**ked up in the movie, I'm not sure we will see him in all his glory.
[close]

Mike’s Monsters

Spoiler
Big Chap looks like Big Chap. The new Xeno is its own thing, and I personally don't feel comparing all the details between the two is all that necessary. It's a new design, which is expected with every new movie. I really dug the new look, and am excited for the toys to come out of it. Did not have the same feeling when I watched Covenant.
[close]

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 03, 2024, 07:57:30 PMYeah but
Spoiler
Chap is supposed to look f**ked up in the movie, I'm not sure we will see him in all his glory.
[close]

Even a fu*ked up

Spoiler
Big Chap
[close]

can be either fantastically designed or they fu*k it up.

426Buddy

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 03, 2024, 07:59:35 PM
Spoiler
Big Chap looks like Big Chap. The new Xeno is its own thing, and I personally don't feel comparing all the details between the two is all that necessary. It's a new design, which is expected with every new movie. I really dug the new look, and am excited for the toys to come out of it. Did not have the same feeling when I watched Covenant.
[close]

This makes me feel better, hopefully I will feel the same when we get a good look at it.

Coolertonic7

Quote from: GrimmVision on May 03, 2024, 07:41:10 PMIt's not an exact clone. It's another animal of the same species. Not all tigers look alike.

This actually makes me want to see a movie where every alien that are born in it could have little differences in their designs, so they can all be identified as different individuals in the movie.

This would probably only be possible to do if there was only a couple of them,  but it could be interesting.

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Even though i don't like all designs/iterations of the Xenomorph throughout the years (looking at you Ressurection and AvP), i do like the fact that there is always a new design.

The perfect organism will transform/adapt itself into whatever the story needs it to be, but i do love what i see in Romulus.

It brought back the biomechanical aspects of the original, while at the same time being new and different.

I will say that as new info about the movie keeps coming, i find myself getting even more excited.

I only wish the marketing doesn't spoil anything, since i have zero self control and will inevitebly spoil myself through whatever Clips, teasers and TV Spots they release.

edit: To be fair, now that i think about it, the only irks i have is that i feel like this movie will have some "remember this" moments such as the eleveator scene or Cailee Spaeny holding the gun with a guy behind her.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed