Currently Playing (Read 964,773 times)

Razz

Razz

Quote from: Corporate Merc on May 13, 2010, 02:32:45 PM
Quote from: Razz on May 13, 2010, 12:49:32 PM
Doom III
Halo Reach Beta

Doom 3 is one creepy game man
In terms of atmosphere its creepy but its not scary, too many closet scares that get way too samey after the first 10 minutes of playing.

i never played Doom 3 but the first 2 were never about closet scares, they were about the enemies being mercilless, hard to kill, and ugly. it was never about walking along and being made to jump it was about KNOWING there is the cyberdeomon or a hoard of imps or whatever in the next room and honestly not knowing whether you'd survive against it seeing as there was always little to no cover and it didn't take much to be killed.

Puks

Puks

D3 was terrifying when I played for the first time, especially with the proper setup - alone in the dark with headphones.

Unfortunately, it loses all of its scare factor on second and more playthroughs, once you remember all the scripted events.

Great game, nonetheless.

Corporate Merc

Corporate Merc

Quote from: Razz on May 14, 2010, 09:44:46 AM
Quote from: Corporate Merc on May 13, 2010, 02:32:45 PM
Quote from: Razz on May 13, 2010, 12:49:32 PM
Doom III
Halo Reach Beta

Doom 3 is one creepy game man
In terms of atmosphere its creepy but its not scary, too many closet scares that get way too samey after the first 10 minutes of playing.

True, the more you play it the more predictable it is but the first time I played it it was the coolest thing Ive ever played. The hell level especially was really awsome ive never seen anything like it, Doom 3's the whole reason I bought an original xbox back in the day cause there's no way my pc was gonna run it. I hope ID has plans on making another one but I doubt it, sucks you cant play co-op anymore either.

Razz

Razz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_4

Said to be shown at Quakecon this year but don't expect it to be released until way after Rage (2011). :(

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I predict a 2014 release.

Ugh.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm very curious to see what they do with the story. If it's not a reboot or a sequel or even a prequel, then what? The same game, only played through a different viewpoint?

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Is your name based of the doom games ? and yer story is major I hope they don't bother doing mp maybe coop but no mp please :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yes it is ;)

As for no MP...are you serious? DOOM practically invented MP and any game without it won't succeed in the long run.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Well as long as it doesn't give sp a back seet to make the multi good

Razz

Razz

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 14, 2010, 04:02:54 PM
I'm very curious to see what they do with the story. If it's not a reboot or a sequel or even a prequel, then what? The same game, only played through a different viewpoint?
Wait the Doom series had a story? I thought it was just an excuse to shoot demons in the face and thats that. 8)

I'm playing currently:

Alan Wake
Halo Reach (waiting to see what Generator defence is like)

Puks

Puks

My money's on a Doom II: Hell on Earth remake.  After all, Doom 3 was essentially a remake of the first.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Razz on May 14, 2010, 04:12:16 PM
Wait the Doom series had a story? I thought it was just an excuse to shoot demons in the face and thats that. 8)

I'm playing currently:

Alan Wake
Halo Reach (waiting to see what Generator defence is like)

How is AW?

Corporate Merc

Corporate Merc

Alan wake is already out?? I thought it dosent come out until the 18th?

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

The u.k version is released first today it think

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed