Who thinks too much is being shown here?

Started by 9th_Stew, May 23, 2012, 07:56:06 AM

Author
Who thinks too much is being shown here? (Read 3,475 times)

Aceburster

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 23, 2012, 01:50:47 PM
Only the people who freeze-frame it for meticulous analysis are going to have realised even a fraction of the things spoken about in great detail here. :) Most casual viewers I've spoken to aren't even aware of it being linked to 'Alien', regardless of the derelict ship design being there.

It may just be optimism on my part, but I feel that with the scrutiny of AVP AVP:R and Predators that Fox and Ridley realize that every frame in a trailer can potentially ruin/spoil a movie like this. Furthermore I feel like certain snippets have been deliberately inserted into the movie/trailer as red herrings...

Spoiler
The hammerpede/facemelt I truly feel is a red herring within itself. A simple nod to Alien and a chance to throw everyone off in the theater when they realize that creature has nothing to do with the "Starbeast" lifecycle.
[close]

Either way, I feel like we are all going to be in for some long overdue surprises even with the content shared in the trailers.  ;D

ryanjayhawk

I think a massive amount of misdirection has gone on, and I think this movie has saved it's best parts for the theatre.

I'm not worried about spoilers until the movie has premiered in Europe, at which point I won't be getting back on the forum until I have seen the movie here in the states.

eyeballkid

I'm done until the movie comes out, I've been spoiler free for 4 days! I feel like I'm back in AA. lol!

First Blood

They have shown waaaaay too much. Hell, it's possible to piece the entire movie together without actually seeing it.

StrangeShape

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 23, 2012, 08:07:26 AM
I think its a matter of what they show, and not how much.

Agreed. I still think like I havent seen anything beyond basic premise and images that are usually find in the trailers. The most burning questions and all the details are still under a huge question mark

Gash

Quote from: First Blood on May 25, 2012, 02:09:26 AM
They have shown waaaaay too much. Hell, it's possible to piece the entire movie together without actually seeing it.

It really isn't, not from the official trailers. If you've seen other stuff that was leaked - maybe, I wouldn't know, but so far I'm not at all sure where this story is going. Pretty sure the collision is nowhere near the end of the movie though.

OpenMaw

Please, First Blood. Let's hear it. :) Don't forget spoiler tags.

RoyaleDuke

Quote from: Gash on May 25, 2012, 03:39:51 AM

It really isn't, not from the official trailers. If you've seen other stuff that was leaked - maybe, I wouldn't know, but so far I'm not at all sure where this story is going. Pretty sure the collision is nowhere near the end of the movie though.

Yeah, and I've even seen most of the spoiler-y stuff and I still just vaguely have an idea of what happens but it's basically just a bunch of scenes with conjecture based context applied to them, without that conjecture and even with it pretty much everything seems out of context most of the time. Again, the term vague comes to mind.  ;)

Everything is out of sync, and I really don't know what the story will have besides Humans find star map, leads them to a planetoid, they touch down and bad stuff starts happening shortly thereafter, and 0ohh! Space Jockey! Derelict/Juggernaut! Ridley Scott! Faux Shoggoth!

So really, it's a mystery for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed