Box Office Takings for The Predator

Started by Tetsujin, Jul 20, 2018, 05:00:59 PM

Author
Box Office Takings for The Predator (Read 85,649 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Did you miss my post last time? It won't make anything worthwhile in China:

45 Seconds.

Ahsoka

Ahsoka

At least we'll still have the novels/comics (and maybe an Isolation sequel?). Hope they make a tv show set in the same films canon.

Shimmering Canopy

''i'd be nervous about that terminator reboot...''
pffff shows how much this movie critic knows...
Sequels don't just not work because they are sequels. If they don't work is simply because they are not any good. As long as you make a decent movie, you needn't worry.  Future case in point: James cameron's getting back his franchise after leasing it out for a few years (i.e the reason all they've done is churn shit after shit during this time). But just wait and see, watch and learn as he revives terminator and makes it exciting again.
maybe then someone will take a hint as to how to do sequels properly.
sighs....

The Old One

The Old One

What movie critic?

Dino21AvP

Dino21AvP

Estimated $8.7 million in the second weekend. Not as steep of a drop as Predators but not great considering the bigger budget.
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

Worldwide total is up to ~$95 million
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=thepredator.htm

Tubecity

Tubecity

The comparison with Predators is interesting- especially since it looks like a freakin masterpiece now. I always liked it, it was OK, you know, some annoying flaws that would have been easy to fix/avoid, but more or less faithful to the basics of the character, with some good new ideas (parachute insertion; Preds' camp; game preserve concept; picking and choosing dangerous people to kidnap; etc.).

But wow, after seeing the new one, Mr. Antal might as well have been a second McTiernan. Seriously, go and watch Predators again. It will make you feel better just to know that a passable sequel is possible. Or was, once.

And don't Tracker's dogs look a bit better now too?

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

So it will make just enough money to make a profit and a sequel in 8 to 10 years....great.

I hope it makes enough money to justify a director's cut.

Nathsp

Nathsp

I rewatched predators, and damn, it looked much better now that what i remembered... I prefer it 100 times over the turdator

That guy.

That guy.

Just bring Arnold back already! He clearly wants to do another one but they keep wanting to him to do glorified cameos and that's not what he wants. Him coming back will definitely draw more excitement. Someone said in an article that movie could be shit but his presence alone will help bring in big numbers.

Xiggz456

Yup most likely 5-15 years before we see a another entry as is par for the course for this franchise (alien too for that matter). But ultimately that's exactly what I expected regardless of the financial or critical outcome of the film. I'll enjoy the film for what it is: a big budget predator film (which will never happen again)

The Old One

The Old One

Alien is getting 6 films and one documentary next year alone.

Nathsp

Nathsp

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 23, 2018, 07:35:02 PM
As hudson said, elevator to hell, going down

The Old One

The Old One

No.

That's just infantile negativity

Nathsp

Nathsp

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 23, 2018, 07:56:56 PM
No.

That's just infantile negativity
No, its facts, prometheus,  mess,  covenant, a disaster..  2+2 =4

Xiggz456

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 23, 2018, 07:35:02 PM

And I'm excited for each and every one, but I'm referring to full length feature films.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed