Box Office Takings for The Predator

Started by Tetsujin, Jul 20, 2018, 05:00:59 PM

Author
Box Office Takings for The Predator (Read 85,605 times)

Tetsujin

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 18, 2018, 05:53:29 PM
Ahhh, yeah, no link no convince.

WIki

Budget - delete  :D

Dannyboy

Weird 🤔

whiterabbit

Although I speculate that the budget has to be somewhere between 65-90 million... we did just have a giant shark picture with a budget north of 130M. So 125M is plausible, especially from the trailer footage. The Picture looks top tier. It does have nostalgia working in it's favor as well. Also with what looks like a mundane fall season I think this will fill the seats.

I'm actually excited to see it. :)

Danversity

Saw the $125 million budget on wikipedia earlier too. Weird that it was removed. Maybe it was fake after all? Or maybe someone's confirming that info.

BigDaddyJohn

Well the bets are on...

I say 90-95 millions !

A five million margin is reasonable  ;D

Huggs

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's going to be the same as Covenant, dollar for dollar.

But it might earn just a tiny bit more. It's an action movie, it's been a long time since the last film, and now the possibility of the franchise getting shelved by Disney may cause people to turn out in greater numbers to see this "final" film on the big screen.

Corporal Hicks

Danversity

I honestly don't see where such low projections are coming from. I'm pretty sure the movie will blow the forecasts away.

Johnny Handsome

I wouldnt give too much weight to their projections, The Meg had a higher opening weekend than their complete domestic forecast for that movie.

I think The Predator will probably land around 80 - 90m domestic, followed by a 150 - 180m foreign, depending on a China release. The movie has good buzz going, people seem excited, they have a good release date, not much competition, i think this movie can do really good.

Vermillion

65-70$ million is pretty spot on.

Add one boobie and it gets an extra 5mill.

Denton Smalls

Quote from: Vermillion on Aug 21, 2018, 11:51:19 AM
65-70$ million is pretty spot on.

Add one boobie and it gets an extra 5mill.

3 of that 5mill will come from me.

Danversity

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Aug 21, 2018, 09:15:01 AM
I wouldnt give too much weight to their projections, The Meg had a higher opening weekend than their complete domestic forecast for that movie.

I think The Predator will probably land around 80 - 90m domestic, followed by a 150 - 180m foreign, depending on a China release. The movie has good buzz going, people seem excited, they have a good release date, not much competition, i think this movie can do really good.

The Meg is exactly what I was thinking about. It opened with the double of what hey predicted.

Tetsujin

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/predator-box-office-shane-black-reboot-opening-tracking-1202915431/

QuoteFox's "The Predator" should dominate the domestic box office with $25 million to $30 million in its opening weekend on Sept. 14-16, early tracking showed on Thursday.

MudButt

We're getting closer here and that means tracking will get to around the amount the movie will actually make. I think this movie has a shot to get closer to 40-45 opening weekend but that will depend on the reviews.

Really hope it does well though. 30 million isn't the end of the world as long as it has legs over the next couple of weeks. I don't think anything huge comes out until Venom in early October so this movie has a chance to make some decent money domestically. I hope it does well overseas. Predator movies don't crush worldwide but this one could be different.

Corporal Hicks

There's so many early showings. If it gets good word of mouth, it might make a stronger opening.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed