19 (54.3%)
hell no
16 (45.7%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author
predator 3 screwup (Read 27,187 times)

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

"As a fan, it bothers me that Robert Rodriguez is actually going to ignore AvP and AvP-R"

I actually think that's a very, very good thing.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jul 06, 2009, 02:04:13 AM

It was a good video and you brought up a lot of good points, but don't even think the filmmakers are going to go by the novels ideas. I'm not sure they even follow such things. I could be wrong but I seriously doubt it.

Also, the way you described how a female predator shouldn't be done is exactly how Hollywood would make it. They don't have a clue dude.

For some reason people tell me I bring up alot of good points, though I don't know why...

And I don't expect for the filmmakers to listen to one fan, nor do I expect them to follow the novel or comic ideas which I have happened to brought up in the video.

But yeah, I actually think a female should be a robust warrioress monsterous thing.

The purpose of the video is to get fans with camera to voice their opinions on Youtube and perhaps get multiple voices heard. I've posted this video as a response to numerous users thoughts on the new film and even FEARNet. Most of them were declined to be added as responses, save for one user.

-Rakai'Thwei

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jul 06, 2009, 02:07:26 AM
"As a fan, it bothers me that Robert Rodriguez is actually going to ignore AvP and AvP-R"

And I disagree.. Oh how wonderful it is to live in a Democracy.

-Rakai'Thwei

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 06, 2009, 02:08:10 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Jul 06, 2009, 02:04:13 AM

It was a good video and you brought up a lot of good points, but don't even think the filmmakers are going to go by the novels ideas. I'm not sure they even follow such things. I could be wrong but I seriously doubt it.

Also, the way you described how a female predator shouldn't be done is exactly how Hollywood would make it. They don't have a clue dude.

For some reason people tell me I bring up a lot of good points, though I don't know why...

And I don't expect for the filmmakers to listen to one fan, nor do I expect them to follow the novel or comic ideas which I have happened to brought up in the video.

But yeah, I actually think a female should be a robust warrioress monsterous thing.

The purpose of the video is to get fans with camera to voice their opinions on Youtube and perhaps get multiple voices heard. I've posted this video as a response to numerous users thoughts on the new film and even FEARNet. Most of them were declined to be added as responses, save for one user.

-Rakai'Thwei

Yes, I agree. They should be just as brutal or more so than the male warriors. I love strong female characters in general so I'd welcome a ruff and tough female predator.

I see that you enjoy AvP and AvP: R. Which is fine, and to each his own, but you do know those movies should've been better than that?

The first movie was supposed to be a one shot deal between the two creatures. AvP has a decent story but its the execution that it fails at. Both films have great visuals but that's it. Compared to the "classics" as you stated in your video these films don't even rank up against them. Its like comparing gold to shit. And I used to like Requiem as a fun monster movie, but come on these films are more than that.

And the second movie has no real reason to exist but to milk the idea for some more money, which it did. Both films combined have grossed over $300 million worldwide. So Fox got their money out of the product and they still will. The third AvP game from Rebellion looks to be a best seller.  

I just wish they would've taken the idea a bit more seriously and treated as a quality product.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jul 06, 2009, 02:15:10 AM
Yes, I agree. They should be just as brutal or more so than the male warriors. I love strong female characters in general so I'd welcome a ruff and tough female predator.

As long as it's done right mind you.

-Rakai'Thwei

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 06, 2009, 02:08:40 AM

-Rakai'Thwei
I just don't get it, you're making this thread and making a rant video on youtube and telling us what you think is good or bad, fine, that's cool, but in my book, you lost credibility when you said that you don't want AvP to be ignored. What did that shitty ass movie gave us other then destroying a wonderful design while f**king up it's behaviour?

You're right, we live in a democracy and that's a good thing, but i have to disagree with you on that one. And that's coming from a big Predator fan also.

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

If you ask me ignoring avp to ignore part of the franchise would be to give in and let fox do whatever they want with the predator even if that means making it a sex changing,slave keeping mockery we need to voice or opinion and stop fox from f**king with us.

Yautja117

Yautja117

Females would be welcome. Narnin has done some amazing sculpts with them. But I'd prefer if it didn't just state: We're under attack by a huge female thing! Just add differences to the build and prehaps colors as well. Maybe tattoos and percings. But above all, I want to see Predators with scars. Missing eyes, mandibles, fingers. These are brutal creatures, they would be covred in them.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 06, 2009, 01:50:20 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Jul 06, 2009, 01:49:40 AM

Where's the link to this video? I'd like to see it.

I'm not going to freely post it on the forums here because I maybe mocked for my personal views.. However, I will note it to you in PMs.

-Rakai'Thwei

Man, screw other's opinions. Screw my opinion. Anybody's.

Plus, don't mention it if you're not going to post it.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: predatorfandrc90 on Jul 06, 2009, 02:21:58 AM
If you ask me ignoring avp to ignore part of the franchise would be to give in and let fox do whatever they want with the predator even if that means making it a sex changing,slave keeping mockery we need to voice or opinion and stop fox from f**king with us.
No, they cant do what they want because there is still Predator and Predator 2, and that should be the only thing that should be held as a standart, not the AvP's.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jul 06, 2009, 02:18:38 AM
I just don't get it, you're making this thread and making a rant video on youtube and telling us what you think is good or bad, fine, that's cool, but in my book, you lost credibility when you said that you don't want AvP to be ignored. What did that shitty ass movie gave us other then destroying a wonderful design while f**king up it's behaviour?

You're right, we live in a democracy and that's a good thing, but i have to disagree with you on that one. And that's coming from a big Predator fan also.

Losing credibility? To who? You? Because if thats the case, I could quite frankly care less about your opinion on me in terms of being a fan.

We all have likes and dislikes, we all have opinions and different views on many things... We can agree to disagree without this turning into a flame war, which is something I most certainly don't want.

-Rakai'Thwei

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jul 06, 2009, 02:22:19 AM
Man, screw other's opinions. Screw my opinion. Anybody's.

Plus, don't mention it if you're not going to post it.

Already posted the link.

-Rakai'Thwei

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

I know you did. I'm talking about in general.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 06, 2009, 02:08:40 AM

-Rakai'Thwei

You know damn well 99% of fans are happy about it, so you're in the minority.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Losing credibility? To who? You?
Zing!

QuoteBecause if thats the case, I could quite frankly care less about your opinion on me in terms of being a fan.
That's cool, because i don't care if you care or not, just like you, i can express my opinion on things.

QuoteWe can agree to disagree without this turning into a flame war
Who's talking about a flame war? This board is here for expressing and exchanging opinions with other fans, and that's exactly what we do now.

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

Were predator fan's we have a right to speak up about or character wether their killing alien's or hunting human's the movie's the book's have brought us together,we may have diffrent view's but were all the same were fan's dammit and we have opinions.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jul 06, 2009, 02:26:39 AM

Since when did you speak for everybody? Because what you just said was downright arrogant of you.

I acknowledge that those who don't like Rodriguez's idea are a minority, but are you so dense enough to ignore other's opinions which differs from yours and only acknowledge those who are like minded?

Seems that way to me.

-Rakai'Thwei

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jul 06, 2009, 02:28:26 AM
Losing credibility? To who? You?
Zing!

QuoteBecause if thats the case, I could quite frankly care less about your opinion on me in terms of being a fan.
That's cool, because i don't care if you care or not, just like you, i can express my opinion on things.

QuoteWe can agree to disagree without this turning into a flame war
Who's talking about a flame war? This board is here for expressing and exchanging opinions with other fans, and that's exactly what we do now.

Zing? Okay.

And I can agree... We agree to disagree.

I personally feel that those who are not like minded and those who have differ opinions are often black listed, black sheeped, and singled out. I get a small feeling of frustration from it and to be honest, it's kind of irritating. But we don't have to get into something petty. Thats why I think we can discuss this civilly.

-Rakai'Thwei

Quote from: predatorfandrc90 on Jul 06, 2009, 02:28:51 AM
Were predator fan's we have a right to speak up about or character wether their killing alien's or hunting human's the movie's the book's have brought us together,we may have diffrent view's but were all the same were fan's dammit and we have opinions.

Amen to that.

-Rakai'Thwei

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 06, 2009, 02:29:16 AM
Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jul 06, 2009, 02:26:39 AM

Since when did you speak for everybody? Because what you just said was downright arrogant of you.

I acknowledge that those who don't like Rodriguez's idea are a minority, but are you so dense enough to ignore other's opinions which differs from yours and only acknowledge those who are like minded?

Seems that way to me.

-Rakai'Thwei
and wether i be in the minority or not i agree with RakaiThwei or favorite monster should'nt be screwed up with a reboot.It's next film should'nt mess up the culture it's built up over so many years it's just wrong.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed