10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 152,181 times)

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 13, 2022, 11:09:26 PMI get it from the very next scene, where the leader's displayed to be a complete violent belligerent oaf of a man and they set it up in a way to capture the Predator which they partially succeed in with the net, but ultimately underestimate it.

Meaning either Raphael Adolini underestimated it by leaving the best Prey as bait to make it investigate them, or the leader did, we never get clarification.

So these bad scenes get blamed on the characters and not the people who wrote the characters?

Sorry but even dumb characters need to be shown to be dumb instead of having the viewer make up a reason they are dumb. 

QuoteIt's clear they have encountered Feral before in some capacity otherwise how would they even know of the thing's existence?

There's another prequel,  of course.  The amount of info they have means they either had to be fighting the pred for several days or following him for several days.  This movie happens over a few days and we see neither. 

QuoteFeral did not consistently attack the Fur Trappers for I thought anyway fairly self explanatory reasons, the same reason he did not attack Naru and Taabe's party immediately, but instead left a man for dead who they rescue near the lion's den early in the film, and also the same reason it skinned the snake alive, to play with his food because it is a Predator.

The search party did not get into a fight with the pred while your idea is that the French got into the fight with the pred. Do you see the difference? you are saying that the pred fought them, took hits, and went on to ignore them for days?  Why?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The fur trappers are played for laughs against the Predator, once with the reloading, once with the ricochet, and once with the guy holding the knife pinned against the tree.

Because I know what's happening by Feral's behaviour just put of sight between him and the fur trappers anyway.

I don't need to actually see Predator 1987 again with the fur trappers whilst following Naru's narrative.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

I think the pacing and the dialogue was fine, even if the amateur acting would show itself at times, this was the first time Tabee's actor ever acted, and with that in mind, I think he did a pretty good job.

I'm perfectly fine with the French Hunters knowing about Feral, it would make sense that at some point one of them saw it or was killed by it, we don't see everything the Pred is doing, frankly, this is one of the weakest criticisms I've seen

Local Trouble

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Also, I really, really hope we get some sort of DVD release with some deleted scenes and BTS commentary about everything that didn't make the cut, I feel like Raphael, the Tribe Chief, Naru's mother, Tabee's friends and that little girl all had scenes cut from the movie

SiL

SiL

The simplest answer is they saw the remains of the Comanche and realised it clearly wasn't human or animal.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 12, 2022, 09:31:58 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 12, 2022, 05:52:44 AMYeah, I definitely found a new ringtone 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0ggIWkQLD4

Are ringtones still a thing?

Anyway, I came here to say that there's now three good Predator movies,

Oh, actually I agree. Prey is my second favorite movie after Predator.  People say that they don't get the good reception. But honestly, and while they have a right to dislike the movie, maybe they don't really understand what makes a movie good in the first place, and I think sometimes we're dealing with artistic merits that are beyond lore.

I liked Naru's arc, Feral's design, the execution of the action sequences and especially the music 😍 it's just too perfect and unique, for a Predator movie.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 12, 2022, 09:31:58 AM(the Predator franchise can keep the AvPs, we don't want them)

That's "The Predator" trilogy. ;D

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 14, 2022, 03:39:06 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 12, 2022, 09:31:58 AM(the Predator franchise can keep the AvPs, we don't want them)

That's "The Predator" trilogy. ;D

LOL

Yautja888

Yautja888

I'm a romantic so this movie is not for me.I need the grainy picture, the pratical effects galore, the Winston faced preds and the skinned bodies hanging and Silvestri.Everything felt forced, from the too evil french guys to the medikit scene.They've based the whole story on politics, hence why there are all these plot holes and plot armor.The good thing is that a lot of people like it, so the fact that the predator needs to be a sunday hunter again should be noticed by the studio.Who knows, maybe we'll get Greyback back the next time.A lot of people hated the face design also, this could be noticed too, and help our cause.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Aug 14, 2022, 01:14:05 AMThe simplest answer is they saw the remains of the Comanche and realised it clearly wasn't human or animal.

I really got the impression the movie wanted me to assume they'd run into it earlier that day/the day before. Which is entirely reasonable.

SiL

SiL

The way the film shows the Predator's progression from snake to wolf to bear to human doesn't really leave a lot of room for it to have had a random encounter in between.

Like sure, it could've. But the film does a real bad job of giving that impression with so many people pointing it out.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Aug 14, 2022, 09:12:29 PMThe way the film shows the Predator's progression from snake to wolf to bear to human doesn't really leave a lot of room for it to have had a random encounter in between.

Like sure, it could've. But the film does a real bad job of giving that impression with so many people pointing it out.

It was butchering a trapper when Naru was in the tree, easy.

SiL

SiL

They found the corpses of the other Comanche. Maybe even saw them being attacked. Just as easy.

Master

Master

But we do see some commotion including Predator when Naru's on the tree.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Aug 14, 2022, 10:05:01 PMThey found the corpses of the other Comanche. Maybe even saw them being attacked. Just as easy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed