Noah Hawley Explains Why ‘Prometheus’ Isn’t “Useful” for His ‘Alien’ Prequel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 13, 2024, 12:24:45 PM

Author
Noah Hawley Explains Why ‘Prometheus’ Isn’t “Useful” for His ‘Alien’ Prequel (Read 37,692 times)

BigDaddyJohn

And for that, I must thank Fox from the bottom of my heart  ;D

Nightmare Asylum

If we never get to see Ridley's wild ride seen through to its end properly on screen, then I would love nothing more than to have that "Destiny" script/treatment leak.

Immortan Jonesy

I'd like something graphic based on the unmade prequel.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 14, 2024, 09:45:06 PMI'd like something graphic based on the unmade prequel.

https://i.ibb.co/F7CTb89/3002528.jpg

If they can get a good artist on it, I'd settle for something like that.

razeak

Thank you Fox for slamming the door shut, at least temporarily, on desecrating the first film.  It was abused enough.

BigDaddyJohn

I hope it won't be the case with this show. I am genuinely curious about it.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: razeak on Feb 15, 2024, 02:16:59 PMThank you Fox for slamming the door shut, at least temporarily, on desecrating the first film.  It was abused enough.

People will be saying the same about Blomkamp project whenever we can get that info out there.

razeak

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 15, 2024, 06:13:14 PM
Quote from: razeak on Feb 15, 2024, 02:16:59 PMThank you Fox for slamming the door shut, at least temporarily, on desecrating the first film.  It was abused enough.

People will be saying the same about Blomkamp project whenever we can get that info out there.
The alien suit thing Ripley had on set off my alarm bells. I would love to know what else was going on with the direction of that project. I'm not totally against a retcon, or totally for one, but after distancing myself from it for a few years, the concept art was a mixed bag.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 15, 2024, 06:13:14 PM

I'm already saying that, so I can't wait to hear those details.

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 14, 2024, 06:13:43 PMRidley was definitely heading towards David being in the Jockey suit we see in ALIEN. There were drafts of his 3rd film put together, and my understanding from the folks in the know is he was planning on tying the derelict from ALIEN to David. Like it or not, they were trying to connect it all.
I've been arguing for years that there's no way Ridley could do something so stupid...

Maybe we really did dodge a bullet, but I still want closure of some kind on David and the Covenant crew.

SM

They said they were always going to tie the Prometheus arc to Alien at some point.

SiL

Quote from: SM on Feb 16, 2024, 05:41:36 AMThey said they were always going to tie the Prometheus arc to Alien at some point.
Scott also said he wanted to move away from it.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah for it to be parallel with Alien, I think said during Furious Gods or the commentary track.

SM

Quote from: SiL on Feb 16, 2024, 05:52:25 AM
Quote from: SM on Feb 16, 2024, 05:41:36 AMThey said they were always going to tie the Prometheus arc to Alien at some point.
Scott also said he wanted to move away from it.

Initially, but as far as I know it would always end up linking to Alien in the end (by about film four I think he said at one point).

Prez

Just watched the first episode of Fargo's season 5. Hawley's writing and direction was a nice personal reminder of why I think the Alien series is in very good hands.

skhellter

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Feb 16, 2024, 07:46:01 AMYeah for it to be parallel with Alien, I think said during Furious Gods or the commentary track.

That was the thing that Lindelof wanted to do with the prequels and it's why he changed the planet in Prometheus. To have it just be its own story, parallel to Ripley's, never tying directly to Alien or LV426.

Ridley changed his mind.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed