The End of Alien and Predator Movies?

Started by chrisr232007, May 29, 2012, 05:14:29 PM

Author
The End of Alien and Predator Movies? (Read 11,925 times)

Negatronix

I think that there is a tremendous opportunity for RS to undo the bastardization that JC did to the Alien species in Aliens, which pretty much guaranteed crap Alien movies for ever after.. The perfect organism was turned into a giant cricket and lives in a bug hive.. Jesus. That was never even close to what was set up in Alien with the SJ and the derelict. I HOPE THIS FILM ENDS ALIEN AS WE KNOW IT, and if that happens we may see something similar to the transformation that Batman went through in the Dark Night..  As far as Predator goes, they should drop the tribal junk and the klingon side they kind of seem to have evolved. Make this stuff other worldly again. If that happens maybe we might see a war movie where the Predaters and Space Jockies engineer weapons to fight each other or a master xeno threat. I just generally feel like there could be better films if the core aliens were re-applied more true to their original design.

Mastes1

Mastes1

Quote from: Negatronix on May 29, 2012, 06:25:04 PM
I think that there is a tremendous opportunity for RS to undo the bastardization that JC did to the Alien species in Aliens, which pretty much guaranteed crap Alien movies for ever after.. The perfect organism was turned into a giant cricket and lives in a bug hive.. Jesus. That was never even close to what was set up in Alien with the SJ and the derelict. I HOPE THIS FILM ENDS ALIEN AS WE KNOW IT, and if that happens we may see something similar to the transformation that Batman went through in the Dark Night..  As far as Predator goes, they should drop the tribal junk and the klingon side they kind of seem to have evolved. Make this stuff other worldly again. If that happens maybe we might see a war movie where the Predaters and Space Jockies engineer weapons to fight each other or a master xeno threat. I just generally feel like there could be better films if the core aliens were re-applied more true to their original design.
You do realise that the xeno had a nest in ALIEN don't you?, how is that different to what Cameron had?, do you expect them to go live in an apartment at night or something?.

EDIT. And nothing was set up in ALIEN except that the eggs were kept in the hold of the Jockey ship, nothing was set up to explain how the Xeno lived or acted etc.

chrisr232007

Quote from: Mastes1 on May 29, 2012, 06:28:49 PM
You do realise that the xeno had a nest in ALIEN don't you?, how is that different to what Cameron had?, do you expect them to go live in an apartment at night or something?.

Sorry but Cameron did a great job (and was very true to Alien) and without his movie I dont think Alien as a whole would had survied.

Predaker

Batman vs. Aliens? Lolwut ;)

Mastes1

Quote from: chrisr232007 on May 29, 2012, 06:31:51 PM
Quote from: Mastes1 on May 29, 2012, 06:28:49 PM

Sorry but Cameron did a great job (and was very true to Alien) and without his movie I dont think Alien as a whole would had survied.
Oh i agree, Cameron made a fantastic sequel, one of the best ever which is in many peoples top 5 favorite films lists if you look on movie forums, i doub't we would be where we are now without the popularity and success of ALIENS.

Valaquen

I think that there is a tremendous opportunity for RS to undo the bastardization that JC did to the Alien species in Aliens, which pretty much guaranteed crap Alien movies for ever after.. The perfect organism was turned into a giant cricket and lives in a bug hive.. Jesus. That was never even close to what was set up in Alien with the SJ and the derelict.
Well, you've clearly done your research into the first film... Giger even called the egg silo in Alien a "termite nest," whilst Scott called the Alien a "biomechanoid insect". Pretty much everyone involved in Alien loved or appreciated the sequel, so no, nothing's getting 'undone'.

Mastes1

Quote from: Valaquen on May 29, 2012, 06:42:44 PM
I think that there is a tremendous opportunity for RS to undo the bastardization that JC did to the Alien species in Aliens, which pretty much guaranteed crap Alien movies for ever after.. The perfect organism was turned into a giant cricket and lives in a bug hive.. Jesus. That was never even close to what was set up in Alien with the SJ and the derelict.
Well, you've clearly done your research into the first film... Giger even called the egg silo in Alien a "termite nest," whilst Scott called the Alien a "biomechanoid insect". Pretty much everyone involved in Alien loved or appreciated the sequel, so no, nothing's getting 'undone'.
And Scott himself who said he thought the film was a fantastic achievement at the time. Cameron gets a lot of haters now because of the success of Titanic and Avatar, he also gets blamed for the current 3D trend which everyone sems to hate, i get tired of defending him to be honest, the guy is a geneus to me, just look at his resume!

escroto

escroto

I agree man, and although Prometheus (according to general commentary) doesn't touch the "aliens" as we know them, I think Scott might have missed an oportunity to go and send to hell the first thing we need to go, I mean the alien queen. I always though the eggs might have been produced by the jockey chair while this one was literally plugged to it, in al fusion between his DNA and the alien species in Its first and purest form (like the grey serpent-worm we see in the movie), with the chair doing all the work, first fusion and then production (the eggs)

If the queen/hive concept were dropped then every effort on "re-route" the concept of the alien in the first film and make It what It was once instead of a big retarded space ant submitted to a f**king queen bee would be a lot easier.

Still have to watch Prometheus, but reading some spoilers around It looks neither Scott has tried to explain where and how those eggs aboard Derelict were produced nor he enters the very "derelict" subject.

Mastes1

Quote from: escroto on May 29, 2012, 06:49:54 PM
I agree man, and although Prometheus (according to general commentary) doesn't touch the "aliens" as we know them, I think Scott might have missed an oportunity to go and send to hell the first thing we need to go, I mean the alien queen. I always though the eggs might have been produced by the jockey chair while this one was literally plugged to it, in al fusion between his DNA and the alien species in Its first and purest form (like the grey serpent-worm we see in the movie), with the chair doing all the work, first fusion and then production (the eggs)

If the queen/hive concept were dropped then every effort on "re-route" the concept of the alien in the first film and make It what It was once instead of a big retarded space ant submitted to a f**king queen bee would be a lot easier.

Still have to watch Prometheus, but reading some spoilers around It looks neither Scott has tried to explain where and how those eggs aboard Derelict were produced nor he enters the very "derelict" subject.
You're mad if you think FOX would allow the queen alien to dissapear from ALIEN lore, also and this is only my opinion, a queen or some kind of xeno laying the eggs makes a much more plausible concept than humans changing into eggs or the eggs being made by the jockey chair (wtf?).

chrisr232007

For all the haters, Aliens is the most successful movie out of all the Alien, Predator, and AVP movies.  Which 9/10 people (non-hard core fans) remember Aliens more then Alien.  Also Fox is not going to let anyone ignore and wipe out what was set up in Aliens due to its success in how people love it and the money it has made.

Glaive

Quote from: Mastes1 on May 29, 2012, 06:58:49 PM

You're mad if you think FOX would allow the queen alien to dissapear from ALIEN lore, also and this is only my opinion, a queen or some kind of xeno laying the eggs makes a much more plausible concept than humans changing into eggs or the eggs being made by the jockey chair (wtf?).

You 'DO' understand what the term 'alien' means, right?

Caiman

QuoteReally, by using the ALIEN trailer music and having the Prometheus title come up in stages like in ALIEN?
You're right. Every person who sees those trailers will immediately be thinking 'HOLY SHIT THAT FILM HAS THE SAME TITLE MUSIC AND FONT AS THAT 30 YEAR OLD MOVIE I SAW ONCE AND DON'T OBSESS OVER'

Mastes1

Quote from: Glaive on May 29, 2012, 07:03:28 PM

Yeah i do but i'm open for you to educate me.

Glaive

Quote from: Caiman on May 29, 2012, 07:06:22 PM
QuoteReally, by using the ALIEN trailer music and having the Prometheus title come up in stages like in ALIEN?
You're right. Every person who sees those trailers will immediately be thinking 'HOLY SHIT THAT FILM HAS THE SAME TITLE MUSIC AND FONT AS THAT 30 YEAR OLD MOVIE I SAW ONCE AND DON'T OBSESS OVER'

I didn't realise that ALIEN fans had such sensitive souls.

...it's adorable, really.

escroto

Quote from: Glaive on May 29, 2012, 07:03:28 PM

I don't think his understanding of that word goes beyond Cameron's simple, lazy and most predictable giant and retarded space ant concept

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed