Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 652,930 times)

XenoPred

XenoPred

Quote from: Dragonblaster on Oct 08, 2008, 10:35:48 AM
I photoshopped a concept for my Preatorian custom:

What do you guys think ?

Greetings
DB

I like the idea alot, the two figures should gel together quite well. As you've mentioned to others already, the chest and shoulders are going to need some bulking/resculpting work on them.

Perhaps lose the webbing effect on the lower-arms, as I dont think Preatorians would be exactly built for agile swimming (what with the huge head n all). Perhaps replace them with some small spikey protrusions, and maybe add them on the legs as well?

Should turn out quite nicely though. Look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Dragonblaster

Quote from: XenoPred on Oct 08, 2008, 09:17:11 PM

I like the idea alot, the two figures should gel together quite well. As you've mentioned to others already, the chest and shoulders are going to need some bulking/resculpting work on them.

Perhaps lose the webbing effect on the lower-arms, as I dont think Preatorians would be exactly built for agile swimming (what with the huge head n all). Perhaps replace them with some small spikey protrusions, and maybe add them on the legs as well?

Should turn out quite nicely though. Look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Thanks for the advice :) I'm also thinking about putting the little Queens chest area on the Aliens lower body. I wouldn't need to make it much that much bulkier then. There'll definately a lot of changes. The Praetorian should blend in well, but be really special at the same time. :)

Dragonblaster

Dragonblaster

I'm working on new wall structures for my Alien hive (I'm planning to make a MUCH bigger hive soon). I use Apoxy sculpt, a plastic plate and Games Workshop colors (chaos black, metallic medium, Gloss varnish). I'll definately add some parts of broken Alien figures I own.

Here's a wall I'm working on right now:

Size comparison and how it's gonna work together with Aliens:

A closeup:

In the end there will be a lot structures where Aliens can camouflage themselves in - pretty much as seen in Aliens. Poor Dietrich :D

Purebreedalien

I love it. I wish I could do something like that.

Private Hudson

I tried making a Diorama once, it collapsed. Five days of work wasted.

An-Alien

An-Alien

^^lol, why dont you cheat?

How? ??? Easy....  ;)

take a piece of cardboard, pour glue all over it, make sure its bumpy and uneven so that when it dries it looks rough and bumpy.(like hive resin) Then when its dry just paint it black. ;D

Dragonblaster

Quote from: An-Alien on Oct 12, 2008, 06:10:28 PM
^^lol, why dont you cheat?

How? ??? Easy....  ;)

take a piece of cardboard, pour glue all over it, make sure its bumpy and uneven so that when it dries it looks rough and bumpy.(like hive resin) Then when its dry just paint it black. ;D

Won't look nearly as good as when it's sculpted ;)

Here's an update:

Greetings
DB

Private Hudson

You should make tons of these dioramas and sell them, you'd make tons of money.

RUMADMAN

RUMADMAN

some new predator bashes!!!

RUMADMAN

RUMADMAN

more pix

Dragonblaster

I really like that Mandarin Predator. Great concept and execution.
But I don't get how someone's able to use such expensive collectibles as custom fodder. I don't have enough money to buy just one of those...

chopperbuilder

chopperbuilder

Well you did a exelent job its a 10/10 in my book! :D

RUMADMAN

RUMADMAN

Quote from: chopperbuilder on Oct 25, 2008, 08:34:29 PM
Well you did a exelent job its a 10/10 in my book! :D

thank you for your great remarks.. i am glad someone other than myself is pleased about the turn  out on these customs ;D!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed