The flintloack pistol in Predator 2

Started by Yautja, Dec 12, 2006, 05:54:49 PM

Author
The flintloack pistol in Predator 2 (Read 10,057 times)

TheMonolith

Nice. Comics, while not necessarily cannon, are always very interesting.
Still doesn't explain how the predator knew the words "Keep it." that he uttered shortly afterwards.
I always thought that the predator knew English, or at least a little of it.

Xenomrph

He said "Take it", which is the same thing Adolini said to him when he gave the pistol to him in the first place. :)

TheMonolith

He said "Take it." when he gave it to Harrigan. But after Harrigan read the date on the gun, he said "Keep it." as he walked away.

ShadowPred

FINALLY, jesus christ, someone else has ears besides me!

Xenomrph

Quote from: TheMonolith on Aug 10, 2009, 05:31:41 PM
He said "Take it." when he gave it to Harrigan. But after Harrigan read the date on the gun, he said "Keep it." as he walked away.
I don't recall that, I'll have to re-check the movie I guess.

randy4321

Quote from: Grums on Dec 12, 2006, 05:54:49 PM
A while back I came across some interesting info on a Predator fansite about the name Raphael Adolini 1715, which was engraved onto the flintloack pistol that the Eldar gave Harrigan at the end of Predator 2.

" According to a Dark Horse story Predator: 1718, which features in Decade of Dark Horse #1 (of 4) and the collected edition Decade: A Dark Horse Short Story Collection TPB, the pistol was a trophy taken by a Yautja who hunted a band of pirates in 1718. "

" As the story goes: dropping anchor at an island in Guinea in 1718, the Captain of the small band of pirates suddenly faced mutiny over a stolen case of gold which was destined for a church. The Captain wanted the gold returned, much to the anger of his crew who turned against him. In the following battle, a watching Predator joined the fray and fought back-to-back with the Captain - attacking the rebellious crew with an extendable sword.
In the climactic scene, with the crew dead and the Predator and Captain about to battle mano a mano, the Captain is suddenly shot in the back by the last member of his crew, who was in hiding. Denied his trophy, the Predator angrily blasts the final crewman to hell. With his dying breath, the Captain whispers 'take it...' to the Predator, throwing him his beautifully engraved pistol. With the Captain dead, the Predator takes a moment to think about this battle - and with some curious respect, leaves the dead Captain his extendable sword... 'Take it.'
The final scene sees what looks like a shooting star moving across the evening sky, far above a now silent island - and a pirate ship in the bay, never to leave anchor again. "

where did u find this? ill try to look for it.

Xenomrph

It's basically a transcript of the comic story "Predator: 1718", from "A Decade of Dark Horse".

randy4321

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 11, 2009, 07:46:22 AM
It's basically a transcript of the comic story "Predator: 1718", from "A Decade of Dark Horse".
I know i just wanna find it to read all of it lol.

Pred Killer

Well the Elder pred is over 200 years old.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed