MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)

Started by Gates, Sep 21, 2007, 10:45:49 AM

Author
MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) (Read 102,723 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Not particularly skilled? He's an NCAA Heavyweight Champion, what are you talking about? He's probably the best wrestler the UFC has.

Master Chief

Master Chief

If this fight ever does happen, it'll be Lesnar's toughest fight ever.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Indeed! This Fedor guy has one hell of a record behind him. I think a 30-1 record is unprecedented.

Lesnar does have height and reach on his side though; 6'3" and 81" vs. 6'0" and 74", respectively.

Master Chief

Master Chief

And he can take a beating.  This is him getting slammed by Kevin Randlman in Pride.  He was out for a second, recovered, and ended up submitting Randleman a minute or so later.

Brock definitely has the size though.  If he can get Fedor down and not make any mistakes, Brock could win.  I know Brock won't stand-up with him.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Like I said, Lesnar is perhaps the best wrestler in the UFC. Takedowns are something he's very good at, so unless Fedor has a large centre of gravity, getting him on the mat shouldn't be too hard.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Oh, I'm not saying Lesnar can't take him down, finishing him is what I'm getting at.  Fedor has been taken down plenty of times in his career by bigger men than Lesnar and still comes out on top.  Damn, I'm getting pumped just by thinking about it.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 20, 2009, 08:17:28 AM
Not particularly skilled? He's an NCAA Heavyweight Champion, what are you talking about? He's probably the best wrestler the UFC has.

His ncaa days were a while ago, and his strength was often the deciding factor, not his technique.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Xhan on Jul 20, 2009, 06:40:21 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 20, 2009, 08:17:28 AM

His ncaa days were a while ago, and his strength was often the deciding factor, not his technique.

The technique is needed though. Size isn't everything because you could be the largest man in the world but if you can't find the leverage to work around a person's centre of gravity, then size is meaningless. That's where technique comes in.

Quote from: Master Chief on Jul 20, 2009, 06:12:23 PM
Oh, I'm not saying Lesnar can't take him down, finishing him is what I'm getting at.  Fedor has been taken down plenty of times in his career by bigger men than Lesnar and still comes out on top.  Damn, I'm getting pumped just by thinking about it.

Who's the biggest person Fedor has fought?

Master Chief

Master Chief

Choi Hong-man - 7 ft 2 in - 330lbs.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Barnett tests positive for steroids.

I was really looking forward to this one too.

Fedor and UFC.
Fedor will destroy Couture.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Fedor will be picking at Couture's remains after they get stuck in his teeth. Seriously, Randy is a great fighter, but he's washed up now.

EEV2650

EEV2650

The radio has been talking about MMA alot here lately. I guss something with them is going on in coastal N.C. . I've been hearing something about camp lejune marines and fort Bragg green berets getting involved.

dude63

dude63

Anybody here watch strikeforce? I love this organization. They have a roster of great fighters and they put on good eventd. Their next is on aug 15th carano vs cyborg

Gates

Gates

Quote from: dude63 on Jul 30, 2009, 06:11:50 AM
Anybody here watch strikeforce? I love this organization. They have a roster of great fighters and they put on good eventd. Their next is on aug 15th carano vs cyborg

I have Cyborg without question...I love Gina but Santos is like a female version of Wanderlei, and I really don't think Gina is ready to get hit that hard... :-\

Quote from: Master Chief on Jul 28, 2009, 04:05:45 PM
Barnett tests positive for steroids.

I was really looking forward to this one too.

I read somewhere that they were 'roids prescribed for a medical injury, but that he hadn't cycled off in time for the drug test...sucks if true...

Anyways, did you guys hear..? Franklin vs. Belfort at UFC 103..! Crazy fight, and Vitor has been looking real good lately...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Gates on Aug 01, 2009, 07:05:13 AM

I read somewhere that they were 'roids prescribed for a medical injury, but that he hadn't cycled off in time for the drug test...sucks if true...

Stephan Bonnar had the same problem not too long ago as I recall. He was suspended from fighting, I think for at least a good 6 months.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed