MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)

Started by Gates, Sep 21, 2007, 10:45:49 AM

Author
MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) (Read 102,711 times)

Darth_Spud

Darth_Spud

Yeah I think he may qualify for the worst name ever too  ;D

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Darth_Spud on Sep 21, 2007, 10:17:09 PM
Yeah I think he may qualify for the worst name ever too  ;D

;D

Gates

Gates

Oh man! Did any one watch the fights!? The Griffin/Tavares fight was none stop...Fitch/Sanchez was amazing...and FORREST GRIFFIN destroyed Pride import Shogun...the only fight I'm pissed about is the Liddell/Jardine fight...I'm a huge Liddell fan and he disappointed tonight...also lost $200 on him...but I made $450 on the other three fights so I broke out even...all in all, it was a good card, with great fights...

Demonio Cazador

Demonio Cazador

Quote from: PHANTOM on Sep 21, 2007, 05:23:52 PM
UFC is the best and I have a lot of respect for those guys, they are the best of the best in the world of Martial Arts

You know, they might be great fighters...but I doubt they're the best of the best in the world of Martial Arts...specially because this guys try too hard to prove something, and that, isn't what Martial Arts are about. Just my 2 cents... ;)

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Demonio Cazador on Sep 25, 2007, 06:28:42 PM
You know, they might be great fighters...but I doubt they're the best of the best in the world of Martial Arts
My opinion is different.  I believe they are the best in the world at MMA.  Who do you think are better fighters?

Quote...specially because this guys try too hard to prove something,
They are trying to prove they are the best in the sport.

Demonio Cazador

Demonio Cazador

I'm not saying that they aren't the best in the sport, I just questioned "the best of the best in Martial Arts" statement...

Master Chief

Master Chief

Ok...I'm just questioning who do you think is?

Demonio Cazador

Demonio Cazador

What I mean, is that the true Martial Artist doesn't crave competition, or needs to prove a point at a TV show...I don't know if you study Martial Arts, if so, maybe you're on a different stage of learning. Each Martial art has had great masters, so, depending on the techinique you can find names of great Martial Artists.
The ones I know about, Funakoshi Sensei, Nakayama Sensei, Enoeda sensei, Nihisyama sensei and Asai sensei to name a few. But that doesn't mean they are the only ones, just the ones I know about. ;)

Master Chief

Master Chief

Fedor Emelianenko will kick all of your Senseis asses  ;D  I know you're talking about the discpline aspect of martial arts.  Fights such as the UFC and Pride tend to have the fighters not stay focused on what is true to the roots, right?  Gotcha man.

Demonio Cazador

Demonio Cazador

Quote from: Master Chief on Sep 25, 2007, 08:10:46 PM
Fedor Emelianenko will kick all of your Senseis asses  ;D 
Unless he goes to the underworld or something like that...cus some of e'm are already dead!!  ;D
BUt you got my point so it's all good! ;)

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Demonio Cazador on Sep 25, 2007, 07:42:58 PM
The ones I know about, Funakoshi Sensei, Nakayama Sensei, Enoeda sensei, Nihisyama sensei and Asai sensei to name a few. But that doesn't mean they are the only ones, just the ones I know about. ;)

Gracie was a master at BJJ, and he was demolished by Matt Hughes, who is a master at nothing more than being an a$$hole... ;D ...the fighters in UFC, PRIDE, etc, at least show their skills in actual combat...the only point I'm trying to make is, in the words of the great Bruce Lee, "Boards don't hit back"... ;)

Demonio Cazador

Demonio Cazador

Quote from: Gates on Sep 25, 2007, 10:11:28 PM
Gracie was a master at BJJ, and he was demolished by Matt Hughes, who is a master at nothing more than being an a$$hole... ;D
Is that supposed to be a good thing?

Quote from: Gates on Sep 25, 2007, 10:11:28 PM...the fighters in UFC, PRIDE, etc, at least show their skills in actual combat...the only point I'm trying to make is, in the words of the great Bruce Lee, "Boards don't hit back"... ;)
You said it...fighters...not Martial Artists, there's a huge difference, even with that Gracei guy whom I don't know...
Oh and BTW, Bruce Lee was awesome!!
But he also got served by Chuck Norris apparently...

Gates

Gates

Chuck Norris is gay... ;D

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

It's too bad a great man like Bruce Lee isn't alive to see how great martial arts has become. To me Bruce Lee was the first mixed martial artist when you think about it. He challenged all the whole martial art world by stating what works and doesn't in his experience in learning many different fighting styles, and combining it to his own into something very different.

He would have changed the world if he was still alive, so sad. Brcue Lee was way more than just a great fighter, he is a true legend and a leader.

And we all know what we humans do to all great leaders...........we assassinate them.

Darth_Spud

Darth_Spud

Quote from: Gates on Sep 26, 2007, 12:33:51 AM
Chuck Norris is gay... ;D

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm I can see both points here, but the UFC fighters probably have more actual fight experience and of course they are all MMA so have many styles to utilise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed