RS: "two more of these before you even get to ALIEN1"

Started by 180924609, Jun 01, 2012, 10:19:01 PM

Author
RS: "two more of these before you even get to ALIEN1" (Read 4,909 times)

BBC Radio 5 Live

Simon Mayo and Mark Kermode interview with Ridley Scott, 1st June 2012.

Ridley Scott:
"If there was a sequel to this, which there might be if the film is successful, there will be two more of these before you even get to ALIEN 1."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18298709

Great! Only another six years until:

PROM3TH3US: PARADISE LOST (The definitive prequel to ALIEN)

Mark Kermode's non-spoilery review on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jyxZBuWSXM#ws

mastermoon

That pretty much confirms he wants a trilogy.

chupacabras acheronsis

he already crammed three movies into one, what more does he even want?!?

GreatKnower

GreatKnower

Lindelof has already contradicted Ridley's statement by stating "any sequels would tangentialize EVEN FURTHER away from alien", not get closer as Ridley is inferring. This is in itself doesn't make sense though because that would require Prometheus to have deviated away from Alien in the first place, in which it does not, AT ALL.

Also Ridleys statement means Prometheus IS a Prequel, akin to phantom menace in relation to new hope.

mastermoon

Quote from: GreatKnower on Jun 01, 2012, 10:30:46 PM
Lindelof has already contradicted Ridley's statement that saying any sequels would deviate EVEN FURTHER away from alien, not get closer as Ridley is inferring.

It can happen either way.

chupacabras acheronsis

Lindelof has already contradicted Ridley's statement by stating any sequels would deviate EVEN FURTHER away from alien, not get closer as Ridley is inferring.

he obviously means that there are two movies left to be done before reaching the events of alien, not in how they will approach closer to it's themes.

GreatKnower

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jun 01, 2012, 10:33:49 PM
Lindelof has already contradicted Ridley's statement by stating any sequels would deviate EVEN FURTHER away from alien, not get closer as Ridley is inferring.

he obviously means that there are two movies left to be done before reaching the events of alien, not in how they will approach closer to it's themes.

How is this possible when using Humans, SJs, and Xenos?

chupacabras acheronsis

hell if i know. But Prometheus wasn't scary at all.

mastermoon

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jun 01, 2012, 10:39:02 PM
hell if i know. But Prometheus wasn't scary at all.

People have said that about Aliens before.

Eva

Pretty sure Lindelof said a sequel - not sequels when speaking on the matter.

I'll give this a listen  :)

GreatKnower

GreatKnower

While i think a trilogy is great, they pretty much made a prologue out of Prometheus and not really a part 1. Unless their plan was to create a trilogy with no answers then have Alien have all the answers to the new Trilogy.

It should be have been marketed as such also. Not after the fact.
Make the movie totally solid and let its awesomeness spawn the sequels, not create a vacuum that requires them.
Its really bad when you leave a movie knowing less than you did when you went in, Especially if no revelatory experience or information is portrayed.

Dear Lindelof,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0#ws

R.I.P. Prometheus :'(

Alien³

Mark Kermode what a guy ; )

hfeldhaus

He did a talk at my university last year, the guy knows what hes on about. one of the few critics i actually take into account when im choosing a film to watch

MrLee

You wont get another penny from me Ridley.

Feral_PRED

A brand new trilogy, just what I've ever wanted!  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed