Could have been better. (2/5)
60 (13.1%)
Didn't like it. (1/5)
32 (7%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (6.6%)

Total Members Voted: 456

Author
Alien Covenant Fan Reviews (Read 279,628 times)

SiL

SiL

What in the ever loving f**k does life experience have to do with laughing at an actor's performance in a sci-fi movie?

"If you'd ever lived a proper life you'd never laugh at Fassbender's impassioned crying when his monster offspring is shot! Only someone who has truly lived life can understand!"

f**k off.

Gash

Gash

Who are you quoting there you silly Tw*t

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Gash on Aug 23, 2017, 12:49:25 PMAlien Covenant has an age restriction doesn't it? To keep the juvenile giggling f**kwits with no life experience out of the theatre.

See my earlier comment about people laughing at the stupidity of Oram looking into the egg at the world premiere.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Gash on Aug 23, 2017, 01:00:36 PM
Tw*t
Oh, grow up. People will dislike the things you like. People will laugh at things you don't. That doesn't make them uncultured or juvenile or f**kwits, it means they have different tastes and experiences.

Anyone with life experience would know this.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: SiL on Aug 23, 2017, 01:03:08 PM
Quote from: Gash on Aug 23, 2017, 01:00:36 PM
Tw*t
Oh, grow up. People will dislike the things you like. People will laugh at things you don't. That doesn't make them uncultured or juvenile or f**kwits, it means they have different tastes and experiences.

Anyone with life experience would know this.

Brilliant. Says the guy who tells people to f*ck off if they have a different opinion.

SiL

SiL

Having a different opinion is fine; you're condescending people who have a different opinion and calling them f**kwits for laughing at something. That's not fine. And why I said to f**k off.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

This thread is getting fun.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: SiL on Aug 23, 2017, 01:06:26 PM
Having a different opinion is fine; you're condescending people who have a different opinion and calling them f**kwits for laughing at something. That's not fine. And why I said to f**k off.

I'm condescending Hide, who writes like a 12 year old, and boasts at his ability to laugh at film but has never posted anything that suggests any deeper thought processes in his critiques. Unless of course you count his assertion that Ridley is senile.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You will condescend no-one. Please enjoy a 7 day sabbatical from being able to post on this forum.

I would suggest that any member who feels they are allowed to come on here and insult anyone they disagree with (whether they enjoyed Covenant or not) needs to go back and re-read the forum rules - http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=3.0

Quote- Be Nice & Respecful. Be nice to other members. While a forum is for debating issues, just plain insulting people will not be tolerated.

And if anyone else has a legitimate issue with what members are posting, please ensure that the posts are reported. Thank you to the members who reported Gash's behavior.

Hide

Hide

Sorry if my critique is disturbing to anyone who liked the film but as a huge fan of Alien (1979) I can't be more disappointed.
Not because that I hate the idea of an Android creating the alien, but because the bad execution of that idea.

There are numerous videos on YouTube that are explaining all the bad things of the movie, and personally I have a lot more to add to all of them.
(Like we don't have a real sense of how big the spaceship is, or that carries 2000 people, we just see a scene of 50 cryotubes or something...) But my criticism would be unnecessary because of all the other major problems of the movie.

As I have said before, this movie is a master class of how to not direct a movie.

And as a fan of the first 2 movies + the assembly cut of the 3rd I can't help but express my hate for the 2 prequels and especially Covenant that was an abomination.

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Hide on Aug 23, 2017, 01:38:57 PM
Sorry if my critique is disturbing to anyone who liked the film but as a huge fan of Alien (1979) I can't be more disappointed.
Not because that I hate the idea of an Android creating the alien, but because the bad execution of that idea.

There are numerous videos on YouTube that are explaining all the bad things of the movie, and personally I have a lot more to add to all of them.
(Like we don't have a real sense of how big the spaceship is, or that carries 2000 people, we just see a scene of 50 cryotubes or something...) But my criticism would be unnecessary because of all the other major problems of the movie.

As I have said before, this movie is a master class of how to not direct a movie.

And as a fan of the first 2 movies + the assembly cut of the 3rd I can't help but express my hate for the 2 prequels and especially Covenant that was an abomination.

The thing is, videos on YouTube don't explain anything. They just express a persons view, just as you are.

I disagree with you that Covenant is an abomoination and I firmly believe it's masterfully made.

You disagree and that's fine, no need to apologise for how you feel about the film but personally I do find some of the distespectful things you say about Ridley to be pretty offensive.

Hamster1066

Hamster1066

Quote from: Hide on Aug 23, 2017, 01:38:57 PM
(Like we don't have a real sense of how big the spaceship is, or that carries 2000 people, we just see a scene of 50 cryotubes or something...)

???

SM

SM

??? indeed.

Look at the exterior shots of the ship if you want to get a sense of how big it is.  It's big.  We're told how colonists there are several times.  We don't need to see them.  And he's complaining about the direction...?

What an odd criticism.

Alionic

Alionic

Edit: Nevermind.

Hide

Hide

After rewatching it, I can't believe how badly directed the whole thing is.

I only liked 5 things.
- The music.
- The opening scene.
- The design of the spaceship when the energy concentrators are open.
-The colors of the scene when David releases the black goo.

And
- The hopelessness of the last scene when Daniels understands inside the cryotube that Walter is in fact David.

The flaws of the movie are so many that I think it is a miracle that it earned a number of 70% freshness on Rotten Tomatoes. And somehow a miracle that Ridley's movie schedule is intact after this FIASCO!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed