All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,859,891 times)

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I respect the take but it's still a show about Boba Fett. This would be like if Mando suddenly took up a chunk of its runtime to see what Iden Versio was doing. Yeah Mando is related to Boba, but it's still a show about Boba Fett, it lacks focus and throughout the show it's not connecting anything. Stuff is related and the fan service is cool, but even stuff like Cad Bane needs to be established earlier rather than at the end if only to pay off to a Clone Wars episode from over a decade ago. It can't all be fan-service. You have to connect the narrative tissue otherwise it ends up like Bad Batch where while cool, goes absolutely nowhere.

What would make the Jedi temple stuff work is if Boba went. Boba hires Mando and Mando knows Luke via Grogu. Mando wants to see Grogu. Boba needs muscle and the Jedi are some pretty strong muscle. They go and Mando has his diversion while Boba gets an awkward talk with Luke and realizes that Luke is still pretty early on in this rebuilding of the Jedi order. He also can't leave because he's the only Jedi there. Bringing in Ahsoka was a mistake since this raises the question as what Ahsoka even bothered to do there aside from be unhelpful and fan-service (she could also be asked to help giving Filoni his Ahsoka action sequence in the finale). So instead it's only Luke and Luke can't leave Grogu. Then you do what you did already with Freetown. The sequence plays out the same with the possible scenario the locals will come to Boba's aid instead.

That would be a way to bridge the disconnect. Boba shows up asking for help, can't get it from the Jedi (or maybe he only gets Ahsoka and it'd have some significance given she has faced the pykes before) but instead he gets it largely from the locals instead. We didn't need to fart around the temple, they could've kept the plot moving while showcasing what Mando and Grogu had been up to. And if they worked at it you could've had bigger payoff with Boba generally being a much nicer Daimyo than the others making the locals more inclined to help him. Boba isn't a hero, but he's the nicest leader they've had in years and even gets the tuskens to help. So Boba think's he's outgunned when pretty much the whole planet answers the call.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 04, 2022, 06:19:44 AM
Did you like the sand hipsters and their candy-colored scoot speeders?

I wish they looked more like Mad Max characters and less like teenagers from Coruscant.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 05, 2022, 02:46:49 AM
I wish they looked more like Mad Max characters

I am dying to know what kind of character designs Miller and his team are cooking up right now for Furiosa...

Kradan

Kradan

https://youtu.be/kN26SDo1Dgo

This is probably the most severe case of "overthinking it too much" I have ever seen

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Prez on Feb 03, 2022, 04:13:59 AM
Quote from: ace3g on Feb 03, 2022, 01:15:15 AM
I wonder if
Spoiler
deepfake guy that got hired by LucasFilm worked on this episode.

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/07/lucasfilm-hires-deepfake-youtuber-mandalorian-skywalker-vfx-1234653720/
[close]

That was my first thought too.

Confirmed.
---------------------------------
With "The Book of Boba Fett" however, Hamill was eliminated from the equation altogether – both his voice and appearance this time being digitally created. Stunt double Scott Lang and performance artist Graham Hamilton played Luke on-set, then Lucasfilm's hire last year of deep fake artist Shamook came in to play and the result was a more convincing young Luke Skywalker. Respeecher was then used to create all the dialogue.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Michael Crichton predicted all this in 1981 with Looker.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Prez on Feb 07, 2022, 10:23:25 PM
With "The Book of Boba Fett" however, Hamill was eliminated from the equation altogether – both his voice and appearance this time being digitally created. Stunt double Scott Lang and performance artist Graham Hamilton played Luke on-set, then Lucasfilm's hire last year of deep fake artist Shamook came in to play and the result was a more convincing young Luke Skywalker. Respeecher was then used to create all the dialogue.

This all sounds kinda creepy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Indeed! Imagine seeing Ripley the same as she was after Aliens, even with that horrible 80s haircut. 😱

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Then we could get a proper sequel to Aliens!

Kradan

Kradan

I still think we need young deepfaked Harrison back

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

If they can do that, they may as well call it a license to print money.  Imagine being able to churn out endless Indiana Jones movies.

Kradan

Kradan

Go higher. Endless Blade Runner sequels, that's where REAL money lies

Prez

Prez

Brings up the interesting question on an actors image IP.
Imagine getting paid for your (much younger) likeliness in a film and not having to do a single bit of work.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed