660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 465,462 times)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Thing is, you're going to lengths to disprove the strength of a creature that's meant to be as strong as hell on a conceptual level.

Another example:

In Alien, holding itself at the door of the Narcissus whilst the vacuum of space was pulling at it. Its tail was dangling outside the ship, so it was keeping itself stable with its arms and legs. Don't say you could do that, 'cause you couldn't.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Queeny ripped Bishop in two with her hands. Fair enough, that ain't your average Alien but it show's they have power in their arms.

BANE

BANE

It uses its tail to drag itself into the thruster.

http://movieclips.com/watch/alien-1979/ripleys-last-stand/

Watch.

Yeah, but it has already been shown that a queen beats a predator (with a bt of difficulty I might add).Howeber,I'm not stupid enough not to concede that. But a regular (drone? Warrior? hate those names...) could not.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

I am pretty sure that if an Alien can rip through steel, it'd have no issues ripping a Predator apart at close quarters, especially considering their fast movement and lightning reactions.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Difficulty caused by some annoying girl... :P if Lex hadn't stabbed the Queen she would have impaled Scar to death.
MadAlex is referring to when the Alien is on the door of the Ship - being drained by the vacuum, it sustains itself using only arms and legs.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jul 21, 2010, 04:39:44 PM
Difficulty caused by some annoying girl... :P if Lex hadn't stabbed the Queen she would have impaled Scar to death.

It did impale scar to death...and scar also stabbed it through the frican head and did loads of damage with several strikes from a shuriken.

QuoteMadAlex is referring to when the Alien is on the door of the Ship - being drained by the vacuum, it sustains itself using only arms and legs.
Ah. That is pretty strong. About as strong as Ripleys' seat belt.

QuoteI am pretty sure that if an Alien can rip through steel, it'd have no issues ripping a Predator apart at close quarters, especially considering their fast movement and lightning reactions.
I'm having trouble remembering them "ripping" through steel. Maybe banging through because of putting their entire body strength behind it. And it depends which steel door you're talking about: it seemed to only be able to get through a thin steel door in Alienss, while the thick ones wthstood the barrage (i.e "they're at the blast doors...they've stopped. Maybe they've found another way in").

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Ripley's seat belt was secured by a steel buckle. I daresay such belts would also be designed with the vacuum of space in mind, being a tad stronger than what you'd find in a car.

As for the doors, a lot of them were secured, welded and turned into barricades. The Aliens otherwise put massive dents in (and ultimately destroyed) the medical doors. They were at least a few inches thick. If something that break through inches of steel, it can break through enough Predator to hit major internal organs.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: AintGotTime2Bleed on Jul 21, 2010, 04:44:48 PM
It did impale scar to death...and scar also stabbed it through the frican head and did loads of damage with several strikes from a shuriken.
Ok, let's rewind it all. Queen emerges from the ground. Scar LOLfaces and does some cool tricks with the shuriken. Queen gets pissed and violently tailwhips him, sending him far to the ground. Before he can stand up, she quickly does another tailwhip, sending once again the Predator to the ground. In this precise moment, the Queen is about to impale the Predator to death, but Lex comes saving the day.

Quote from: AintGotTime2Bleed on Jul 21, 2010, 04:44:48 PM
Ah. That is pretty strong. About as strong as Ripleys' seat belt.
It's vacuum of space. It's obvious that the seat belt or whatever held Ripley was designed to resist.
On this, ninja'd again. :P

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: MadassAlex on Jul 21, 2010, 04:28:26 PM
Thing is, you're going to lengths to disprove the strength of a creature that's meant to be as strong as hell on a conceptual level.

Another example:

In Alien, holding itself at the door of the Narcissus whilst the vacuum of space was pulling at it. Its tail was dangling outside the ship, so it was keeping itself stable with its arms and legs. Don't say you could do that, 'cause you couldn't.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Ripley not do the same in Aliens? I believe she also had a queen holding on to her Reeboks. She also managed to climb up the ladder too, right?

BANE

BANE

I guess a xenomorph isn't as strong as Ripley then, seeing as she manages to withstand the vacuum of space in Aliens. Shame, I didn't think Ripley was as strong as Dutch, which the predator clearly overpowers. Hmmmm....

QuoteAs for the doors, a lot of them were secured, welded and turned into barricades. The Aliens otherwise put massive dents in (and ultimately destroyed) the medical doors. They were at least a few inches thick. If something that break through inches of steel, it can break through enough Predator to hit major internal organs.

First of all, we don't know if its 1 alien or many. I'm guessing many, but I can't be sure. Second, I am also guessing they're putting they're full weight behind it, like a body check (judging by the fact that the damage is over a large area in one hit, meaning that either its a lot of xenos banging with their fists, or its a full weight attack). I don't think a body check will be breaking through much predator anytime soon like a drill would, or something along those lines.

Next.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It was one. There is one clear bulge on the door while it is being attacked, and it is caused likely by a single alien.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: Master Chief on Jul 21, 2010, 04:59:40 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Ripley not do the same in Aliens? I believe she also had a queen holding on to her Reeboks. She also managed to climb up the ladder too, right?

From my first viewing I thought Ripley's arm should've snapped, even without the vacuum of space. If the Queen can rip apart a synthetic, Ripley sure as hell ain't got the resilience.

BANE

BANE

Ok, so now you are discrediting what is shown in the films to help your argument...lovely.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

It's a bit of a goof, like the size of LV-426 in Alien. We accept it for the sake of the story, but it doesn't really make any sense. Ripley just had hardcore plot armour for a moment there.

BANE

BANE

Oh my god. I can't take this weaving in and out of the film universe (Alien universe and Predator universe) and our universe. Lets stick to one. In the Alien universe, Ripley is strong enough to withstand the vacuum of space, even though she isn't very strong at all. Therefore, if an alien can't do it, it's not as strong as Ripley, and therefore not as strong as a predator (who defeated a man who could lift a 400 pound + log in a test of strength.).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed