660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 465,361 times)

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

Alien. The creature seems so facinatingly misunderstood, to me and is a personification of terror. The design is so elegant and creepy and it's actions are so... Alien(duh) The Predator on the other hand is a primal alien hunter and does not intrest me as much.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: PredalienXenomorph on Jun 06, 2010, 12:08:01 AM
Predator primal
. Seriously compared to a alien he is primal.

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Jun 06, 2010, 01:10:51 AM
Quote from: PredalienXenomorph on Jun 06, 2010, 12:08:01 AM
Predator primal
. Seriously compared to a alien he is primal.
You misunderstand. I was obviously comparing it to people. I see the the the Predator as a primal warrior hunter with pieces of advanced tech.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Oh fair enough.

Richardus

Richardus

Quote from: 08yeyinde on Jun 05, 2010, 07:02:55 PM

But don't think I wish to say you're wrong or anything, I like your reasoning. Only I though I'll say my words as well.

Don't worry. After all this post is about our likes about the creatures.

What I meant about the Alien's mystery was how it started off e.g. a designed weapon or evolved life form.

I know the predator is fast, durable and strong killing machine.

It's just from what I have seen in the films they use their technology within hunts quite a lot.

Saying that though the predator did but down its weapons and use hand to hand combat against Dutch. Which was honourable to do and same with the Predalien.

Don't mean to dismiss the predator all together 

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Commander Richardus on Jun 06, 2010, 07:08:07 PM
Saying that though the predator did but down its weapons and use hand to hand combat against Dutch. Which was honourable to do and same with the Predalien.

There's a fine line between honour and idiocy.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Commander Richardus on Jun 06, 2010, 07:08:07 PM

When your opponent outsizes you and is stronger, you don't disarm yourself. Trying fighting someone like Brock Lesnar without a knife or some other type of weapon.

The PredBen

The PredBen

Well if you've got a mental disease and are high on Morphine you could try to fight Brock Lensar even if your smaller and un trained.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

If you're high on morphine and you have a mental disease, my guess is you'd probably be in a hospital somewhere.

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

If Brock Lesnar even dreams of kicking my ass. He better wake up and apologise.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Don't worry, I don't think he cares.

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Alien:

The creature design is amazing, and not just how it looks, the whole lifecycle.

The movies really scared the shit into me when I was a kid and I never forgot about them.

Giger's artwork and designs are truely unique and I just hope we see more of his creative genius realised in film, I have the feeling that his art is the sort which may not be seen again.

No disrespect to Preds though, they are really cool, just not on the same level as the Aliens for me.

iSeymore

iSeymore

Predators for me. I have always loved this species growing up, tried to find a decent figure for the longest time. Finally found a "Predator 2" Predator the hunter figure this afternoon. I put a "Classic Predator" figure on hold yesterday for when they come out next month. I'm excited. :) Aliens are awesome too, I mean yes, they are original, and the fact that their blood is acid earns them more points too. But Predators are my favorite. and they could easily kick the crap out of Aliens in a one on one fight. Maybe not if they gang up on the Predator though.

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: iSeymore on Jun 10, 2010, 04:15:46 PM
Predators for me. I have always loved this species growing up, tried to find a decent figure for the longest time. Finally found a "Predator 2" Predator the hunter figure this afternoon. I put a "Classic Predator" figure on hold yesterday for when they come out next month. I'm excited. :) Aliens are awesome too, I mean yes, they are original, and the fact that their blood is acid earns them more points too. But Predators are my favorite. and they could easily kick the crap out of Aliens in a one on one fight. Maybe not if they gang up on the Predator though.

Seriously........ GTFO!

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: iSeymore on Jun 10, 2010, 04:15:46 PM

You got that backwards there, mate. ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed