Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 465,418 times)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: The Demon on Mar 25, 2010, 07:51:14 PM
Do you guys remember how slow the Alien was when it confronts it terrified victims?

Do you remember how the Alien busted through doors, floor grating, and practically hurled itself through the vent shafts in ALIENS? They're capable of moving fast as Hell.

Remember Predator beating the hell out of Arnold?

In ALIEN, the alien knocks Parker back into a wall, causing some pipes to burst, and then grabs Parker, and head bites him. Killing him in about an eighth of the time it took ol' Preds to try to kill Dutch.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Dark Passenger on Mar 25, 2010, 10:55:23 PM
please explain to me how he would slice the alien in such close quarters without getting acid spray all over him?
Like this.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

In simpler terms: a PG-13 rating.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

please explain to me how he would slice the alien in such close quarters without getting acid spray all over him?

That's why I said... or stabbing ;D ;D. Cutting or stabbing, the logical shoice at a time. Normally no blood comes out until the weapon is inside the body. Assuming the spear is not acid proof (it can or can't be, but let's assume not ot itsn't), it's loss of a spear, not an arm. Or a life... no, it's a loss of a life, but not the hunter's :D :D
Okay, no jokes.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 26, 2010, 06:40:27 AM
In simpler terms: a PG-13 rating.

The creature blood didn't get them the PG-13 rating. They could of used as much blood there was they wanted. I don't think the acid would be too much of a problem on their armor. It eat their skin but I think they would have good enough reflects to prevent it from fatally wounding them.

Quote from: SiL on Mar 25, 2010, 09:08:49 PM
Do you guys remember how slow the Alien was when it confronts it terrified victims?
Remember how it moved quickly when provoked to do so?

QuoteDoes anyone get where I'm coming from.
Not in the least.

Yeah, sure I do. It swung its arm out to give Dallas a hug and swung its tail against Parker. I think a Predator can handle that kind of contact.

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 26, 2010, 12:48:03 AM

Do you remember how the Alien busted through doors, floor grating, and practically hurled itself through the vent shafts in ALIENS? They're capable of moving fast as Hell.

Remember Predator beating the hell out of Arnold?

In ALIEN, the alien knocks Parker back into a wall, causing some pipes to burst, and then grabs Parker, and head bites him. Killing him in about an eighth of the time it took ol' Preds to try to kill Dutch.

I'm not talking about Aliens because I already know the Aliens from Aliens are fast as hell. I meant Alien particularly.

Predator was taking his time on Dutch. That was his purpose. There was no rush. When Dutch tried to attack him, he'd just knock the shit out of him. He had the complete upper hand.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

And in the same situation against an Alien, Dutch would've been pasted instantly.

The Alien doesn't knock people about because it doesn't need to. It just kills them.

AliensPredator

AliensPredator

I'm not sure, I mean the aliens are like super rabid attack dogs with acid blood,claws, and their scythe tail and the whole spiderman crawl up walls thing, where as the predators are like super BAD Klingons. I'm leaning towards Predators. definitely.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I'm not talking about Aliens because I already know the Aliens from Aliens are fast as hell. I meant Alien particularly.

Same species.

Predator was taking his time on Dutch. That was his purpose. There was no rush. When Dutch tried to attack him, he'd just knock the shit out of him. He had the complete upper hand.

No he didnt. Dutch got a good punch in on the Predator, and it flinched. It also nearly fell for one trap, and then got its ass handed to em by a log.

The Alien had Parker, a 200 something pound guy, charge at him like a foot ball player, and hurled him across the room and then strangled and killed him like he was nothing.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It didn't flinch. Dutch hit him, and Anytime just shrugged it off. It was smart enough to see the trap and that last log was balls for Anytime sure, but if Dutch had hesitated for even one second, that would've been the end of it.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 26, 2010, 05:40:49 PM
It didn't flinch.

Yes, it did. His eyes bounce around and his face clearly twitches after Arnie punches him. Then he comes to his senses and looks right at Arnold.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 26, 2010, 05:24:38 PM

Same species.

No he didnt. Dutch got a good punch in on the Predator, and it flinched. It also nearly fell for one trap, and then got its ass handed to em by a log.

The Alien had Parker, a 200 something pound guy, charge at him like a foot ball player, and hurled him across the room and then strangled and killed him like he was nothing.

Same species yeah - yeah. But in this situation, I'm talking about that Alien. f**k the sequels.

Predator flinched because Dutch hit him.. right before he knocked the shit out of Dutch.

There never will be facts on who would do better in a fight. That is why I find it complete bullshit that people say the Alien has the upper hand. I was just being bias. Because there's no actual fact, I can say it would stand a good chance.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The Demon on Mar 26, 2010, 10:28:57 AM
Yeah, sure I do. It swung its arm out to give Dallas a hug and swung its tail against Parker. I think a Predator can handle that kind of contact.
The tail sent Parker into the wall hard enough to burst pipes, and it moved fast enough to knock him out of the air mid-leap. And we know an Alien tail is more than enough to kill a Predator.

It moved quickly when it needed to.

Valaquen

Valaquen

I'd loved to see a Badejo-like Alien again, I can forgive its exclusion in Aliens and Alien3 (we got a Queen and interesting dog Xeno instead), but I've missed the beast. I'd like to see it back, a 7foot tall, majestic Alien. They've become more insectile or animal-like with later movies. Though Cameron's designs were an extension of Giger's, the insect interpretation comes from Aliens, with later writers/directors thinking, "Queen = bug". Hudson's insult became the blueprint for future Xeno design  >:(

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Most of the Alien fans here, myself included, agree with you on that.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Mar 26, 2010, 09:49:25 PM
Quote from: The Demon on Mar 26, 2010, 10:28:57 AM
The tail sent Parker into the wall hard enough to burst pipes, and it moved fast enough to knock him out of the air mid-leap. And we know an Alien tail is more than enough to kill a Predator.

We do? When did an Alien kill a Predator with a whack of its tail?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed