SM

SM

A common occurrence - even after nearly 20 years.  ;D

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: The PredBen on Mar 01, 2010, 03:12:17 PM
I think aliens are cool as hell. :)

But in a fight the Predator would win.

Aliens , minus Kanes son , have shown animal level intelligence and rely on instincts.

Lets say a Lion represents and alien and me with a shot gun is the Predator.

I'd blow it away despite it being " stronger and faster " I have weapons. The Predators can create weapons so don't bash them.

The aiens are like animals who only rely on what they naturally have. Aliens have been felded by machine gun fire.

Predators have taken number machine gun shots.

I disagree with that analogy. A lion doesn't have a thick exoskeleton which is nigh impervious to standard rounds, a lion doesn't have the most corrosive substance known as a bodily fluid, a lion cannot break down metal bulkheads or lift a person without any visible effort, a lion cannot run on almost any surface, a lion cannot withstand temperatures in excess of 1000s of degrees centigrade, a lion doesn't have the intelligence or problem solving capabilities to figure out how to cut the power to a facility, and a lion cannot survive in the vacuum of space. Also, your machine gun comment is inaccurate. According to the films, standard rounds can only puncture if fired from point blank range, and even armour-piercing rounds are sometimes deflected off of the outer shell. Conversely, Predators have been shown to be vulnerable to standard rounds, as shown in the first film. Most of the bullets missed, but the few that made their target injured him enough to require medical action.

Quote from: keylight-di on Mar 01, 2010, 04:00:40 PM
@Rahul. I tell you something, as a Pred-fan.
If Xenos would not be perfect, they would not be considered as ultimate Prey. But they are perfect. They are the embodiment of Black Warrior, hidden in the dark. Only the best can deal with it and survive. They are definition, which is measured by courage, martial art, and simply survival. They are a response to the ancient search for the meaning of excellence. They are drug, driving the race to the summit. They are equal. Otherwise, everything would be meaningless.
Reduction them to equipment of the dojo, to the aim for the plasma canon, it is simply blasphemy. Pride, which is the most dangerous enemy of every fighter.
Remember about Celtic, Scar or Chopper ....  ;)

I love how eloquently you put things. :)

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 02, 2010, 02:16:00 AM
Quote from: The PredBen on Mar 01, 2010, 03:12:17 PM
I think aliens are cool as hell. :)

But in a fight the Predator would win.

Aliens , minus Kanes son , have shown animal level intelligence and rely on instincts.

Lets say a Lion represents and alien and me with a shot gun is the Predator.

I'd blow it away despite it being " stronger and faster " I have weapons. The Predators can create weapons so don't bash them.

The aiens are like animals who only rely on what they naturally have. Aliens have been felded by machine gun fire.

Predators have taken number machine gun shots.

I disagree with that analogy. A lion doesn't have a thick exoskeleton which is nigh impervious to standard rounds, a lion doesn't have the most corrosive substance known as a bodily fluid, a lion cannot break down metal bulkheads or lift a person without any visible effort, a lion cannot run on almost any surface, a lion cannot withstand temperatures in excess of 1000s of degrees centigrade, and a lion cannot survive in the vacuum of space. Also, your machine gun comment is inaccurate. According to the films, standard rounds can only puncture if fired from point blank range, and even armour-piercing rounds are sometimes deflected off of the outer shell. Conversely, Predators have been shown to be vulnerable to standard rounds, as shown in the first film. Most of the bullets missed, but the few that made their target injured him enough to require medical action.

You forgot that lions can't cut the power.

ShadowStalker

ShadowStalker

And they dont have a Hive mentality

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Ah, yes. I'll add intelligence.

Reaper Pred

Reaper Pred

Quote from: 08yeyinde on Mar 01, 2010, 08:27:51 PM
Well, I found predators a very mysterious race, and I have many questions about them. It's a matter of taste.

To the debate I'd like to say something.
@ Rahul
First those creatures can be compared, but clearly saying the hunter from p1 would defeat an alien like that would be a piece of cake... can be said, but lacks meaning. Even if you do the comparsion, there's the problem predators go after strong prey, which (according to p1) can kill them. So if you want to make any sense to the debate, you have to assume an alien has a chance to kill a predator. This way you could say a predator could kill an ewok, muhahahaha. Don't degrade my favourite creature!
You can't compare p1 and alien, it doesn't have a meaning again. The alien doesn't fight in that movie, it doesn't take any damage or a single attack. You can't know how much can it endure. So at least aliens must be concerned. (Or you can make concepts on your own, but in a debate like this that is irrelevant). Then, you know the facts about that film, so I'd be rather concerned with Predator 1. First: the shoulder canon can kill a human, when it hits it fully. Dutch didn't die, and the m-203 didn't fall to pieces. So one must assume it doesn't have the greatest devastating power. And it makes sense of course: is there a point in attacking a boar with a tactical missile? The wristblade didn't penetrate a rock. I hope you remember Aliens, and how much they endure. So according just this, and these movies it cannot be told, which of them would win. I don't have a solid opinion if just those two movies are concerned. I'd say predator, just because it can use hunting tactics and is smarter (and maybe as agile, but weaker) than an alien and I like that much more than alien :D. But it doesn't mean it can be deduced from those movies nor I underestimate aliens, that would be foolish. And would mean death (reference: p1, think). God, it's long. Listen to yourself:
Quotei would like to put my own brain to use
Will work, don't worry ;)
aahhhhhhh!!!!!!
guess my posts/points/ were a bouncer to u!
Back to square one for u!
guess i'll hav to self destruct!

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Uh oh. *runs for cover*

Reaper Pred

Reaper Pred

Quote from: 08yeyinde on Mar 01, 2010, 08:27:51 PM
"You can't compare p1 and alien, it doesn't have a meaning again"
eh.... ????.......huh.........?...??????? Why...?

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Quoteeh.... ????.......huh.........?...??????? Why...?

As I said, because the alien in that movie doesn't fight, or take any real attack. It's speed is not represented well (except for the scene wit Dallas), only it's strenght. That's the only thing you can rely on. Every other aspects must be assumptions, which cannot be reliable in your case, when you state the pred would kill an alien easily imo. That's why you need at least Aliens I think.

No, your posts weren't bouncers. I see what you're telling, but I think you should put more effort to it before stating such a radical statement. That's all, and it's only what I think. An opinion. You don't need to self destruct.

Reaper Pred

Reaper Pred

Quote from: 08yeyinde on Mar 02, 2010, 06:11:21 AM
Quoteeh.... ????.......huh.........?...??????? Why...?

As I said, because the alien in that movie doesn't fight, or take any real attack. It's speed is not represented well (except for the scene wit Dallas), only it's strenght. That's the only thing you can rely on. Every other aspects must be assumptions, which cannot be reliable in your case, when you state the pred would kill an alien easily imo. That's why you need at least Aliens I think.

No, your posts weren't bouncers. I see what you're telling, but I think you should put more effort to it before stating such a radical statement. That's all, and it's only what I think. An opinion. You don't need to self destruct.
U do realise that assumption is wat created "AVP" ...right?
i would hav considered all of avp universe rightly canon if
ridley and  McTiernan or the creature designers collaborate/shared some thoughts together/watever...i mean ..they created them! so wat they tell ..is CANON! ..IMHO

SiL

SiL

Going by just the original movies, Predators probably wouldn't bother hunting Aliens anyway.

The only reason they got together in the first place was Aliens being an action movie.

Reaper Pred

Reaper Pred

Quote from: SiL on Mar 02, 2010, 06:47:33 AM
Going by just the original movies, Predators probably wouldn't bother hunting Aliens anyway.

The only reason they got together in the first place was Aliens being an action movie.
If i'm lying am dyin...BELIEVE ME... :)
i thought of the crossover before i knew it already existed!!

SiL

SiL

Right. You saw Alien, then Predator - completely missing Aliens - and thought they should go together?

Uh-huh.

Reaper Pred

Reaper Pred

Quote from: SiL on Mar 02, 2010, 08:01:36 AM
Right. You saw Alien, then Predator - completely missing Aliens - and thought they should go together?

Uh-huh.
Nope smarty pants....like i said earlier..i wasn't born when alien/aliens came out! i Saw the predator first...
all of the movies(a/p) viewed on cable/vhs...
i watched the alien series much later!!

Reaper Pred

Reaper Pred

Done interrogating????

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed