Fred Dekker Says Predator 4 Script Complete

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 30, 2015, 09:43:54 AM

Author
Fred Dekker Says Predator 4 Script Complete (Read 47,374 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 02, 2015, 02:29:31 PM
All the others just felt kinda cringey.

No arguing there. I just hate people throwing it at Predators as if every piece of dialogue in the film was taken from the other 2.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, that's fair comment. The reused stuff was, by and large, done way too overtly, but there was some pretty decent original dialogue in there in places. The whole "we're the game" bit was cool. In fact most of Royce's lines were pretty good.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 02, 2015, 02:40:23 PM
Yeah, that's fair comment. The reused stuff was, by and large, done way too overtly, but there was some pretty decent original dialogue in there in places. The whole "we're the game" bit was cool. In fact most of Royce's lines were pretty good.

Royce's lines sucked, especially with that Batman-Bale voice.Couldn't stop laughing and face palming.

HuDaFuK

Given that Brody was so obviously mis-cast, I thought he actually did really well with the role.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 02, 2015, 02:49:57 PM
Given that Brody was so obviously mis-cast, I thought he actually did really well with the role.

And in the script Royce had a cool intro, he was hunting some bum using thermal vision googles and ultimately set the guy on fire, just after that he is abducted by the Ipod super ultra black predators.And they didn't filmed it  :laugh:

TheBATMAN

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 02, 2015, 02:23:20 PM

Long Tall Sally was during the credits and had no bearing on the film.

Exactly. Hence why it wasn't needed and was just another pointless homage.

In terms of the dialogue I'm sure there are more nods and references then that although my memory is hazy. But overall it was just too similar. Royce covering himself in mud, Hanzo's last stand, the mini-gun, etc etc. It was all a bit too much and it spoiled it in my opinion. Subtle homages are fine, but this film felt like it was ramming them down our throats every few minutes.

Clearly the film is at is strongest when focusing on the original stuff. The opening sequence of Royce falling is superbly original and probably the best opening in the franchise. The twist with the game preserve planet is excellent and the exploration of the Alien drill was interesting. The River Ghost was also cool and whether or not the Predator attack dogs worked, it was still a new, interesting concept.

But all that was overshadowed because the film tried too hard to be like the first one, as if using it as a kind of safety net.

Mike

Mike

I know the mini gun was same as the first movie but I actually thought it was really cool because you have the ultimate badass weapon at your disposal and the odds of that thing helping you to survive is not even 50/50 on this horrifiying home world filled with creatures and Predators. The mini gun scene against the hounds alone was nothing. Nickolai was shooting like 50 rounds on one of the hounds and it was still standing. Then after one caster shot by The Berserker Predator destroyed the gun completely. It had no chance but does make you feel protected for alil while. That's how cool I thought it was to have that weapon in the film. It's just so scarey to know that the most ultimate hand held weapon by a man will be useless on this planet but it does make you feel very protected. Nolands gun was probably on par with the mini gun in a way. It was one shot kill for the River ghost. And most likey he killed 3 Preds with that as we'll.

LordCassusSnow

I don't get why people wanted to see Billy fight the pred in predator. They tried in predators and look how cheesy it was. The guy in the suit was slow as hell and the fight was no where near as fast paced as the end fight in Predator 2. Plus if preds were upping the anty after every hunt then why didn't they equip themselves with sharper blades to break through japanese steel as they obviously fought human sword wielders in the past?? Billy was bad ass man, i mean big! But preds are bigger and by the time it was billys turn to die i knew, as well as he, that there was simply no competition. The hanzo fight should have been the same. It's like lamberts death in alien. You don't see it on screen but you have a picture in your mind. And that can be terrifying depending on your imagination or in predators case something more awesome then what we got from nimrod. Besides, i'm sure the pred just plasma casted billy or knocked him off that log. If you think about it, it takes no time at all for the pred to catch up with arnie and the gang after hearing billy scream. That boy had to be runnin fast to cover that gap. Also, not referring to something that came before doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Theres no law in movies stating if anything thats come before isn't mentioned in the future, then it simply doesn't exist? No. completely ignorant and wrong. That being said, if there was a reference to predator 2, nimrod should have given us an insane harrigan instead of noland. That would have been awesome!

TheBATMAN

I've always wanted to see a Predator wielding some type of ornamental sword. I know the elder has one in P2 but something we actually get to see in combat.

For me I'd like to see a Predator film in a WW1 setting in the trenches then we flash forward some 100 years later to a future setting where that same Predator returns with trophies from that original hunt and is tracking down descendants of that original battle.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Dec 02, 2015, 04:41:07 PMFor me I'd like to see a Predator film in a WW1 setting in the trenches then we flash forward some 100 years later to a future setting where that same Predator returns with trophies from that original hunt and is tracking down descendants of that original battle.

I did really enjoy how Concrete Jungle kept switching between 1930s gangsters and 2030s future.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on Dec 02, 2015, 04:29:34 PM
I don't get why people wanted to see Billy fight the pred in predator. They tried in predators and look how cheesy it was. The guy in the suit was slow as hell and the fight was no where near as fast paced as the end fight in Predator 2. Plus if preds were upping the anty after every hunt then why didn't they equip themselves with sharper blades to break through japanese steel as they obviously fought human sword wielders in the past?? Billy was bad ass man, i mean big! But preds are bigger and by the time it was billys turn to die i knew, as well as he, that there was simply no competition. The hanzo fight should have been the same. It's like lamberts death in alien. You don't see it on screen but you have a picture in your mind. And that can be terrifying depending on your imagination or in predators case something more awesome then what we got from nimrod. Besides, i'm sure the pred just plasma casted billy or knocked him off that log. If you think about it, it takes no time at all for the pred to catch up with arnie and the gang after hearing billy scream. That boy had to be runnin fast to cover that gap. Also, not referring to something that came before doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Theres no law in movies stating if anything thats come before isn't mentioned in the future, then it simply doesn't exist? No. completely ignorant and wrong. That being said, if there was a reference to predator 2, nimrod should have given us an insane harrigan instead of noland. That would have been awesome!
Imagine if billy was alive like he had a fight with the predator and it knocked billy of the bridge and billy screamed while falling down(maybe as a DLC in a Predator isolation game (just like Alien isolation DLC had you play as a Ripley)

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

Quick question, which of the 2 approaches of this Predator film are you more interested in. A continuation that involves Arnold's character Dutch Schaffer returning and further devolving him, a concept that feels like a continuation of the first film, regardless whether it takes the other sequels into a account it strongly ties to the original film.

Or the other approach which is what has happened before with the other Predator sequels which have an episodic quality, isolated incidences involving a Predator hunt, continuity isn't too important, its simply a new film featuring the Predator, with no returning characters or continuing narrative arc. Just a new story feature the Predator we all know and love.
The Return of Arnold would be a warm welcome, though at his age may put that in doubt and come across as forced, still getting over how cool he was in Terminator Genisys though the movie didn't hold up that great.

The other possibilities are seeing a Predator movie in different time periods, while I'm not too crazy about the whole prequel angle because, it could be an interesting approach.

Which is more inciting? Straight up tie in to events sequel or stand alone movie.

Another question, a percent of Aliens fans are divided over the approach Blomkamp wanted to take with his Alien movie heavily suggesting he wanted to make a movie following Alien and Aliens "Lets Not get into the whole, I won't believe anything about retconing until they officially announce it".

Whereas Predators continuity doesn't tie directly as progressive story line like Alien, Predator film involve isolated incidence where a Predator shows up to hunt.The Predator sequel have a brief mention of the original films events and expand the mythology it their own way.

Which are you more interested in? Shane's Predator or Neill's Alien "Assuming Fox's delaying of the film hasn't canned it entirely"

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Dec 02, 2015, 05:09:06 PM
Quick question, which of the 2 approaches of this Predator film are you more interested in. A continuation that involves Arnold's character Dutch Schaffer returning and further devolving him, a concept that feels like a continuation of the first film, regardless whether it takes the other sequels into a account it strongly ties to the original film.

Or the other approach which is what has happened before with the other Predator sequels which have an episodic quality, isolated incidences involving a Predator hunt, continuity isn't too important, its simply a new film featuring the Predator, with no returning characters or continuing narrative arc. Just a new story feature the Predator we all know and love.
The Return of Arnold would be a warm welcome, though at his age may put that in doubt and come across as forced, still getting over how cool he was in Terminator Genisys though the movie didn't hold up that great.

The other possibilities are seeing a Predator movie in different time periods, while I'm not too crazy about the whole prequel angle because, it could be an interesting approach.

Which is more inciting? Straight up tie in to events sequel or stand alone movie.

Another question, a percent of Aliens fans are divided over the approach Blomkamp wanted to take with his Alien movie heavily suggesting he wanted to make a movie following Alien and Aliens "Lets Not get into the whole, I won't believe anything about retconing until they officially announce it".

Whereas Predators continuity doesn't tie directly as progressive story line like Alien, Predator film involve isolated incidence where a Predator shows up to hunt.The Predator sequel have a brief mention of the original films events and expand the mythology it their own way.

Which are you more interested in? Shane's Predator or Neill's Alien "Assuming Fox's delaying of the film hasn't canned it entirely"
Shanes predator

LordCassusSnow

Shanes Predator hands down. I mean i love the 4 Alien movies equally because each was so different. I knew terminator genisys was gonna be crap on account of it erases 1 and two. I still to this day demand to know why james cameron had such high praises about a movie that shits all over his. Alien 5 or 3.0 or whatever is gonna be crap because its a sequel to jims Aliens coming from an Alien/hicks fanboy and weve seen that so many times already. The last Aliens/hicks fanboys made colonial marines and look what happened there people. In my personal opinion, fox should just let the alien and predator movies be and give us better Avp movies and more engineers. If anything. Otherwise we should all protest by making our own fanboy movies about what WE think would have been better prequels or sequels and flood youtube with em.

Jigsaw85

I hope this really is a fresh take on predator and I don't mean a simple change in scenery like predator 2 did. We don't need another movie with a bunch of clueless humans running around going "What the hell was that thing?" "How do we kill it?" We need characters that actually know what they're getting themselves into for once. Which is why I'm disappointed that we aren't getting a sequel to Predators because I would have loved to have seen Royce and Isebelle take the fight to the predators.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed