Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 965,768 times)

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: King Rathalos on Jun 05, 2013, 04:26:59 AM
Oblivion

This game is srs bsnss. :P

Yeah, I'm playing that too. The new quests in Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul are bugging me; some feel very clunky and incongruous, and none of them have quest markers.  >:(

Also, non-mod-related, but the duration of Oblivion's magic effects bugs me. I hate that voyaging out into the middle of nowhere to find a wayshrine will only bag me the magical effect for a few minutes, and that I can't create any spells longer-lasting than 120 seconds.
To add insult to injury, the only mod I could find that improves magic duration is Supreme Magicka, which adds a shit-ton of unnecessary... shit.

WinterActual

WinterActual

I decided to play some BC2. Compared to BF3 its like the best game ever made. The gameplay is so smooth and fluid. And most importantly - everybody is using a different weapon. Its not like in BF3 where its all about the AEK, M16, SKS, etc you know what I am talking about. Also the maps are so good. I am amazed how good they are compared to the maps in BF3.. If BF4 can deliver such maps and variety in the weapon handling like in BC2 - I will buy it for sure.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Kamen Rider Battride War

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Oblivion

Two guards just killed eachother. :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: King Rathalos on Jun 05, 2013, 11:09:12 PM
Oblivion

So the guards are somehow more retarded than they were in Skyrim? :laugh:

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 06, 2013, 12:34:48 AM
Oblivion

So the guards are somehow more retarded than they were in Skyrim? :laugh:
Well, Oblivion did come before Skyrim.  :P

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

In the United States Joint Strike Force I started out a Captain but am now a Brigadier General in WW3 in the game EndWar, and commander of the 16th Armoured Battalion.

QuoteThe 16th Armored Battalion is a forward-deployed cavalry centric force capable of conducting offensive and selected special operations under any environmental conditions.

After launching a successful and daring raid on a significant power plant that was European but later fell into Russian hands, Russia retaliates by send an air attack and I am the defender of Washington D.C. I successfully defend Washington then later drive the Russians off American soil. Next I gain ground north-west of Moscow and am in marching distance of the city but am ordered away to wage a campaign against the European Enforcers Corps in southern Europe. Spain falls first, then I push my 16th armoured battalion east as far as Greece (while raiding air fields along the way) then turn my attention north against Russians invading European soil and win my first major battle against the infamous Alpha Brigade of the Spetnaz in the Battle of Brenner Pass.

But then bad news comes, while my victory was mighty a friendly AI battalion is defeated by the Russians and Greece which I had taken is now in Russian hands. Plus my main goal of the war was to take Moscow, but it seems it has already fallen to the European Federation, and Europe is moving on the ground I previously gained up there.

So when I get back to the game, my first move will be to enter in another major battle on an air base against the Russians, when this base falls to my hands the Russians will lose all air power. On the bright side, I'm getting closer to Paris in the process.

The cool things about my battalion is that I only get two rifleman platoons, but I have compensated for that by making them elite, highly trained and advanced, and very battle hardened badasses. They particularly shine when the enemy upgrades a satellite uplink so they can call in air strikes or regular army reinforcements. I send these elite enemy rifleman platoons behind enemy lines by air to capture these uplinks and deny the enemy airstrikes or regular army reinforcements. To relive them I usually launch a blitzkrieg strike of my powerful tank force as well as mechanized transports and mobile artillery, and use engineers to capture uplinks that end up behind my blitz spearhead. This usually ends with the enemy landing zone (spawn point) being overrun by my forces.

The pride and joy of my armoured battalions is the tank squadrons, all of them have seen battle. My battalion bonus means my tanks have 10% more firepower but -5% health, but I've spent millions into upgrading their defences so they are still very tough tanks. Before I got off I upgraded all my tank squadrons with special high explosive rounds. Their attack has also been greatly upgraded and their mobility is fully upgraded.

I'm also happy that I have mobile artillery with upgraded range and mobility, because there were some pretty bloody battles which if I didn't have that mobile artillery it would of gotten really damn ugly on my end.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jun 06, 2013, 01:45:38 AM
In the United States Joint Strike Force I started out a Captain but am now a Brigadier General in WW3 in the game EndWar, and commander of the 16th Armoured Battalion.

QuoteThe 16th Armored Battalion is a forward-deployed cavalry centric force capable of conducting offensive and selected special operations under any environmental conditions.

After launching a successful and daring raid on a significant power plant that was European but later fell into Russian hands, Russia retaliates by send an air attack and I am the defender of Washington D.C. I successfully defend Washington then later drive the Russians off American soil. Next I gain ground north-west of Moscow and am in marching distance of the city but am ordered away to wage a campaign against the European Enforcers Corps in southern Europe. Spain falls first, then I push my 16th armoured battalion east as far as Greece (while raiding air fields along the way) then turn my attention north against Russians invading European soil and win my first major battle against the infamous Alpha Brigade of the Spetnaz in the Battle of Brenner Pass.

But then bad news comes, while my victory was mighty a friendly AI battalion is defeated by the Russians and Greece which I had taken is now in Russian hands. Plus my main goal of the war was to take Moscow, but it seems it has already fallen to the European Federation, and Europe is moving on the ground I previously gained up there.

So when I get back to the game, my first move will be to enter in another major battle on an air base against the Russians, when this base falls to my hands the Russians will lose all air power. On the bright side, I'm getting closer to Paris in the process.

The cool things about my battalion is that I only get two rifleman platoons, but I have compensated for that by making them elite, highly trained and advanced, and very battle hardened badasses. They particularly shine when the enemy upgrades a satellite uplink so they can call in air strikes or regular army reinforcements. I send these elite enemy rifleman platoons behind enemy lines by air to capture these uplinks and deny the enemy airstrikes or regular army reinforcements. To relive them I usually launch a blitzkrieg strike of my powerful tank force as well as mechanized transports and mobile artillery, and use engineers to capture uplinks that end up behind my blitz spearhead. This usually ends with the enemy landing zone (spawn point) being overrun by my forces.

The pride and joy of my armoured battalions is the tank squadrons, all of them have seen battle. My battalion bonus means my tanks have 10% more firepower but -5% health, but I've spent millions into upgrading their defences so they are still very tough tanks. Before I got off I upgraded all my tank squadrons with special high explosive rounds. Their attack has also been greatly upgraded and their mobility is fully upgraded.

I'm also happy that I have mobile artillery with upgraded range and mobility, because there were some pretty bloody battles which if I didn't have that mobile artillery it would of gotten really damn ugly on my end.
So when do you start quickscoping?  :P

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

This ain't Call of Duty son.

And when I think about it I've actually never quick scoped before, not intentionally at least. I think this is a good thing.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Oh believe me I know, EndWar was my first RTS and one of my favorites, I was terrible at it, but it was still one of my favorites. And its a very good thing you have never quickscoped, its a plague on military games

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I like it, but it was also a piss off too. Because back in my achievement hunting days I did all that was required and I won as all three factions on the hardest difficulty, a long and weary task.

Didn't get the achievement... twice. I think it's a glitch.

Terx2

Terx2

Predator Concrete Jungle

I love this game. 

Oblivion

That doesn't surprise me. I once broke out of jail with a spell while the guard was watching me. Took him a while to realise I was a criminal :laugh:

Vertigo

Vertigo

Another bit of Oblivion genius is that horse theft is only a crime if someone sees you get on the horse. You can parade the stolen horse in front of its owner and make it jump on his head, and he'll just be all "Look at the muscles on you!".

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: Vertigo on Jun 06, 2013, 10:10:45 AM
Another bit of Oblivion genius is that horse theft is only a crime if someone sees you get on the horse. You can parade the stolen horse in front of its owner and make it jump on his head, and he'll just be all "Look at the muscles on you!".

They kept that in skyrim ;D

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Splinter Cell

Only ever played Pandora Tomorrow before, which I really enjoyed. Figured I should give the original a go. Still on the first mission (just snuck into the police precinct). I'm really enjoying it so far; lots of fun coming up with creative ways to distract, avoid, and take out the guards.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed