Recent posts

Recreational Area / Re: Last TV Show You Watched
Last post by Local Trouble - Yesterday at 11:38:23 PM
Quote from: Prez on Yesterday at 10:30:14 PM3 Body Problem - Episode 1. Hmmm. Not sure about this one. Should I persist?

I liked it.

Spoiler
Which means it'll probably be the one thing you won't.
[close]
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by The Cruentus - Yesterday at 11:25:00 PM
Hollis I think the character was.
Last post by Local Trouble - Yesterday at 11:23:58 PM
Last post by The Cruentus - Yesterday at 11:20:48 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Yesterday at 11:18:00 PMFacehuggers don't even need to make physical contact anymore.  They just projectile-jizz in the host's general direction and that does the trick.  It's a drive-by impregnation.

In the comic defiance I think? A character is simply hit in the lip by a facehugger and it later turns out she was infected. While SM said otherwise on the cause, I think the comic was implying that being hit in the lip is what caused it.
Last post by Local Trouble - Yesterday at 11:18:00 PM
Facehuggers don't even need to make physical contact anymore.  They just projectile-jizz in the host's general direction and that does the trick.  It's a drive-by impregnation.
Last post by Mike’s Monsters - Yesterday at 11:16:01 PM
I really can't see them showing much of the things folks have concerns about in the trailers. They're framed as twists and surprises in the film.
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Yesterday at 11:14:49 PM
Facehuggers implant instantly in it! Of course it is worthwhile.
AvP Galaxy News / Re: What Is Canon & Should We ...
Last post by SM - Yesterday at 11:07:33 PM
You might be right there actually.

EDIT

Here we go (I don't know when Mike wrote this, but Anchorpoint has been offline a long time now)

QuoteThe Development Theory

The current, and most widely accepted theory, suggests that the use of the tube-like mouth parts may not be for the depositing of an embryo in the chest of the potential host organism, but possibly a means of regulating TTXIR which renders the host unconscious and the introduction of a viral agent - which would then make the host body responsible for the creation of an embryo in much the same fashion that an organ may be produced through the creation and designation/specialization of various cells, via restructured genetic coding. Under such an idea it is easily seen how an Alien embryo would be able to adapt to varying host organisms, and vise versa. This idea would also better explain the positioning of the embryo in the host's mediastinum, when the Facehugger's mouthparts are known to only extend part way down the host's esophagus.

The use of the host's esophagus is still vital to the play of this particular theory. The esophagus' lining is a mucus membrane, which would greatly aid in the transmission of genetic material. Once the DNA restructuring material has successfully altered the host's genetic code the host body would then begin the development and growth of the I. raptus embryo as if it were part of its own physiology. In effect the host organism's body is being told to create the embryo in the "free area" of the chest by it's own modified DNA. An additional benefit to altering a host's DNA so as to plant an embryo is there would be no rejection of the embryo as it is now seen as part of the host organism's natural structure. For more information on this please see the DNA Reflex essay.
The 'saucer ship' in A:CM was the round pilot chamber and chair.  Flying in space.  Going pew pew. At a Derelict flying backwards.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed