Prometheus Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, May 30, 2012, 05:46:52 AM

In short, what did you think of the film?

Loved it! (5/5)
143 (32.3%)
Good, but not great (4/5)
148 (33.4%)
It was okay, nothing good (3/5)
69 (15.6%)
Didn't care for it (2/5)
30 (6.8%)
It sucked (1/5)
27 (6.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
26 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 440

Author
Prometheus Fan Reviews (Read 321,739 times)

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

OMG guys you can't say you didn't like Prometheus here in the Prometheus board. The Prometheus defense force will come in here just like they did before, they're gonna come in here AND THEY'RE GONNA GET US!

Alien³

Alien³

After watching the Blu-ray and all the extras, I'm loving it more and more with each viewing. I hope to god that we get an extended cut within the next year, and a sequel soon. I want more!

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on Oct 14, 2012, 02:37:04 PM
OMG guys you can't say you didn't like Prometheus here in the Prometheus board. The Prometheus defense force will come in here just like they did before, they're gonna come in here AND THEY'RE GONNA GET US!
W  I  N  .

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: RagingDragon on Oct 15, 2012, 11:27:32 PM
Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on Oct 14, 2012, 02:37:04 PM
W  I  N  .

Umm, actually, you guys are wrong. The plot was just too deep for you guys. And, umm, you guys are just stuck with Alien, you will never like anything else...Yeah, that didn't last long.  :laugh: :laugh:

^^ That was all sarcasm, in case somebody may have missed it.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Alien³ on Oct 15, 2012, 10:47:17 PM
After watching the Blu-ray and all the extras, I'm loving it more and more with each viewing. I hope to god that we get an extended cut within the next year, and a sequel soon. I want more!
I don't love the movie but I'd like to see either one of those, extended or sequel.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I think an extended cut would confuse people even more. We're not getting any more answers without a sequel, that's for sure.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 16, 2012, 10:53:43 AM
I think an extended cut would confuse people even more. We're not getting any more answers without a sequel, that's for sure.

What answers are you seeking?

I want an extended cut (including the deleted scenes we've got on the blu-ray) to clear up answers to questions like, why did Janek know it was some sort of military installation? Why did Milburn jump with excitement at the Hammerpede? Did the other characters acknowledge the baby trilobite?

With these scenes put back it it would make for a more solid movie. I think.

Prime113

Prime113

With Janek, its not entirely implausible that a normal man could come up with that. Actually, it wouldn't be that hard at all.

And, with the Hamerpede... Really? Did no one else realize why he got excited? I didn't think something like that would need an explanation.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Alien³ on Oct 16, 2012, 08:36:59 PM

I want an extended cut (including the deleted scenes we've got on the blu-ray) to clear up answers to questions like, why did Janek know it was some sort of military installation? Why did Milburn jump with excitement at the Hammerpede? Did the other characters acknowledge the baby trilobite?

With these scenes put back it it would make for a more solid movie. I think.

The Trilobite scene with Vickers would be great.  That entire portion of the movie, after Holloway's death, is just ridiculously paced.  I feel like it's just jumping from one set piece to the next as fast as possible.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Prime113 on Oct 16, 2012, 08:39:09 PM
With Janek, its not entirely implausible that a normal man could come up with that. Actually, it wouldn't be that hard at all.

And, with the Hamerpede... Really? Did no one else realize why he got excited? I didn't think something like that would need an explanation.

Some people complained about Janek coming up with that theory with no indication as to how he came to that conclusion.

And people knew why he got excited they just were annoyed that he was still excited, if (moments before) he had been terrified to a giant dead alien and not a living hostile Hammerpede.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Yeah, the hammerpede was clearly hissing and acting defensive. Milburn turned into a moron.

BANE

BANE

Defensive? I doubt that. It came up to them, after all.

Offensive, maybe.

Valaquen

Valaquen

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Alien³ on Oct 16, 2012, 08:36:59 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 16, 2012, 10:53:43 AM

Some more explanation regarding the Jockies would be nice, in terms who they are and where they came from.

Deuterium

Deuterium

Just to bring things back to the harsh light of reality...

In "Close Encounters of the Third Kind", the motivations of the extraterrestrials may have remained a bit nebulous and uncertain...but the motivations of the friggin' humans were NEVER unclear, uncertain, confusing, or required a further sequel to explain.  Furthermore, the inscrutability of the "CE3K" aliens left things actually interesting, and something to ponder.

IMHO, with CE3K, we have a masterpiece...one for "ages", as it were.  With Prometheus, we have a film that will be shown on the SyFy network next year.  I very much doubt (again, IMHO) that anyone will be talking about it 30+ years from now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed