Prometheus Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, May 30, 2012, 05:46:52 AM

In short, what did you think of the film?

Loved it! (5/5)
143 (32.3%)
Good, but not great (4/5)
148 (33.4%)
It was okay, nothing good (3/5)
69 (15.6%)
Didn't care for it (2/5)
30 (6.8%)
It sucked (1/5)
27 (6.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
26 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 440

Author
Prometheus Fan Reviews (Read 321,779 times)

Highland

Highland

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jul 19, 2012, 09:11:08 PM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jul 17, 2012, 04:44:34 PM
JimSmash put up his review: http://jimsmash.blogspot.com/2012/07/alien-fans-thoughts-on-prometheus.html

Finally some one other than me points out that the story of Prom was seen before in a Star Trek TNG episode.

Pretty sure Star Trek and Stargate have every possible Sci-Fi event involving space covered. Get's like that after about 200 episodes.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I can't remember the last time a film split fans this much. I don't think even the best comic book movies accomplished this.

¿xenoyuatja?

¿xenoyuatja?

Quote from: Xenoscream on May 30, 2012, 01:22:55 PM

Summary:

I wanted to love this film, but some of the stuff in it really shits on Alien, human space jockeys, creatures which would make h.r.giger laugh, a complete set up for another movie, which is almost cringe worthy. These are things which hurt me as a fan, that aside it is a good movie... Id give it a 5/10 as a fan and a 7/10 for anyone else.

Final message is this: Ridley why the f**k did you have h.r.giger on your set and not use him, the murals were the best damn thing in the whole movie (im not kidding) (someone even says "look murals" lol) and also it's clear Ridley is a big avp fan boy (you'll know what I mean when you see it)

Final note an hour after I wrote this, don't be put off, it is a good film, just not the prequel I personaly was hoping for.

I agree completly with this guy. Hes absolutly right on everything.

SM

SM

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 21, 2012, 05:51:21 PM
I can't remember the last time a film split fans this much. I don't think even the best comic book movies accomplished this.

Over 85% of voters give it 3/5 or higher.

Hardly call that "split".

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Star Wars, the prequels either sucked or where fine. Star Wars fandom split tremendously at that point.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jul 22, 2012, 02:30:23 AM

Star Wars, the prequels either sucked or where fine. Star Wars fandom split tremendously at that point.

Nah. Star Wars (wrongly, in my opinion) got more hate than Prometheus did.

SM

SM

Way more.  Over the top as it was.  And remains to this day.

And yet, they still turn out more positive than negative reactions.

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 22, 2012, 03:14:33 AM

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 22, 2012, 03:14:33 AM

I'd have to agree with you... the Star Wars prequels were/are a lot more contentious than Prometheus.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Star Wars is more mainstream.  I wonder precentage wise what would be the difference.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Jul 21, 2012, 11:20:16 PM

Over 85% of voters give it 3/5 or higher.

Hardly call that "split".

Good point. Though if the votes weren't visible, it would seem that way, based on what everyone is saying.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

More often than not, people who complain are more vocal than those who enjoyed something.

A similar situation that stands out to me is the constant Avengers vs TDKR fighting on the internet. Most people outside the internet loved both (though for different reasons), but the internet is plagued with people fighting and bashing the opposing fanbase's film, saying that one deserves more money than the other and such.

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 22, 2012, 07:05:30 PM
More often than not, people who complain are more vocal than those who enjoyed something.

A similar situation that stands out to me is the constant Avengers vs TDKR fighting on the internet. Most people outside the internet loved both (though for different reasons), but the internet is plagued with people fighting and bashing the opposing fanbase's film, saying that one deserves more money than the other and such.
TDKR in my book...  :)

SM

SM

QuoteMore often than not, people who complain are more vocal than those who enjoyed something.

Yup.  And blithely claim that "everyone" hates the thing too.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SM on Jul 23, 2012, 12:29:39 AM
QuoteMore often than not, people who complain are more vocal than those who enjoyed something.

Yup.  And blithely claim that "everyone" hates the too.

Or at least, everyone of a certain intelligence :P

sugarhigh

sugarhigh

Finally watched it all the way through, and wow did  it suck. I almost gave up halfway through it was so embarrassing at points. The story/ plot were as bad as something you'd see on The Sci Fi Channel. The dialog and acting were terrible as well.  The only good thing  I can see comming out of this is if we get models/ toys of The juggernaut and pilot chair.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed