Predators and regrowing limbs, yay or nay?

Started by The Shuriken, May 18, 2022, 09:56:00 PM

Predators and regrowing limbs, yay or nay?

Yay
7 (19.4%)
Nay
29 (80.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author
Predators and regrowing limbs, yay or nay? (Read 7,005 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

We're way overdue for a Predator film where we find out City Hunter is alive and with a mechanical forearm and a life support tech implanted in his chest

Tbh

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 23, 2022, 08:54:21 PMWe're way overdue for a Predator film where we find out City Hunter is alive and with a mechanical forearm and a life support tech implanted in his chest

Tbh

It's really a direction you'd think the comics would've done.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 23, 2022, 08:54:21 PMWe're way overdue for a Predator film where we find out City Hunter is alive and with a mechanical forearm and a life support tech implanted in his chest

Tbh
Alternately, the severed forearm grew an entirely new body (which lacks higher motor functions), which plagues Los Angeles to this day with random killings, becoming something of an urban legend. The Demon of The Angels, El Demonio de Los Angeles.

Seriously though, no regrowing limbs.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 23, 2022, 09:51:12 PMIt's really a direction you'd think the comics would've done.
I'd make it a cameo more like

Neila

well, interesting idea but...yeah its already in the xenos house.
regrowing arm in the novel of the first movie, after an airlock door cut it up from the creature.
and also used in the avp extinction game.
i think prosthetics for the preds are much cooler, because they have futuristic technics and stuff.
the predator is strong enough an he has to got some points of weakness too because otherwise it would be unbeleavable and boring.
i mean whats next ?  wings ? magical powers ? hypnosis ?
the pred shouldn't be a superhero ;D and neither does the alien

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Neila on Aug 24, 2022, 07:43:17 PMhypnosis ?

Funny you should mention that one, actually...

Huntsman

Quote from: Neila on Aug 24, 2022, 07:43:17 PMthe pred shouldn't be a superhero ;D and neither does the alien
Agreed. What strengths they already have is enough.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Neila on Aug 24, 2022, 07:43:17 PMwell, interesting idea but...yeah its already in the xenos house.
regrowing arm in the novel of the first movie, after an airlock door cut it up from the creature.
and also used in the avp extinction game.
i think prosthetics for the preds are much cooler, because they have futuristic technics and stuff.
the predator is strong enough an he has to got some points of weakness too because otherwise it would be unbeleavable and boring.
i mean whats next ?  wings ? magical powers ? hypnosis ?
the pred shouldn't be a superhero ;D and neither does the alien

Being completely honest, I'd love to see a Predator with a Jetpack styled like the Vulture's wings. Maybe it doubles for wristblades IDK. You could call that movie Bird of PREY.

Car1os

Master

No. They don't regrow limbs. If that was the case, they wouldn't have medical technology that literally make them cauterize wound to the point of it being crispy.

Also Falconer had metalic left arm. In my head canon this is exactly the mechanical prosthetic and reminder of earlier hunt.

SiL

He doesn't have a metallic arm, but he does have a metal glove that evokes a falconer's gear.

Master

We don't see him ever remove it, so it might as well be a mechanical prosthetic, so the point stands. Also this is my head canon.

The Shuriken

Quote from: Master on Aug 26, 2022, 08:41:43 PMNo. They don't regrow limbs. If that was the case, they wouldn't have medical technology that literally make them cauterize wound to the point of it being crispy.

Also Falconer had metalic left arm. In my head canon this is exactly the mechanical prosthetic and reminder of earlier hunt.

My initial post was about SOME Predators having this ability. A very super rare genetic trait. Not thr entire species.

Immortan Jonesy

I wouldn't mind a Predator with a cyborg arm in the middle of the dieselpunk-like-Nowhere.  ;D

Master

Quote from: The Shuriken on Aug 31, 2022, 07:28:51 PM
Quote from: Master on Aug 26, 2022, 08:41:43 PMNo. They don't regrow limbs. If that was the case, they wouldn't have medical technology that literally make them cauterize wound to the point of it being crispy.

My initial post was about SOME Predators having this ability. A very super rare genetic trait. Not thr entire species.

Nah, I don't like it anyway. It couldn't have been fitting for such monstrosity like Upgrade. For normal Predator they are already packed plenty.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed