New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 121,259 times)

Nightmare Asylum

A Predator can just as easily wipe out modern soldiers. It wasn't Arnold's weapons that beat the Predator. It was his wits, a bow, and some logs. Pretty sure the lead in this movie is going to make out just fine.

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 01, 2020, 10:19:57 PM
A Predator can just as easily wipe out modern soldiers. It wasn't Arnold's weapons that beat the Predator. It was his wits, a bow, and some logs. Pretty sure the lead in this movie is going to make out just fine.

I get that and I'm eager to see it unfold; but Dutch used gunpowder from his grenades to fluster JH at the end; which was a huge part of his plan. Native Americans likely won't have firepower unless it's later in history and we essentially get "Cowboys vs Indians vs Predator" in which case, I'd be dead against it.

If the Pred had less tech and this was a sort of R&D mission for them I could sort of see if. EG - they see a group of Native Americans track and kill a group of Soldiers or a bear or something and they're just upskilling by copying then I can see that. But even then it's like "you have interstellar travel and space flight, WTF?"

I dunno. I'm just very worried they'll f**k the franchise again.

Kradan

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on Dec 01, 2020, 10:41:29 PM
I dunno. I'm just very worried they'll f**k the franchise again.

Oh sure, they will

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Dec 01, 2020, 07:42:26 AM
Quote from: Highland on Dec 01, 2020, 07:14:12 AM
Difference is they were a team of elites and in predator 2 it was gang crime.
And? The Predator has the tech and stealth to kill everyone pretty quickly if he really wanted to even in the original. In the second film it regularly jumps into rooms of people and butchers them all wholesale.

Film Predators have never cared much for even playing fields.

It's not about even playing fields. It's about not watching a predator blow up 16 locals with bows an arrows. I don't see the tension in that movie.

SiL

Why would you expect that to happen any more than blowing up 16 mercenaries in the original?

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Dec 02, 2020, 11:01:03 AM
Why would you expect that to happen any more than blowing up 16 mercenaries in the original?

In the original Dutches team are established as the best of the best, with long range Weapons to boot. It's basically the reason the movie works.

I think this movie will work if it's established the Natives are incredible hunter/trackers up against an incredible hunter tracker.

"No sport"

Corporal Hicks

From what I read up, the Comanche were incredible warriors. They basically took over a good majority of their surrounding areas, were one of the first to go horseback and just decimated others. They were f**king brutal. Worth reading up on.

SiL

Quote from: Highland on Dec 02, 2020, 11:09:02 AM
I think this movie will work if it's established the Natives are incredible hunter/trackers up against an incredible hunter tracker.
I don't understand why you'd expect anything less. The original set up that Dutch's team was top tier ... and that the Predator had the tech to blow them to pieces without them ever knowing. Dutch's team's technology was completely useless to them, that was kind of the entire point?

Whether that's top tier with M60s or top tier with bows and horses, it's pretty much the same.

Kradan

I think people will expect to see Predators to use 'em shoulder cannons whoever they're going up against

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on Dec 02, 2020, 11:44:36 AMI don't understand why you'd expect anything less. The original set up that Dutch's team was top tier ... and that the Predator had the tech to blow them to pieces without them ever knowing. Dutch's team's technology was completely useless to them, that was kind of the entire point?

Whether that's top tier with M60s or top tier with bows and horses, it's pretty much the same.

Once again, SiL's on point.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: SiL on Dec 02, 2020, 11:44:36 AM
I don't understand why you'd expect anything less. The original set up that Dutch's team was top tier ... and that the Predator had the tech to blow them to pieces without them ever knowing. Dutch's team's technology was completely useless to them, that was kind of the entire point?

I agree, the legendary jungle shooting scene is there to testify that modern weapons won't be enough to kill the predator, so after that it's a matter of wit and will to survive... And a bit of luck.

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Dec 02, 2020, 11:44:36 AM

We don't know that watching the movie at the time, that's the point. This just seems to keep flying over everyones heads when I'm saying a Predator movie NOW ( After seeing " The Predator") isn't going to land well if it's Predator weapons vs bows. We need something for the Predator to bounce off of, Aliens, Soldiers, Gangs for the Predator to feel powerful.

I'm not saying the movie can't be good, I'm saying I personally can't see the attraction of watching Predators blow up Indians, I'm gona need more than that, unless of course the female lead somehow works out how to de-arm the Predator.

I mean I dunno, maybe we are talking about the same thing.

Stitch

I think, after the Rafael Adolini reveal, a historical Predator movie is and has been the best move. I'm just surprised it took so long to actually make.

funk_master_chunk

I wouldn't mind historical flashbacks, but I'm really not sold on a feature length period piece.

SiL

Quote from: Highland on Dec 02, 2020, 12:43:50 PM
We don't know that watching the movie at the time, that's the point.
Yes, we do. We learn very, very quickly that the commandos are hopefully unprepared for what's against them, even with their technology. It's woven into their first encounter. We see them destroy the guerrillas, then we see them do nothing to the Predator but wound its leg with the same firepower.

QuoteWe need something for the Predator to bounce off of, Aliens, Soldiers, Gangs for the Predator to feel powerful.
No, we need a good story. We don't need gimmicky challenges. That's what's got us increasingly disappointing sequels, the notion that we have to bigger and better.

QuoteI'm not saying the movie can't be good, I'm saying I personally can't see the attraction of watching Predators blow up Indians, I'm gona need more than that, unless of course the female lead somehow works out how to de-arm the Predator.
I honestly do not understand where you're possibly getting the notion that the film would be 90 minutes of a Predator just massacring indigenous Americans and then ... what, leaving? ???

Obviously they're going to figure out a way to fight back against the Predator. If they didn't, there's no story.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed