Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 838,987 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

The Exorcist III (1990), standard cut
Never saw this before. Wasn't bad and certainly better than I expected. Will have to watch the director's cut when I have the chance.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 31, 2021, 12:31:00 PMIt was a trick question. Nothing is as good as Death Wish 3.

:laugh:

Prez

Prez

Godzilla v Kong

A lot of fun. Still has the annoying stupid humans in it (even more so - Millie Bobby Brown in particular whom I liked in KOTM was particularly annoying in this one).

But who gives a sh*t - the fights between Kong and Godzilla are brilliant. The speed, dynamics and visuals are polar opposites from the original Godzilla film and even a big step up from KOTM too.

Spoiler
Definitely Kong's film. Far more emotional focus on his story arc in this one. Godzilla is more in one dimensional than ever.
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 31, 2021, 02:20:23 PM
Never saw this before. Wasn't bad and certainly better than I expected. Will have to watch the director's cut when I have the chance.

I think I recommended this movie to you a few years ago! (along with another movie that shall never be named).  :)

I'm glad you liked it. I can't recommend this movie enough to people. And I just wish they called it "Exorcist: Legion" versus III being a retcon of II and a true sequel.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Or simply titled Legion.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 31, 2021, 02:30:18 PM

I think I recommended this movie to you a few years ago! (along with another movie that shall never be named).  :)

I'm glad you liked it. I can't recommend this movie enough to people. And I just wish they called it "Exorcist: Legion" versus III being a retcon of II and a true sequel.

Might be. Only remember the one that shall not be named.
I skipped part 2. Doesn't appeal to me.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, The Heretic is rough one to endure.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

III went through a series of ridiculous titles. The Exorcist: 15 Years Later, The Exorcist 1990, etc.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 31, 2021, 02:20:23 PM

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 31, 2021, 12:31:00 PMIt was a trick question. Nothing is as good as Death Wish 3.

:laugh:

https://list.lisimg.com/image/3980964/500full.jpg

Best jump scare ever in a film. First time I saw with friends back in the early 90s one of my mates jumped out of his seat and ran out of the room. HAHAHA.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Lifechanger (2018)
An interesting Horror film, nothing at all like i expected

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Tales From The Hood (1995)
Enjoyed this more than part 2.

Who Is Cletis Tout? (2001)
Average. Tries to be to many genres and doesn't succeed at one.
Tim Allen surprised me though. Best performance of him I ever saw (or maybe he just got a good part).

Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)
I like the little mythology there is in this franchise, everything else gets boring quick. Probably not bad if you like movies like this but I'm bored of going through the familiar motions and usual tropes.
At this point I prefer the approach of Shin Godzilla. That was able to surprise me in a positive way.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 31, 2021, 07:35:11 PM
III went through a series of ridiculous titles. The Exorcist: 15 Years Later, The Exorcist 1990, etc.

Similar case with the prequel.

Quote from: Prez on Mar 31, 2021, 10:59:17 PM
Best jump scare ever in a film. First time I saw with friends back in the early 90s one of my mates jumped out of his seat and ran out of the room. HAHAHA.

Which part was that?

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Apr 01, 2021, 03:41:00 AM

Quote from: Prez on Mar 31, 2021, 10:59:17 PM

Which part was that?

This scene ... you keep waiting for something to happen and then ... when it does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH8ynu0jRvY&ab_channel=InLucidity

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Haha, yes!  I myself literally heard that scene elicit screams. So good.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Superman II - The Donner Cut
Wow, this was great. Such a different movie. Wish we'd gotten this before 2006

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Candyman (1992)
First time since I saw it back in the day. Then I didn't like it because I expected a standard slasher. Now I appreciated it more than the first time but I still don't think it's great or special, and there's something stupid about it.
A woman causes people to lose their belief in a supernatural killer. The belief is where he gets his power from. Because he's angry he shows a display of bigger power.
Their also something stupid about the background story of the Candyman. His hand got removed, yet the people who removed it took the time to replace it with a hook, before getting the guy killed.

Quote from: Prez on Apr 01, 2021, 05:46:09 AMThis scene ... you keep waiting for something to happen and then ... when it does.

Oh, that one. The jump scare effect got lost on me but it certainly was a great scene.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Apr 02, 2021, 01:02:17 AM
Candyman (1992)
First time since I saw it back in the day. Then I didn't like it because I expected a standard slasher. Now I appreciated it more than the first time but I still don't think it's great or special, and there's something stupid about it.
A woman causes people to lose their belief in a supernatural killer. The belief is where he gets his power from. Because he's angry he shows a display of bigger power.
Their also something stupid about the background story of the Candyman. His hand got removed, yet the people who removed it took the time to replace it with a hook, before getting the guy killed.

I always thought of his backstory as merely being an urban legend, it was never really true. Regardless of what the sequels have to say.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed