Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 838,917 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

King of New York (1990)
With Christopher Walken, Wesley Snipes, Laurence Fishburne (as Larry Fishburne), David Caruso, Steve Buscemi,...
This one had the potential of greatness. But it goes a little downhill towards the ending. And the ending itself is a bit weak imo.
Spoiler
I get it, they can't let the bad guy win. But it would've been cooler to see him "ride off into the sunset".
[close]

Cry-Baby (1990)
1 of the 3 musical movies I can stand. The others are Grease and The Producers (1967).
Like the movie above, I always forget what a cast this movie has. Johnny Depp, Iggy Pop, Ricki Lake, Traci Lords, Willem Dafoe,...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Oct 17, 2019, 05:23:05 AM
King of New York (1990)
With Christopher Walken, Wesley Snipes, Laurence Fishburne (as Larry Fishburne), David Caruso, Steve Buscemi,...
This one had the potential of greatness. But it goes a little downhill towards the ending. And the ending itself is a bit weak imo.
Spoiler
I get it, they can't let the bad guy win. But it would've been cooler to see him "ride off into the sunset".
[close]

I remember really quite enjoying that when I saw it. It's budget occasionally shows but Walken and Fishburne were on top form.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Disorganized Crime (1989)
This was a nice late eighties cops & robbers movie.
Starring Louis Diamond Phillips, Ed O' Neill (Al Bundy), latino cop from Predator 2, blonde guy from Major League, old man from Pet Sematary, dad from Gremlins and couple others I've seen before.

The Addams Family (1991)
Enjoyed it more than the last time I watched it. Which I think was long ago.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 17, 2019, 07:38:50 AM
I remember really quite enjoying that when I saw it. It's budget occasionally shows but Walken and Fishburne were on top form.

Yeah, it's far from a bad movie.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Autopsy of Jane Doe

It was effectively creepy and well done, but I'm not overly enamored with the solution to the mystery.

Huggs

Huggs

Shin Godzilla (4/5)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 18, 2019, 07:50:16 PM
The Autopsy of Jane Doe

It was effectively creepy and well done, but I'm not overly enamored with the solution to the mystery.

another film that's on my list

Huggs

Huggs

Stargate (1.5/5)

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 19, 2019, 08:17:30 PM
Stargate (1.5/5)

I hope Hicks doesn't erase you from existence next, then.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Oct 19, 2019, 08:51:01 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Oct 19, 2019, 08:17:30 PM
Stargate (1.5/5)

I hope Hicks doesn't erase you from existence next, then.

I don't know why he would. But he'd have to, because I'm not leavin' you all voluntarily.

TheSailingRabbit

Huggs

Huggs

Dead Space: Downfall (1/5)
Godzilla 2000 (1/5)
Underworld (4/5)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Hard Boiled

That baby is the real hero. :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Spy
Probably one of Melissa McCarthy's best films and i love Statham sending himself up

Sudden Death
A JCVD film that deserves more love. also Powers Boothe is a storm

Zombieland: Double Tap
A sequel worth waiting for. Hysterical and not afraid to send itself up

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Transformers: Age of Extinction

My first time seeing this, given that I originally gave up on this series after the third one.

The editing is f*cing shocking. I lost count of the number of times it instantaneously jumped from one location to a completely different one in the middle of a scene. The drama stuff was predictably clichéd and uninteresting, but even the action scenes - the one place where these films usually excel - were boring and repetitive. Also, all the stuff put in to sell the movie in China felt unbelievably cynical.

Most disappointingly though, this actually has a really damn good cast, but almost everyone of note is totally wasted, especially Kelsey Grammar and Ken Watanabe. The normally excellent Stanley Tucci was awful, thanks mostly to the dire material he was given. Titus Welliver made an impact early on but then completely disappears for most of the movie. But the worst offender by far was T. J. Miller - his was probably the best character in the film, but they kill him off about fifteen minutes in (in a scene designed to shock that really isn't shocking at all), and to make matters even worse his passing barely even gets mentioned by the rest of the cast who are all supposed to be his closest friends.

Transformers: The Last Knight

For some f*cking reason (it was also on TV) I decided to watch the fifth film too. I had a similarly long (longer) list of things to bitch about with regards to this one, but to be honest it's not even worth it beyond saying this is categorically one of the worst big-budget films I've ever seen. I've no idea what it was about, half the characters contributed absolutely nothing (especially many of the side players returning from previous instalments) and I really want some of what Anthony Hopkins was smoking when he agreed to take this role.

The Hitman's Bodyguard

As Meat Loaf never said, one out of three ain't bad. Loved it. Best action comedy I've seen in years. Reynolds and Jackson made a wonderful double act, but surprisingly it was Salma Hayek who stole the show.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Addams Family Values (1993)
Decent sequel.
I miss Raul Julia...

One Crazy Summer (1986)
Nice eighties comedy.
John Cusack, Demi Moore, Joel Murray (God Bless America), Bobcat Goldthwait (Zed from Police Academy), Booger from Revenge Of The Nerds,...

Spy (2015)
Whiskeybrewer sums it up nicely:

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 21, 2019, 12:24:59 PM
Spy
Probably one of Melissa McCarthy's best films and i love Statham sending himself up

Statham really is great in this one. I could almost see him do a Naked Gun type movie. Perhaps when he's older.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed