Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 839,086 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 19, 2019, 04:56:01 AMAlso, it's a shame for us Wire fans that Lester Freamon and Cedric Daniels are both in this and never share a scene.

I remain really gutted how quickly Lester buys it!

Russ

Russ

Never Back Down 1 and 2. It's basically Beverley Hills 90210 with MMA fights, but damn if I didn't enjoy the shit out of these movies. I know its shameful to admit, but there you are.

Also watched "Tapped Out" with Michael Biehn as a karate instructor teaching (another 90210 model) the way of the fist. We all love Michael but I'm not sure if he still (or ever?) trained in martial arts - it didn't look great in the film. I feel bad for saying that. The film was a actually pretty good. The lead's parents are killed and years later he sees the guy in an illegal mma fight. BUT - instead of instantly joining the illegal fight club, the dude actually goes to the cops (they're rubbish of course). I thought this was a nice touch of realism in a typical genre film. I really liked it.

"The Bouncer" with Jean Claude Van Damme. Not what you'd expect from a JCVD movie. Its set in actual Belgium and not "random euro city with great movie tax breaks acting as USA" and its really very much a European film. It's grim, downbeat and a bit depressing...

...In a good way - recommended.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

"Michael Biehn as a karate instructor."

Um, yes, please.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Half Past Dead
Probably one of the last enjoyable Seagal films, mainly because of the cast around him

Guardians of the Galaxy
Still absolute fun. Although after Infinity War, you gotta think about whats happened to the characters on Nova

The Incredible Hulk
Norton made a good Banner/Hulk. Shame he and the studio got into issues. would have been interesting to see his take in Avengers Assemble. They may have gone for the Hulk being the Bad Guy story

Justice League
Enjoyable. But in really want to see the Snyder Cut now

Blockers
Funny as hell. Cena rules at comedy

Godzilla (2014)
A great film, although Cranston should have been in it for a whole lot longer

The Monster Squad
Hadnt seen this in years and forgot how short it is

Galaxy Quest
By Grabthar's Hammer...........what a savings

Naked Space (The Creature wasnt Nice)
Absolute Crap. You have Leslie Nielsen and Patrick Macnee in a film and yet its this pile of rubbish?

The Runestone
Found a better copy on Youtube. Great Monster film

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on May 20, 2019, 10:57:18 AMHalf Past Dead
Probably one of the last enjoyable Seagal films, mainly because of the cast around him

Plus one of the most unintentionally hilarious movie titles ever. Makes literally f*ck all sense.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on May 20, 2019, 10:57:18 AMGalaxy Quest

I really, really need to see that again.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 20, 2019, 11:08:19 AM

Plus one of the most unintentionally hilarious movie titles ever. Makes literally f*ck all sense.

It was indeed a stupid title. They even tried to explain it in the film lol

You really should. It still holds up. And god i miss Alan Rickman

Russ

Russ

It's Seagal mystique. It makes sense to him - that we're not at his level of insight is just our bad, man.

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on May 20, 2019, 10:34:08 AM
"Michael Biehn as a karate instructor."

Um, yes, please.

He didn't do much Karateing in it - lost of close ups and a punch-parry drill. Michael was one of the producers - and IMDB also tells me that the star came up with the story idea... pretty good (he's a proper martial artist... with 902010 looks).

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on May 20, 2019, 10:57:18 AM
Godzilla (2014)

I've not read it yet, but supposedly in the early draft that's out there, his character survives but stays on the aircraft carrier for the rest of the movie. That and I want to say the lead is a teenager.

First Blood

First Blood

Triple Threat (2019)

Tony Jaa, Tiger Chen and Iko Uwais vs. Scott Adkins, Michael Jai White and Michael Bisping. It's as awesome as you'd expect.

Cold Pursuit (2019)

A darkly comedic action thriller with Neeson. I enjoyed it.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on May 20, 2019, 11:09:55 AM

WE'RE ON AN ALIEN PLANET!!!  IS THERE AIR?!!!!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Men in Black

"The dog owes my friend money." :laugh:

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 20, 2019, 08:02:35 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on May 19, 2019, 04:56:01 AMAlso, it's a shame for us Wire fans that Lester Freamon and Cedric Daniels are both in this and never share a scene.

I remain really gutted how quickly Lester buys it!

He gave a f**k when it wasn't his turn to give a f**k.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 20, 2019, 11:30:09 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on May 20, 2019, 10:57:18 AM
Godzilla (2014)

I've not read it yet, but supposedly in the early draft that's out there, his character survives but stays on the aircraft carrier for the rest of the movie. That and I want to say the lead is a teenager.

Now that i would have preferred.

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on May 20, 2019, 07:05:58 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on May 20, 2019, 11:09:55 AM

WE'RE ON AN ALIEN PLANET!!!  IS THERE AIR?!!!!

THIS EPISODE WAS VERY BADLY WRITTEN!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

In the wake of the sad passing of Niki Lauda, I gave Rush a rewatch. As is often the case with films like this, I personally find the true story to be more interesting than the dramatisation, but it's still a really good movie and Chris Hemsworth and especially Daniel Brühl are fantastic in the leads.

Russ

Russ

Brawl in Cell Block 99.

I thought it over-sold the brawl part... it seemed to take a long time to get to. It was a strange movie... it was like two films stitched together that weren't supposed to go together.

One is a crime drama about an essentially decent man who's pulled back into a life of crime because society won't cut him a break... and then the other an ultra-violent, over the top, one man wrecking ball kicking the shit out of everyone.

I liked it - don't get me wrong - I thought it was really entertaining, but I'm not sure I would watch it again... the fights were very violent, but the choreography had a slow / stilted look to it. I get these were supposed to be real brawl style... but it just didn't work for me - I guess Vince Vaughan isn't and never has been a fighter (then again, nor has Matt Damon or Daniel Craig)...

I dunno - for a film with "Brawl" in the title the brawls weren't that great... it was almost as if they were hoping that the violent outcomes would obfuscate the dodgy choreography?

First Blood

First Blood

S. Craig Zahler tends to over indulge himself with his movies. They're good, but he adds a lot of unnecessary elements.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed