Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 839,150 times)

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 15, 2019, 02:23:36 PM
Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on May 15, 2019, 02:12:45 PM
Shame, because he is a good actor, and like I said, had he known where the franchise would go, I bet he would have backed down immediately.  Crazy to imagine that Marvel were taking such a huge risk back then with Iron Man, not only with Favreu directing, but casting RDJ too.  It paid off though, big time

Being 100% transparent and putting aside his drug history and notorious relapses, back in 2008 I thought casting Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark was a horrible decision.

Boy, was I incredibly wrong!

Most of us were.  Maybe the two went hand in hand, the chance given to him and the success and adulation he received might have heled to keep him on the straight and narrow.  Good on him, he became as iconic as Christopher Reeve and Heath Ledger in regards to comic book characters

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on May 15, 2019, 02:26:49 PM
Shame, because he is a good actor, and like I said, had he known where the franchise would go, I bet he would have backed down immediately.  Crazy to imagine that Marvel were taking such a huge risk back then with Iron Man, not only with Favreu directing, but casting RDJ too.  It paid off though, big time

Being 100% transparent and putting aside his drug history and notorious relapses, back in 2008 I thought casting Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark was a horrible decision.

Most of us were.  Maybe the two went hand in hand, the chance given to him and the success and adulation he received might have heled to keep him on the straight and narrow.  Good on him, he became as iconic as Christopher Reeve and Heath Ledger in regards to comic book characters

You putting it that way certainly feels poetic.

Icons indeed!

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 15, 2019, 02:32:22 PM
Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on May 15, 2019, 02:26:49 PM

You putting it that way certainly feels poetic.

Icons indeed!

Spoiler
that cheeseburger scene in iron man will now forever break my heart
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Spoiler
I think Peter Parking thinking Tony is hugging him in Homecoming may get to me more. :'(
[close]

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 15, 2019, 02:45:59 PM
Spoiler
I think Peter Parking thinking Tony is hugging him in Homecoming may get to me more. :'(
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Logan Noir

Great movie. And no, not because it's violent and bloody. :P Frankly, I was never one of the people screaming about how a lack of blood is some kind of insult to the fans... especially since the Claremont stuff everyone loves so much is a rough PG-13 at most. :laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 15, 2019, 10:37:07 PM
Logan Noir

Great movie. And no, not because it's violent and bloody. :P Frankly, I was never one of the people screaming about how a lack of blood is some kind of insult to the fans... especially since the Claremont stuff everyone loves so much is a rough PG-13 at most. :laugh:

From the few comics I did read, Wolverine's fighting was usually bloody. And he smoked more.
What we got, besides Logan, was a watered down version. When I think of Wolverine I kinda think of Bruce Willis in The Last Boy Scout, with the addition of some Hulk rage. Aside from the regeneration, skeleton and claws and stuff.
To clarify, I never been really into comic books so I don't consider myself a fan. But I can agree on fans' point of view. They grew up with it, bought the comics and are among the reasons the character got popular.

Huggs

Huggs

The Sphere (3/5)

The Score (3/5)

Life of Pi (3/5)

Huggs

Huggs

Law Abiding Citizen (4/5)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on May 17, 2019, 08:59:08 PM
Law Abiding Citizen (4/5)

Great movie.
Spoiler
Too bad the bad guy didn't win though.
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

King of New York

Well, that was certainly one hell of a boom headshot.

Huggs

Huggs

Alien: Directors Cut (5/5)

First time I ever noticed the alien embryo and his little peepers on the monitor.

Cute little bugger.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 17, 2019, 09:19:59 PM
King of New York

Walken's awesome in that. As is Fishburne.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 18, 2019, 09:50:18 AM
King of New York

Yeah, they're both great. Speaking of Fishburne...

John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum

This was very good, full of great action, and it was cool getting to see Mark Dacascos on the big screen after so long. It's not as good as the first two, though, as there's a weird tangent in the middle that doesn't quite work, and the ending is a bit flat for me. Still very worth watching, if only to see how you can kill someone with a book.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 18, 2019, 07:24:37 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 18, 2019, 09:50:18 AM
King of New York

Yeah, they're both great. Speaking of Fishburne...

John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum

This was very good, full of great action, and it was cool getting to see Mark Dacascos on the big screen after so long. It's not as good as the first two, though, as there's a weird tangent in the middle that doesn't quite work, and the ending is a bit flat for me. Still very worth watching, if only to see how you can kill someone with a book.

Mark Dacascos?!  As if I didn't need another reason to see this movie!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed