Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 839,190 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 12, 2019, 01:12:42 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Apr 12, 2019, 01:09:15 PM
Hicks will argue with you on that all day.

Well to be fair it could have been one well-armed Predator!

https://i.makeagif.com/media/11-24-2014/fHpAhD.gif

We're all still upset about that one.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Invincible
Its like an Music Video version of a Martial Arts film. Feels like its missing 45 minutes of story and most of it is posing and training and cramming in exposition. Billy Zane is having a blast mind

Flight 7500
A fun creepy airplane horror movie

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

The other Invincible on the otherhand, starring Mark Wahlberg as the real life Vince Papale, was quite good.  :)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 13, 2019, 12:42:30 PM
The other Invincible on the otherhand, starring Mark Wahlberg as the real life Vince Papale, was quite good.  :)

"You're a freakin' Eagle!"

Fantastic soundtrack for that movie. Had about every tune in the book.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 13, 2019, 04:34:53 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 13, 2019, 12:42:30 PM

"You're a freakin' Eagle!"

Fantastic soundtrack for that movie. Had about every tune in the book.

Loved it. Even the little score it had was brilliant.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Redcon - 1

What in the holy f**k did I just watch?  This movie might just be one of the best worst movies I've ever seen.  The script is all over the place, the story is a mess, the acting is over the top and the score is ridiculous at times.  It was entertaining at least, I'll never get bored of watching people roundhouse kick zombies.  It's awesomely bad, but at least it was fun to watch this mess unfold.   

Spoiler
A zombie using nunchucks was worth the almost two hour runtime
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Shanghai Noon

"You said wet shirt don't break, not piss shirt bend bars!"

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 13, 2019, 07:07:01 PM
Shanghai Noon

I can't believe Shanghai Noon is almost twenty years old.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 13, 2019, 07:16:34 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 13, 2019, 07:07:01 PM
Shanghai Noon

I can't believe Shanghai Noon is almost twenty years old.

Yeah, That's crazy. I guess Shanghai Dawn isn't happening after all.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 13, 2019, 07:41:37 PMYeah, That's crazy. I guess Shanghai Dawn isn't happening after all.

Wang v O'Bannon: Shanghai Dawn

By Zack Snyder.

Huggs

Huggs

The Crow: City of Angels

A good sequel and the only one that knew what the heck it was doing.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Bohemian Rhapsody.

Pretty good. A little more shallow than I expected but still a decent film. Rami Malek seemed born to play Freddie Mercury.

Prez

Prez

Hellboy 2019

LOVED IT!
Far from perfect but a wild, fun ride and for me, as a long time (obsessed) reader of Hellboy this was more in the vibe of the comic book (some scenes are straight out of the Mignola's artwork) - no slight on GDT or Perlman (and I love those films too) but this one hit all the right buttons for me.

This is a younger Hellboy and Harbour brings a different performance to that of Perlman but for me personally I actually enjoyed his take more.
I want more of these films but sadly I doubt it will happen given the poor reception.

Proof yet again that films are subjective ... and most critics opinions rarely line up with mine. That's the beauty of movies - make your own mind up.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Prez on Apr 14, 2019, 10:30:15 AM
Hellboy 2019

LOVED IT!
Far from perfect but a wild, fun ride and for me, as a long time (obsessed) reader of Hellboy this was more in the vibe of the comic book (some scenes are straight out of the Mignola's artwork) - no slight on GDT or Perlman (and I love those films too) but this one hit all the right buttons for me.

This is a younger Hellboy and Harbour brings a different performance to that of Perlman but for me personally I actually enjoyed his take more.
I want more of these films but sadly I doubt it will happen given the poor reception.

Proof yet again that films are subjective ... and most critics opinions rarely line up with mine. That's the beauty of movies - make your own mind up.

I'm really starting to notice a trend with comic book movies.  If it isn't MCU it is suddenly open to mainstream criticism, we saw this with Venom, and after the Dark Phoenix trailer dropped a lot of people piled onto it, it was the same with Hellboy.  Now don't get me wrong, I love the MCU for the most part, but I can't help but notice the majority of mainstream critics, and Youtube personalities immediately gush all over any MCU property, stepping over similar criticisms that they have no problem expressing for movies outside of the shared universe.  Don't get me wrong, some movies are just bad, but it isn't a stretch to see that so many so called critics are very forgiving when it comes to Marvel and Star Wars.  Venom was okay, Aquaman was fun, Dark Phoenix looks so so, and truth be told the Hellboy trailers didn't catch my attention, but I'll still see it.  I'm not a conspiracy theorist, (at least I don't think I am) but I have noticed this trend in recent years.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Apr 14, 2019, 10:40:06 AM
Quote from: Prez on Apr 14, 2019, 10:30:15 AM
Hellboy 2019

LOVED IT!

I'm really starting to notice a trend with comic book movies.  If it isn't MCU it is suddenly open to mainstream criticism, we saw this with Venom, and after the Dark Phoenix trailer dropped a lot of people piled onto it, it was the same with Hellboy.  Now don't get me wrong, I love the MCU for the most part, but I can't help but notice the majority of mainstream critics, and Youtube personalities immediately gush all over any MCU property, stepping over similar criticisms that they have no problem expressing for movies outside of the shared universe.  Don't get me wrong, some movies are just bad, but it isn't a stretch to see that so many so called critics are very forgiving when it comes to Marvel and Star Wars.  Venom was okay, Aquaman was fun, Dark Phoenix looks so so, and truth be told the Hellboy trailers didn't catch my attention, but I'll still see it.  I'm not a conspiracy theorist, (at least I don't think I am) but I have noticed this trend in recent years.

I hear ya. Look for the most part most MCU films have been very good however for example Captain Marvel which was bang average at best ... yet critics raving about it. There does seem to be less genuine criticism of their films when warranted say compared to others.

I completely get the criticisms directed at the new Hellboy ... but for me it worked a treat.

Look end of the day if you love a film, good for you. Opinions are just like a**holes, everyones got one :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed