Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 838,995 times)

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Get Out

Wasn't a big fan the first time I watched it, second time around I loved it. 

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 22, 2019, 08:59:21 PMI've seen The Warriors, both 48 Hrs, Red Heat, Last Man Standing, uh... Supernova :laugh:, and Bullet to the Head.

So my Extreme Prejudice recommendation stands :)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 23, 2019, 05:28:13 PM
Dragged Across Concrete

Really strong ensemble crime film. I'll probably give it another watch via VOD so I can see it isn't so late lol.

Quality film but I do think Zahler is a little too close to his own work too realise it's a tad too long.
Some bits could've been cut and it would've still been the same movie.
Maybe it's because he's also a book writer.

I loved what looked like a nod to Commando
Spoiler
When one of the masked killers robs and kills the two guys in the car, he puts a sombrero on the driver.
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 23, 2019, 09:14:27 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 22, 2019, 08:59:21 PMI've seen The Warriors, both 48 Hrs, Red Heat, Last Man Standing, uh... Supernova :laugh:, and Bullet to the Head.

So my Extreme Prejudice recommendation stands :)

Will do. ;D

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 23, 2019, 09:59:27 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 23, 2019, 05:28:13 PM
Dragged Across Concrete

Really strong ensemble crime film. I'll probably give it another watch via VOD so I can see it isn't so late lol.

Quality film but I do think Zahler is a little too close to his own work too realise it's a tad too long.
Some bits could've been cut and it would've still been the same movie.
Maybe it's because he's also a book writer.

I loved what looked like a nod to Commando
Spoiler
When one of the masked killers robs and kills the two guys in the car, he puts a sombrero on the driver.
[close]

The only parts I felt dragged out a bit were the last ten minutes or so (but that was most likely because it was 1 AM and I was tired), and

Spoiler
The Jennifer Carpenter scenes, especially since she dies so quickly right after we spend ten minutes setting her character up. It reminded me a bit of the hitman subplot in The Raid 2, where they did a similar thing.
[close]

PredBabe

PredBabe

127 Hours- this movie makes me wish Franco had a bigger role in Covenant.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 23, 2019, 10:40:01 PM
The only parts I felt dragged out a bit were the last ten minutes or so (but that was most likely because it was 1 AM and I was tired), and

Spoiler
The Jennifer Carpenter scenes, especially since she dies so quickly right after we spend ten minutes setting her character up. It reminded me a bit of the hitman subplot in The Raid 2, where they did a similar thing.
[close]

The Jennifer Carpenter intro could've been cut.
Along with part of the intro scene of the main black character: the sex and dialogue.

I just think if this movie was just a little shorter it would've made a stronger impression.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Lionsgate apparently thought so, too, They dropped the idea of a wide release on account of the running time.

Extreme Prejudice

Kind of felt like two movies in one, but still a good watch.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Special Unit (2017)
Written and directed by comedian Christopher Titus.
He plays an asshole cop who gets assigned to train a team of disabled trainees.
Nice cop buddy movie that addresses an issue in a fun way without being pretentious.
Worth watching.

Observe and Report (2009)
"Over under upside down"

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 24, 2019, 01:41:13 AMExtreme Prejudice

Kind of felt like two movies in one, but still a good watch.

Yeah, it does a bit, but it's good fun. Great cast and everyone turns in a solid performance. Just wish the Wild Bunch-homage finale wasn't so obviously the victim of MPAA cuts.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Venom (2018)
It was okay I guess. Parasite from outer space gets taken to earth and attaches itself to a loser reporter, giving him superpowers. I have a hard time recalling what happened in the movie. It really isn't anything special. Characters are just there. Nothing is fleshed out. Michelle Williams has a thankless role as Hardy's worried girlfriend and Riz Ahmed's bad guy is wasted. I don't even know what his goal was in getting the symbiote to earth. The 'Jump out the window' scene was pretty funny though. 6/10

Slaughterhouse Rulez (2018)
Enjoyable horror comedy by former 'Kula Shaker' member Crispian Mills. A prep school gets attacked by monsters living under the earth when a giant sinkhole appears. I'm a fan of his first movie 'A Fantastic Fear of Everything', so I was thrilled to see this and it doesn't disappoint. The story is fairly cliche though (it has all the usual prep school stuff like hierarchy, classes and bullying), but it's well acted and things move at a nice pace. It takes a while before shit gets real though. Nice supporting roles by Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Michael Sheen. 7/10

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Us

I really enjoyed this for about 99% of the run time. The last two minutes or so kind of hurt it for me, though.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Mortal Engines (2018)
The bigger the budget Peter Jackson gets to work with, the worse it gets. Okay, Mortal Engines isn't directed by him, but he did produce it and wrote the screenplay. It's a visual treat with a lot of steampunk references and some nice acting, but ultimately it's an empty movie. You don't care about the characters and if they live or die. You don't care about all the colorful cgi it throws in your face. I have no idea how it compares to the book but the movie didn't make me want to rush to the library and read it. Oh, I have to mention the soundtrack... It was horrible. Bombastic, ridiculously overblown sentimental orchestral pap. I was surprised to see it was done by Tom Holkenborg (Junkie XL). 5/10

Happy Death Day (2017)
A murder mystery, Groundhog Day style. A stuck up campus slut gets killed and has to find out who murdered her. I really enjoyed this, despite guessing who the killer was in the first five minutes. It's very predictable but still fun nonethess. It's well shot, well acted and has a good soundtrack. Can't go wrong with this one.7/10

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I watched The Founder last night. God damn, that guy was brutal. The American dream, I guess?

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 25, 2019, 08:32:47 AM
I watched The Founder last night. God damn, that guy was brutal. The American dream, I guess?

Don't trust a guy whose name is that close to crook. :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I mean, fair play to the guy he made a f**king empire out of it...but seriously...damn.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed