Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 839,157 times)

Russ

Russ

"Stonehurst Asylum" with Kate Beckinsale, Ben Kingsley, Michael Caine and David Thewlis.

It's a take on a Poe story and it's really great - totally OTTs itself on the gothic, loads of walking around dark corridors with oil lamps and stuff like that.

But, like every other director that works with Beckinsale, the chap in charge fallen entirely in love with her. Check it out next time you watch a Beckinsale movie from the last ten years or so.

"Close up on Kate..."
"Close up on Kate..."
"Close up on Kate..."
"I think we need more close ups on Kate."
"You know what would make this scene really zing? A close up on Kate."

Not that this is a bad thing by any stretch of the imagination - she's eminently watchable!

D88M

D88M

Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 08, 2018, 04:14:16 PM
Quote from: Prez on Feb 08, 2018, 09:52:26 AMThor Ragnarok

Enjoyable but damn that humour felt so forced and out of tone with these characters. It riffed heavy on GOTG even down to the soundtrack. I know this film got rave reviews but once again I'm left scratching my head at what I've just seen versus what could've been.

I will stress however I did enjoy it a lot but dammit I can't help but feel how much more I would've preferred a far more serious, darker tone to this one.

I agree. The film was visually stunning, the action was neat and Cate Blanchett was perfect as Hela, but the humor and the tone of the movie felt way off from what I think is right for a Thor film. Even if it was pretty funny, it was so on the expense of the characters dignity.

Nah, they got Hela totally wrong, they just made it a warrior, and een worse, they made Blanchett deliver a bad performance, she that is such a good actress, and the jokes werent even funny, they did not even made sense...

I watched Hatchet (2006): fun and entertainning,  nothing else.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Tales from the Crypt: Bordello of Blood
More comedic than Demon Knight, but its still a fun film to watch. Shame we never got a third one proper (I don't count Ritual)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Victor Crowley aka Hatchet 4 (2017)
Not great but a better than average modern day slasher with all the right elements.
Read if there'll be a 5th one they'll move out of the swamp. And I'd love to see Crowley terrorize other places.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Justice League: The New Frontier

Very good on the whole, even if I can't begin to explain what was up with the flying dinosaur island thing.

Cobra

One of Stallone's most underrated films, IMO.

Batman: Gotham Knight

Eh, it's okay. Not awful, but not something I would go out of my way to rewatch.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

To Live and Die in L.A.

"You better shit forty grand, because I'm not leaving here without it."

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 10, 2018, 07:18:13 PMJustice League: The New Frontier

Very good on the whole, even if I can't begin to explain what was up with the flying dinosaur island thing.

I remember reading the graphic novel and watching the film a few years back. I quite enjoyed the Golden Age look of it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Wonder Woman (2009)

"You're messing with Lincoln! No one messes with Lincoln!" :laugh:

This was very well done, albeit they could have cut down on the Steve Trevor pervert jokes just a tad. And I have no clue what voice Fillion is going for, it's weird. :laugh:

Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 11, 2018, 11:54:32 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 10, 2018, 07:18:13 PMJustice League: The New Frontier

I remember reading the graphic novel and watching the film a few years back. I quite enjoyed the Golden Age look of it.

I ordered the graphic novel a few days ago, along with some more Geoff Johns Flash.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

American Satan

Jesus this was such a good movie.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Fifty Shades Freed...  :D

It's probably the weaker one of the three movies and I didn't think that was possible. They dropped the ball (pun intended) with developing certain plot points and characters but I suppose that's not really important when it come to these flicks. Still fun to watch while tipsy with your girlfriends.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 10, 2018, 07:18:13 PMCobra

One of Stallone's most underrated films, IMO.

"I'll do it! I'll blow this place up, man!"
"Go ahead. I don't shop here."

I dunno what it is with 80s and 90s Stallone films, but they almost all got cut to shit by the MPAA, Cobra included. Would love to see a restored longer cut one day, even if I know the chances of that happening are practically zilch.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 11, 2018, 07:36:19 PMTo Live and Die in L.A.

"You better shit forty grand, because I'm not leaving here without it."

Just mentioned it in the listening thread, but I absolutely love that movie. I especially like how it starts out as a pretty run-of-the-mill cops n' robbers film, but then by about the halfway point it starts spiralling into ever-increasing madness.
Spoiler
The bit where Petersen takes 12-gauge buckshot to the face near the end is one of the most shocking twists I can remember seeing in a movie.
[close]

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Highlander II - The Producers Cut
So much better than the theatrical (which isn't hard) just flows better.

Transformers The Movie (1985)
This movie is my childhood. I can quote the film like no ones business

The Legend of Zorro
While a good sequel, it isn't as much fun as the first one, which would explain why we never got another one. Which is again a shame

Spy
Loved it. McCarthy finally gets a leading role that suits her so well. Just brilliant and Statham hams it up perfectly

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 12, 2018, 12:20:25 PMThe Legend of Zorro

While a good sequel, it isn't as much fun as the first one, which would explain why we never got another one. Which is again a shame.

I love The Mask of Zorro, but I could never get into the sequel. I'd like to see a new movie some day. A few years ago, they had two films in the works. One origin story based on Isabel Allende's book, as well as a sci-fi Zorro set in the post-apocalyptic future. Nothing ever came of it though, which is a shame, as I really enjoyed Allende's book.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 12, 2018, 02:13:43 PMI love The Mask of Zorro, but I could never get into the sequel.

Same. The first one is one of my favourite films of the 90s, but I found the sequel almost unwatchable.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 12, 2018, 02:17:03 PM
Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 12, 2018, 02:13:43 PMI love The Mask of Zorro, but I could never get into the sequel.

Same. The first one is one of my favourite films of the 90s, but I found the sequel almost unwatchable.

Might be the Kurtzman/Orci factor...

Green Lantern: First Flight (2009)

Not the most amazing thing ever, but it's pretty watchable and beats the shit out of the live action film any day of the week.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed