Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 839,024 times)

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 15, 2015, 04:41:57 AM
It's something that I've always wanted to see. I love the look of the dragon.

I guess the critics didn't like it, but anyone I know that's seen it has enjoyed it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Pom Poko

This movie was so aggressively annoying that I had to pause it and do other things every now and then while I watched. Easily Studio Ghibli's worst film that I've seen.

Bloodee Jacob

Bloodee Jacob

The 2010 remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street last weekend. Not one I was planning on. For some reason my girlfriend picked it out of my collection. I was somewhat surprised since she usually doesn't handle horror movies well, and the fact that she chose to see the remake as opposed to the original 1984 classic version (which I obviously prefer). I'll say what I've generally said before about it. I don't think Haley was bad in the role, although his version and the way it was written came off a lot more flat on screen compared to Englund's. But if anything he was actually one of the very few redeeming elements of the film. He obviously had fun doing it (watch behind the scenes), and he had fair amount of charisma (just not Englund's magic). I really do not like Rooney Mara as Nancy. Not just because I prefer Langenkamp by thousands of miles, but also the fact that Mara herself has said she despises taking the role, and is truly ungrateful. Some even have the feeling that she purposely turned in a dull and wooden performance. She easily may have given her attitude, but either way I doubt she would have been much better with or without more effort. The dream sequences while having the right tone, were completely unimaginative and felt lazy. The part of the story where they have you think that potentially Krueger was innocent is interesting and intriguing, but is ultimately pointless. Also I would have made Cassidy's "Kris" and Dekker's "Jesse" our leads over Mara's "Nancy" and Gallner's "Quentin" as they were able to show just a bit of chemistry as a couple instead of the dull duo we got. Quentin and Nancy had almost no chemistry together both because of what I talked about regarding Mara's performance earlier, and just the fact that Gallner did not do well in general either. The ending "fight" felt anti-climatic and way too short, especially opposed to the final chase/fight sequence in the original. That was clever, intense and fun where as the remake version fell flat. Although Nancy's mother's death was better in this version, it doesn't really do anything for the rest of the movie.

First Blood

First Blood

Masters of the Universe

Skeletor/10

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Whisper of the Heart

Some weird parts aside, this was actually a pretty good love story. I have no idea why it was so obsessed with "Take Me Home, Country Roads", though. :laugh:

Quote from: First Blood on Jan 15, 2015, 08:47:35 PM
Masters of the Universe

Skeletor/10

"I. AM. A. GOD!"

First Blood

First Blood

American Sniper

Very very good. Bradley Cooper delivered an outstanding performance. It is so sad. The circumstances surrounding his death. To come out of the fire, only to be taken by one of your own. :(

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Raid: Redemption

/10

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I watched Cube at the weekend. What a terrible film. But I loved it. xD Loved the premise. Plus it having a young Ezri Dax and Rodney McKay kept me amusing. Has anyone else seen the Cube films?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Watched all three a long time ago. I remember 2 being really weird.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

From what I read on Wiki that was the one with all the alternate realities and etc?

severen76

severen76

Quote from: First Blood on Jan 16, 2015, 02:57:18 AM
American Sniper

Very very good. Bradley Cooper delivered an outstanding performance. It is so sad. The circumstances surrounding his death. To come out of the fire, only to be taken by one of your own. :(

Did it really deserve the Oscar nom? I'll be watching it this weekend.

I hear it's really good, but not that good.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 16, 2015, 08:56:37 AM
From what I read on Wiki that was the one with all the alternate realities and etc?

Yeah, the Cube was "four dimensional" and people ended up meeting themselves.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Curious...sounds fascinating. Probably executed poorly though?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It's been a while, but yeah, I remember it being iffy. And I only really remember the plot twist of Cube Zero.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Go on, spoil me please, be-atch.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed