Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 839,151 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I honestly don't think the time frame mattered. It's the fact that Rodriguez went f**king nuts and lost his shit sometime after Machete. And the fact Miller's new stories really weren't that good.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 20, 2014, 01:55:59 AM
Nope, unfortunately. Apart form Spy Kids and Predators, I'm not really familiar with Rodriguez's stuff.

Will have to give it a watch, though. The style looks all kinds of interesting.

Sin City

From Dusk Till Dawn

Desperado

Check them out.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Hellraiser: Hellseeker

Another piece of shit, go figure. It has roughly the same outline as Inferno, but instead of a mildly intriguing detective plot, we get Dean Winters looking confused while every woman in the movies tries to f**k him and the same ten minutes basically repeats ad nauseam.

Quote from: First Blood on Nov 20, 2014, 02:03:17 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 20, 2014, 01:55:59 AM
Nope, unfortunately. Apart form Spy Kids and Predators, I'm not really familiar with Rodriguez's stuff.

Will have to give it a watch, though. The style looks all kinds of interesting.

Sin City

From Dusk Till Dawn

Desperado

Check them out.

El Mariachi

Machete

Check these out, too.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

The original Sin City is a stone cold masterpiece and holds up marvelously today. Thing is, it can't be replicated or emulated at this time without seeming like anything more than a cliche because of how many films it influenced sylistically. It's the clear standout as being the original bar-setter, however, which is why its integrity holds strong.

Honestly, I'm not even sure why they thought a sequel, much more one this late, would work at all.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Because the source material is fantastic, and a lot of was left after the first movie. Too bad they went with two original stories for much of the sequel.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Nov 20, 2014, 08:45:34 AM
The original Sin City is a stone cold masterpiece and holds up marvelously today. Thing is, it can't be replicated or emulated at this time without seeming like anything more than a cliche because of how many films it influenced sylistically. It's the clear standout as being the original bar-setter, however, which is why its integrity holds strong.

Honestly, I'm not even sure why they thought a sequel, much more one this late, would work at all.

Well said.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The Rover

Definitely one of the year's best. Loved it.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 20, 2014, 03:45:51 PM
The Rover

Definitely one of the year's best. Loved it.

Yes. 8)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: First Blood on Nov 20, 2014, 02:09:45 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Nov 20, 2014, 08:45:34 AM

Well said.

Yeah, the style is the only thing that's important, forget the stories and characters. ::)

First Blood

First Blood

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Nov 20, 2014, 06:29:46 PM

Finally! ;D

What did you think?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

needs more natalie dormer

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Shasvre on Nov 20, 2014, 06:31:34 PM
Quote from: First Blood on Nov 20, 2014, 06:29:46 PM

Finally! ;D

What did you think?

I liked it. Much better than the first one. :)

Nightmare Asylum

First Blood

First Blood

That too. I was kinda pissed too. Daniel Bernhardt was one of the tributes, and he is hardly seen and killed off screen. Why do you cast a renowned martial artist and then don't use him, like at all. Ah well. Least he got to kick some ass in John Wick.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed