According to MSN, Alien is not one of the scariest films of all time

Started by StayFrosty, Oct 30, 2011, 01:54:41 AM

Author
According to MSN, Alien is not one of the scariest films of all time (Read 11,733 times)

fry1236

I didn't want to let her watch any of the Alien and predator related movies (they scared the shit out of me at first) but they always manage to see it at some point  :-\

The Xenoborg

My niece loves the movies :)
She's just 4.

Beauty&Love

Beauty&Love

they even can't sit through the end of 1st Harry Potter (they find it scary!) But it's up for you to decide, how to entertain your little ones.

^

I find the first harry potter scarey................. and I love harry potter,what the f**k was with voldemort in tumor form on some wormy little british guys head? thats scarey no matter.   and the second scared me a little bit too with those freaky voices. I imagine living in sarah palins brain would be like that " Killlllllllllll him....KIllllllllllll! killlllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!! " =]

fry1236

whiterabbit

I sense a trap. After MSN'ers read that list they rent alien thinking it's a non-scary movie and then crap their pants as kanes son is born.

The chestbuster scene scared me because I mean hell I didn't know what was real and not. I was like holy shit we have stuff that can blow out your chest. :o Why the hell do I have to learn all this stuff from the movie. Of course now I know better. Yea it's kind of like where babies come from, no one bothers to explain it to you until you find out for yourself.

btw, most of those movies aren't scary at all. What sets alien apart from most of them is that it was done in style.  8)

AlexVelez

Alien still has some pretty scary/creepy scenes. Yes people have been desensitized over the years, but the thing about Alien is that it didn't rely on gore to scare people, it mainly relied on music, lighting & suspense.

Darkness will always scare people.

Sandy Tess

Quote from: AlexVelez on Dec 30, 2011, 07:45:00 PM
Alien still has some pretty scary/creepy scenes. Yes people have been desensitized over the years, but the thing about Alien is that it didn't rely on gore to scare people, it mainly relied on music, lighting & suspense.

Darkness will always scare people.

Not always. Remember AVPR. ;D

The Xenoborg

AvP:R did scare me.

I was scared of what it made the franchises into.

Sandy Tess

I was more along the lines of disgusted and terrified. ;)

gtsp669

Doesn't matter what a list says.

The only thing that matters is whether YOU like it or not.

Edvin

Quote from: StayFrosty on Oct 30, 2011, 01:54:41 AM
This sort of thing really pisses me off. I dunno why ALIEN is so overlooked and underrated at times.

MSN recently came out with a top 50 list for Halloween of the most scary films of all time. ALIEN was not on the list, nor was it mentioned. Now they've came out with a list of 10 scary films that were overlooked in the original list. ALIEN isn't on there either.

http://movies.msn.com/paralleluniverse/10-overlooked-scary-movies/across-the-universe/

Makes me mad.  >:(
it is one of the best movies of all time, but it is not the scariest movie of all time, but none the less, i am pissed that it wasnt on the list. :(

The_Silencer

It's one of the most remarkable and best terror SCI-FI movies made ever.

Subsequently, it's a cult film of the genre.

Period.

OpenMaw

Quote from: The_Silencer on Jan 06, 2012, 08:33:21 PM
It's one of the most remarkable and best terror SCI-FI movies made ever.

Subsequently, it's a cult film of the genre.

Period.

Alien was a literal blockbuster on release. It's way more than a cult movie.

And that list means nothing at all. Alien is absolutely one of the most creepy films ever made.

This new generation is just full of ADD addicts. As an ex-girlfriend said of Alien "This is boring." ...Oh Gods...

irving343

I'm 17, Alien is my favorite film of all time, it's timeless, and people of my age can't seem to see that, I tried to watch it with my girlfriend(now ex), we got to where the facehugger detached from Kane, she said it "was boring and had bad CG",(she got really mad cause' I snickered when she said CG)

scarhunter92

Quote from: Rothschild on Oct 30, 2011, 12:12:46 PM
Alien was scary in '79. In 2011, not so much.

This. Even if you watch it for the first time. It only scares some little kids by now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed