Mass Effect

Started by Space Sweeper, Dec 12, 2010, 01:46:57 AM

Author
Mass Effect (Read 422,597 times)

WinterActual

WinterActual

Seriously wtf! I think I am just before the last mission. 27 hours??? Is that all? The whole game with all side quests is just about 30 hours? Omg......

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: HicksUSCM on Mar 08, 2012, 06:03:32 PM
Seriously wtf! I think I am just before the last mission. 27 hours??? Is that all? The whole game with all side quests is just about 30 hours? Omg......

Sounds about right to me. And I'm pretty sure you can get more hour out of this. Plus multiplayer.

Spoiler
And Grunt survived the fight in the rachni mission for me. Yes, he was loyal to me in ME2. :)
[close]

WinterActual

WinterActual

It doesn't sound right. This is RPG, it gotta be way more longer.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: HicksUSCM on Mar 08, 2012, 06:17:25 PM
It doesn't sound right. This is RPG, it gotta be way more longer.

Back in the 90s, maybe. And this is a third-person action RPG, not an average RPG of swords and sorcery and a buttload of grinding. The game would become repetitive as f**k if they stretched the story to be 50 hours long.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Skyrim is not about the grinding and its very very long game. If you begin to complete every Guild quest lines and other side quests like the Daedric quests, the 50 hours are guaranteed for your. More than 50 tbh. Skyrim is a free roam game but thats not the point lol  :D Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer is repetitive but its cool :P

Prime113

Prime113

Skyrim's quest didn't take no 50 hours to beat, pllleeaassee. My friend beat it in like twenty something. I remember him even saying he thought it would take longer, but it's the all those side missions/guild missions that take up the most time. And, I don't see Skyrim having the depth that ME3 has. I mean, look at the choices that add up. Form ME1 and 2 and even several throughout 3.

And there is no way you completed all the side quests in 3 hours. No way. IGN said the main story would be around the time you said, but it said the total game would take about 40 hours to complete.

Hudson

Hudson

Doing everything (unless I missed something) in ME2 including DLC starting from level 5 took me about 31. Mass Effect games are not Skyrim.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I'm at about the same time, just about to...

Spoiler
assault The Illusive Man's station.
[close]

Do what I did: consider how much you've been sitting around playing the game for the past two days. It's immersive as f**k, and that causes time to fuh-LY.

Quote from: Prime113 on Mar 08, 2012, 02:43:40 PM
How do I improve Galactic readiness without playing MP?
http://www.oxm.co.uk/39560/want-the-best-mass-effect-3-ending-dont-worry-about-galactic-readiness/

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Prime113 on Mar 08, 2012, 06:59:12 PM
Skyrim's quest didn't take no 50 hours to beat, pllleeaassee. My friend beat it in like twenty something. I remember him even saying he thought it would take longer, but it's the all those side missions/guild missions that take up the most time. And, I don't see Skyrim having the depth that ME3 has. I mean, look at the choices that add up. Form ME1 and 2 and even several throughout 3.

And there is no way you completed all the side quests in 3 hours. No way. IGN said the main story would be around the time you said, but it said the total game would take about 40 hours to complete.
Its not my problem that your friend rushed Skyrim. I want to see how he can beat the game with every side quest completed + the main story line quest in 20 hours.

Also all the choices you made in ME 1 and 2 are nothing special in ME3. The outcome of these choices is very poor.

IGN are retarded and they are payouts. All of their scores are because of money.

I can see you are ME fanboy but don't tell me that ME3 is a long game. 30 hours at best. There are no more quest in the journal, every planet scanned, every quest given by somebody on the citadel is done, ME3 romance achieved, every alive ME2 member met, and here I am with 27 hours. Sorry to say but its true.

Hudson, ME2 including not all DLCs took me about 37-40 hours so I am even slower in my playing because I like to explore every corner of the RPG games  :D

Space Sweeper I am in the same boat as you mate! Just before the start of the assault.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Negro please, like me, you just have way too much time on your hands.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

There you are, mofugga!  Hiding behind Mass Effect 3!  Wondered where you had gone :laugh:

Vulhala

Vulhala

I think all you have to look at all 3 ME games as 1 big quest really. Am I right in thinking that small things you did in the first game can still have consequences in this one?

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: Vulhala on Mar 08, 2012, 08:43:35 PM
I think all you have to look at all 3 ME games as 1 big quest really. Am I right in thinking that small things you did in the first game can still have consequences in this one?

That's probably the best way to look at it. In which case I'm estimating the whole thing 100% would be something like 90-100 hours, that includes all the really meticulously boring quests in the first game and all the bland cardboard sidequests in the second game.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: HicksUSCM on Mar 08, 2012, 07:41:23 PM

Its not my problem that your friend rushed Skyrim. I want to see how he can beat the game with every side quest completed + the main story line quest in 20 hours.

Also all the choices you made in ME 1 and 2 are nothing special in ME3. The outcome of these choices is very poor.

IGN are retarded and they are payouts. All of their scores are because of money.

I can see you are ME fanboy but don't tell me that ME3 is a long game. 30 hours at best. There are no more quest in the journal, every planet scanned, every quest given by somebody on the citadel is done, ME3 romance achieved, every alive ME2 member met, and here I am with 27 hours. Sorry to say but its true.

Hudson, ME2 including not all DLCs took me about 37-40 hours so I am even slower in my playing because I like to explore every corner of the RPG games  :D

Space Sweeper I am in the same boat as you mate! Just before the start of the assault.

I never said it was a problem either. You said that the main quest toke something like, 50 hours. Bullshit. My friend did it in a little over 20. That's JUST the main quest. He said, the reason Skyrim is so epic in length, is because of all the side quests...which he did not do in his first playthrough.

Dude, in a world where your average FPS' campaign is 5-7 hours long, I would say Mass Effect 3 is a pretty f**kin' long game. I don't play a whole lot of RPG's, so I can't comment on those.

QuantumSheep

QuantumSheep

After hearing about the endings, I seriously don't feel like playing through the first two games again. It seems that everything you do amounts to shit in the end, as the endings are contrived and it's pretty much a "pick one of three" affair. I might be able to play through ME3 once or twice, but to have the destination render the journey a near waste of time is very disappointing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed