Was The Empire Strikes Back actually a good movie?

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Apr 02, 2024, 07:34:30 PM

Was the Empire Strikes Back actually a good movie?

No, it was a bit rubbish actually
0 (0%)
No, Lucas should have directed it
3 (37.5%)
No, it is overrated
1 (12.5%)
No, it's an absolute pile of bollocks
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author
Was The Empire Strikes Back actually a good movie? (Read 802 times)

nanison

I actually prefer the one with the teddy bears, especially the opening half hour or so as this feels ver much like one of those old school serials. It is the most adventurous of the bunch and I love adventure films.

E. Shaw

Quote from: nanison on Apr 02, 2024, 11:39:30 PMI actually prefer the one with the teddy bears, especially the opening half hour or so as this feels ver much like one of those old school serials. It is the most adventurous of the bunch and I love adventure films.

Return of the Jedi is amazing too. Its my favorite for the opening and Throne Room scenes alone.

Has my favorite lines too:

"Give yourself to the dark side.. it is the only way to save your friends. Your thoughts betray you, your feelings for them are strong.. especially for.. sister.. so you have a twin sister.. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me, now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the dark side.. then perhaps she will!"

"You have failed your highness, I am a Jedi like my father before me."

"A Jedi Knight?! Luke can't even take care of himself! I'm out of it for a little while and people get delusions of grandeur!"

SiL

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 02, 2024, 10:56:15 PMIs this thread a sequel or midquel?
It's modern insecure meta-commentary sequel. See also Jurassic World, Halloween.

Immortan Jonesy

Even so I'm eager to learn...What would TESB directed by George Lucas be like?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: nanison on Apr 02, 2024, 11:39:30 PMI actually prefer the one with the teddy bears, especially the opening half hour or so as this feels ver much like one of those old school serials. It is the most adventurous of the bunch and I love adventure films.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 02, 2024, 11:50:09 PMEven so I'm eager to learn...What would TESB directed by George Lucas be like?

Faster and more intense.

E. Shaw

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 02, 2024, 11:50:09 PMEven so I'm eager to learn...What would TESB directed by George Lucas be like?

Lots of politics and speeches.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: E. Shaw on Apr 02, 2024, 11:59:25 PM

Lots of politics and speeches.

Woohoo!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 02, 2024, 10:26:07 PMI thought he was going to go after Species, to be honest.

His username has nothing to do with Species. It's simply a shortened form for silly.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Doesn't seem like there is much love for Empire on here?  :-\

Local Trouble

Buncha ROTJ lovers around here. >:(

BigDaddyJohn

Everyone knows The Phantom Menace is the best Star Wars movie FFS.

Kimarhi

I consider TESB to be the best in the series in any of the trilogy series.  Prequel/OG/Sequel. 

SiL

TESB is alright. It's not quite as bad as Blade Runner but it's up there.

Kradan

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 03, 2024, 08:28:29 PMEveryone knows The Phantom Menace is the best Star Wars movie FFS.

BigDaddyJohn

AOTC is a guilty pleasure of mine actually  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed