Gameplay Bugs/Issues

Started by ikarop, Feb 16, 2010, 05:55:09 PM

Author
Gameplay Bugs/Issues (Read 132,241 times)

VEF214

VEF214

NAT.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Drewid on Feb 17, 2010, 11:14:18 AM
Can you get pics of the sticky spots?

These things are a total nightmare to test for. I've managed to get characters stuck in both Force Unleashed and Arkham Asylum.  ::)

See if I can.

InfestedGoat

InfestedGoat

Quote from: Grimreaper1985 on Feb 17, 2010, 05:27:16 PM
Is anyone else having trouble joining friends or having them join you in AvP?

(i dont know if youre doing this, but this is how youre suppose to)

You can't have someone just join your already started game. You need to do the usual -> ranked -> quick match-> and what ever page where you see the thing that says your group; and your the only person in it. Thats when you can start adding friends into your group.

Once theyre in your group they stay with you, so even after a game ends it will spit you back out with the group still together.

Hope this helped, if this is what you we're doing, then maybe try right clicking your game on the steam list, properties, and check the local cache (i think that is what it is called), to see if all the game files downloaded and installed properly.

Axlotl

Axlotl

Yeah, I've had a few instances of stealth kills not working in MP, and its not a problem on my end, as my ping was fine. Possibly the target was lagged?

I followed a Marine for about 10 seconds, with the stealth kill prompt on the screen, and me hitting E and nothing happening, then he turned around and blew me away.

DB

DB

I can't get past the first Alien level because no matter how long I stare at the guy's hand he just stays there. There's also no dialogue in that part.

frostedone

frostedone

My specs: Vista 64 SP1

Core 2 Quad Q9300

ATI Radeon HD 5770 with the latest Drivers as of todays update (10.2).

6GB Ram.

I downloaded the game on Steam and the DX9 version runs fine but I can't even get to the menu screen in DX11 mode. As soon as I click on to launch the DX 11 version I get the

"Aliens Vs. Predator Has Stopped Working" Message.

Here is what it says:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   AvP_DX11.exe
  Application Version:   1.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   4b798192
  Fault Module Name:   d3d11.dll
  Fault Module Version:   6.0.6001.18000
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4791a783
  Exception Code:   c0000135
  Exception Offset:   0006ecfb
  OS Version:   6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   9d13
  Additional Information 2:   1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8
  Additional Information 3:   9d13
  Additional Information 4:   1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8

Read our privacy statement:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

I tried verifying the integrate of the game's cache and re downloading DX 11 but so far none have worked! Please help and thank you.

If it helps I recently upgraded my videocard from an Nvidia 9800GT.

green_comet

green_comet

Hey guys,

I would just like to know how other people are playing the PC version of AVP? I picked up my Hunter edition this morning, I tried to install it but steam pops up and says that the game has not yet been released. All i get is a cancel installation button and thats it.  ???

I checked on steam and it says that the game will be released in 1 day and 19 hours. wtf?  >:(

ArwingAssultX

ArwingAssultX

Thats strange and annoying. My game was supposed to come out today since I live in Canada but the orders did not come in so I have have to wait 1-2 more days... I feel your pain.

texasxdoom

texasxdoom

Hey everyone, long time lurker, first time poster. Anways, I'm over on the XBOX 360 version and boy, it seems as if we side-stepped the majority of these problems you guys are having. However, there are quite a few that I'm surprised weren't mentioned here!

• Midway through the Marine campaign, many people are randomly awarded with the "Welcome to the Party" achievement, which is "Achieve 6000 XP in multiplayer." This would end up putting you in the 20ish level range! It happened to myself and 7 others, even though the stats board says I have a total of 1000 XP.
  • The heavy attacks have an extraordinary "Lock On" range. Like autoaim. I'd say that the predator and alien heavy attacks have about a 15 foot hit radius in 70% of the cases I tried.
  • Match making takes FAR, FAR too long. This should be patched IMMEDIATELY as it's almost game-breaking. The same with lobby kicking. I mean, come on...why can't we play with the same people over and over again?
  • This may be atypical, but what the heck is the deal with Domination mode only being Aliens Vs. Marines? It's way unfair as the aliens can easily speed between points and capture them. Out of 7 matches I played in this mode, aliens won everytime!

By the way, my gamertag is thugnastydoom. Feel free to add me.

Edit: Fixed some typos.

3volved

3volved

How about the gaming timing out or the host leaving at the end of the game and nobody getting all the xp they earned? thats probably the most ANNOYING thing in this whole game

texasxdoom

texasxdoom

Ha, you can easily get it back with that XP glitch though...

Joe117

Joe117

My impression of the game is good, it could have been better, I'm really upset u can't system link or play multiplayer offline.

WeylandYutaniCorp

WeylandYutaniCorp

1. why do you have to look for a new group after every match?
2. wheres that hissing sound i became oh so accustomed to when the alien sprints?
3. why can i not seem to change classes in the match screen?

bobcunk

bobcunk

the only error iv found is that i havent played it yet. >:(

kroenen77

kroenen77

there comes a patch today..but the soundbug did not gone away.sometimes the voice of mr. weyland in the videos is gone away...in the laborlevel its often..and other soundbugs.thats only on ps3.and the game is bucking heavy sometimes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed