The "Ninja/Samurai" Predator...

Started by Spaghetti, May 04, 2007, 03:50:07 PM

Author
The "Ninja/Samurai" Predator... (Read 7,025 times)

Dekapitator

@ ShadowPred: Those where just some examples of the "yautja" characteristics P.A. gave the Preds in AvP. The whole yautja feel and way of the AvP Preds is what the topic is about.

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

The giant leaping stab on the queen was awesome.

It has nothing to do with ninja/samurai unless a person places that construct on it.  Sure, Anderson may have liked the "ninja" type stuff, but I doubt he sat there and thought "hey, if he does this huge jumping stab, it'll be just like what a ninja would do."  As far as my understanding of ninjas goes (and it goes far enough), they don't really DO that kind of thing...

It was put in there because it looks cool, not because it is "ninja" like or whatever else you want to call it.

Also, postulating that the Predators have devised a number of fighting systems (read: martial arts to most of you) is not far fetched at all.  Especially given the fact that the majority of their kills are made up close with wristblades and other melee weapons.  If you are going to be fighting a dangerous animal up close, you had better know how to use your tools efficiently and effectively.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

There you go.

Don Dorris

Don Dorris

Quote from: uhhhhh on May 06, 2007, 09:15:19 PM
Especially given the fact that the majority of their kills are made up close with wristblades and other melee weapons.  If you are going to be fighting a dangerous animal up close, you had better know how to use your tools efficiently and effectively.

Considering that in the films a lot of their kills are from a distance with the shoulder cannon, I don't think they need worry. Even up close in the original films, the fighting style is more brutal and tribal than 'ninja', that they seem to be in AvP.

Highland

Highland

I think the Pred in Predator 2 when it takes on Keys team with the spear showed how skilled the Pred was, your talking multiple targets, whilst using shoulder Cannon and spear!!!

I like the preds when the show skill with their chosen weapon.

As for hand to hand, I don't think you could pull this off on screen.

A predator doing a Round house kick on an Alien would generate a crowd Laugh and make a mockery of the film...

Sorry, Ninja Predators just not possible in my opinion (unless its with the spear as above)

darkbladepred

Quote from: highlandpred on May 07, 2007, 11:25:13 AM
I think the Pred in Predator 2 when it takes on Keys team with the spear showed how skilled the Pred was, your talking multiple targets, whilst using shoulder Cannon and spear!!! 

Yeah! Best action sequence in the movie. That's how the predator should fight at close range, because that's the best close range combat I've ever seen a predator involved with.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed