"better" version of the movie

Started by slaysaliens, Jun 25, 2008, 10:46:51 PM

Author
"better" version of the movie (Read 2,087 times)

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

Hey I did something really worth while in my spare time,  I took the unrated version and loaded it in some editing software on my mac and changed the predator vision to the blue/red thermal and added the right sound fx for that vision mode.  I also added the Aliens/AVPR elephant/peacock sound fx when an alien dies.  I just watched it and it actually makes the movie more like the originals and pretty fun to watch!

anyway, nothing extremely amazing but i thought it was worth mentioning

Reborn

Reborn

cool, for a first post.

SM

SM

No it's not legal because you don't have a license to redistribute it.

However, I can't imagine any important caring if you uploaded it on to Youtube or something.

War Wager

War Wager

Sound effects don't make a movie better or worse.

SM

SM

They can help.

War Wager

War Wager

They can, but say Kane's Son used the vocals from the A:R Aliens, is that going to make the movie worse?

Private Hudson

Yes, it would indeed.

War Wager

War Wager

Nay.

SiL

SiL

Yay, actually.

The creepy biomech sounds the original Alien made really fit well with the biomechanical aesthetic of the overall design. Throwing in dinosaur roars would not have worked, and you'd ruin any scene where the Alien made a sound.

War Wager

War Wager

It wouldn't have lowered my rating to 5/5 to 4/5 for sure.

SiL

SiL

Cue someone ripping the scenes from ALIEN and overlaying the AR sounds, then uploading the video to YouTube.

...Anyone?

War Wager

War Wager

It wouldn't suit it obviously, it was just an example.

Parler

Parler

Sounds pretty cool.

Private Hudson

What? The A:R sounds over the real alien sounds? You crazy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed