ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 399,809 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

One Alien's already stowed away in there. It doesn't fly with me at all that she'd go to bed without checking it out.

I'm not expecting her to take the whole dropship apart searching, but the idea it would be right there and she never even had a look is ridiculous. If she's worried about Hicks being wounded she could just put into cryo before she investigates herself.

Xenomrph

Eh, I guess I'm just okay with it. I think it's more of the bluray menu making the best of a poorly written situation.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 17, 2016, 02:58:55 PM
My standard edition arrived today. Pleased to see they corrected to goof about Vriess being dead when he isn't!

Bummer.  Now I have to go back only wishing Vriess was dead.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 17, 2016, 03:28:58 PM
One Alien's already stowed away in there. It doesn't fly with me at all that she'd go to bed without checking it out.

I'm not expecting her to take the whole dropship apart searching, but the idea it would be right there and she never even had a look is ridiculous. If she's worried about Hicks being wounded she could just put into cryo before she investigates herself.

Ooze theory.

Perfect-Organism

I think it would be interesting if Bishop put the egg there.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on May 17, 2016, 04:01:18 PM
That theory has been around for a while, it just begs the question of why would he do it?

Local Trouble

Bishop had no opportunity.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 17, 2016, 04:15:07 PM
Well there's that, too. :P

StrangeShape

I guess only the set designer and perhaps adi, who placed the egg know where the egg is suppose to be located

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 17, 2016, 04:12:15 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on May 17, 2016, 04:01:18 PM
That theory has been around for a while, it just begs the question of why would he do it?

"Mr. Burke gave instructions that they were to be kept alive for return to the company labs.  He was very specific about it."

SM

"Bishop, I want these specimens destroyed as soon as you're finished with them.  Is that clear?"

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 17, 2016, 05:22:08 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 17, 2016, 04:15:07 PM
Well there's that, too. :P

That's not exactly true.  Bishop spent a lot of time alone from the moment when he started crawling through the tube-tunnel until he had the second drop ship.  It is possible he went down and picked up a couple of eggs from the egg chamber, and equally possible that the Aliens would have just ignored him as he did so since he is an android.  He could have stashed the eggs on the dropship at that time and went to get Ripley and Hicks.  I wrote a whole detailed post on how that could work to allow Alien 3 and Blomkamp's film to co-exist.  I think I will start a separate thread on that topic.

Quote from: SM on May 17, 2016, 09:57:05 PM
"Bishop, I want these specimens destroyed as soon as you're finished with them.  Is that clear?"

If you were an android and you had conflicting instructions like that, what would you do?

SM

In this instance it doesn't matter.  If Bishop refused Ripley or any of the marines would've destroyed them.

Perfect-Organism

I think a continuation of the reasoning I just presented would give more depth to Bishop, while keeping him in that delicious grey area that he spent the entire film in.  He might have ultimately decided that he needs to bring the eggs back so they can be studied and understood.  This would not be in conflict with his prime directive, because he may rationalize that he is saving humanity by informing them about the Aliens.

SM

Bishop was never grey.  We only see him that way through Ripley's tainted lens.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: SM on May 17, 2016, 10:01:50 PM
In this instance it doesn't matter.  If Bishop refused Ripley or any of the marines would've destroyed them.

Hence why he would have brought the egg on board surreptitiously.

Have you read my post (somewhere in another thread), where I rationalize how Bishop doing this could lead to Alien 3 and Blomkamp's film co-existing?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed